Hdd 1 installed ubuntu

Hdd 1 installed ubuntu
Hdd 2 can't install windows, windows wants to be only OS

If i unplug hdd 1 's cable and install windows to hdd 2 will it dual boot when i plug hdd 1's cable?

Looks like you don't understand fundamental parts of the technology you are trying to use.
How did you make it to Sup Forums, user?

For future reference, just install windows first

I don't want them on some hdd

Games for windows
X for ubuntu

They are different things

Same*

just change boot order, tard

How

Not sure what that has to do with anything I said

Just help man

Was answer yes?

it's in your bios settings, unless you have one of those oem computers that don't allow that. Also, couldn't you just choose the target disk to install to if you're installing windows? It wouldn't meddle with the other OS since it's in a completely different drive.

Install windows
Boot into live cd/usb
Chroot into ubuntu install
Reinstall grub
Everything just werks

learn to configure grub nooblord.

>Hdd 2 can't install windows
In just what way "can't" Windows install? What happens instead?

Is it a good idea, to install both operating systems on the same small (128gb) SSD plus maybe 1 or 2 games? And for multimedia and all the programs I use a HDD.
And can I access my documents and pictures which are all on Ubuntu from windows?

You're going to have problems with the bootloaders conflicting with each other. Just have them on different drives. Even then, there's still a bit of a problem with how the BIOS clock is handled by the two operating systems.

It is a good idea, but afaik you cannot mount HDD as /home or something, which means you can't install programs on ubuntu to HDD, i might be wrong, never tried it.
To reach files on your ubuntu, you can use any Ext4 addon program for windows, i use ext2fsd

So I guess the best thing would be to get 2 SSDs, one for windows and games and the other one for ubuntu and programs.
Or I could also install windows on the ssd and for ubuntu i have to use the HDD, because the space on the SSD will not be enough for all programs on Linux.
Decisions, decisions..

Unplug hdd1
install windows on hdd2
boot hdd1
reconfig grub/bootloader of choice

Wait...
CAN you dual boot from two separate drives?

OP you need to learn how to configure grub.

Grub is a bootloader that loads before the OS (windows or linux) and it brings up a choice for the user if there is a choice to present. Windows deletes grub and just uses its own bootloader, so you gotta redo grub.

Which if he does this...
is just a matter of booting Ubuntu and reinstalling grub.

you can quintuple boot from five different drives if you want.

Why would you do it any other way?
Partitions are so 90s

If you choose to boot from either HDD with the bios yes - but that's probably not what you want.

Install Windows on whatever HDD first, then install Ubuntu.
Or install Windows, the boot ubuntu and upgrade grub.

Install Source Mage and you're set.
All linux but with triple A games

Install windows
Use super grub 2 disk
Boot to ubuntu
Sudo grub-install /dev/sda
Sudo update-grub