You want 15 inch computer?

>you want 15 inch computer?
>you want function keys?
>NO COMPUTER FOR YOU

Will Apple have the courage to discontinue the touch bar at next refresh? If this really were something professionals wanted, they would have included it on their new $4999 iMac pro

youtube.com/watch?v=M2lfZg-apSA

The touchbar was a big mistake on Apple's part. Why not just give the MacBook a touch display? That would've been much easier for everyone.

what do you exactly use, your function keys for, if I may ask ?

Cuck.

shortcuts?

Why do you ask Sup Forums instead of Apple?

That's not how macOS really ever worked. Shortcuts are logical, to reload a webpage for example you'll have to press cmd + R (r from reload) instead of a random function key without any context. Another example is cmd + W to close the window (w for window) instead of alt + f4, which again has no context why its that shortcut. You can of course customize all of these shortcuts on macOS but those are the defaults. The actual function keys got kind of neglected over the years. You can get them back by holding fn at any time though.

dogma
jobs hated touchscreen laptops and apple won't modify it's hinge design to make a convertible macbook

What's the wonderfully intuitive mac shortcut to do the following?
>calculate in excel
>toggle absolute reference in excel
>rename files/folders

Function keys are extremely productive. It's all with the touch of one button too

XPS15 masterrace

Not him, but you rename with enter.

Besides doesn't explain why the wired apple keyboard has 19 function keys. But I'm more used to have Cmd+W and Cmd+Q to close windows and programs. Also you can just enable function keys to work the way they do by default without pressing fn instead of having shit like change volume.

If you do insist on using MS Office on mac, instead of a free of charge alternative by Apple themselves;
>return
>cmd + T (obviously Microsoft being terrible at picking a shortcut)
>return, to open it's cmd + return or cmd + arrow down

ctrl-w closes a window in Windows too. works in chrome, explorer, etc.

Only in certain programs. It used to not to.

Is this the only laptop with stereo front facing speakers?

Touchscreen laptops are retarded. It's a fucking laptop, not a damn phone. MacBooks are too good for that bullshit.

You can set the touchbar to display only function keys. Yeah it's a screen instead of buttons, but it's still alright. I'd rather have both both options than just one or the other. The touchbar is actually useful

OK, sure, but regardless, interacting with your laptop via an absurdly narrow window is infinitely more retarded than just fucking touching the screen wherever

vimlatex and some other vim plugins are basically useless without function keys. this is of course customizable, but spending days relearning this is stupid.

CMD+f3 is the default shortcut for showing the desktop, I use it all the time, again this is probably also customizable, but it is retarded to make your own shortcuts for everything

having a nice buttons to adjust volume with is also much better than looking down on your keyboard and, touch to get the volume slider and adjust the volume like a cuck

also, the touch bar would give me nothing

Not if it offers buttons and UI elements, that have to be hidden if it were on a main touch screen, neatly next to eachother.

it's still stupid to look away from the screen and down on the touch bar. the touch bar gives suggestions when you type, so you'll have to look at the touch bar, figure out which word you want and touch it. instead you could get suggestions on the screen, press tab one or two times and you'll have your word. it literally only takes a tiny fraction of the time and it is much convenient, at least if you're a pro user and not retarded

I don't think it's better to have a full on touch screen. But I do feel as if the TouchBar isn't finished. I think it could be improved a lot, especially if they were to add 3d touch and a haptic engine to the thing.

>MacBooks are too good for that bullshit

Jobs also hated the stylus

For phones.

what do you exactly use, your touchbar for, if I may ask ?

>Yeah it's a screen instead of buttons
its not a screen its a separate computer that can crash and run laggy

Had to reboot my one at work several time because of this

I don't use neither just the functions like vol up/down that I would prefer a touchbar for.
Plus I like how it changes to the application, that's running so I get even more function shortcuts.

The only 15 laptop with battery life

Stylus as the only touch input. Pretty sure he didn't have a hateboner for Wacoms.

>Will Apple have the courage to discontinue the touch bar at next refresh? If this really were something professionals wanted, they would have included it on their new $4999 iMac pro
When rumors surfaced of the new Mac Pro and iMac Pro models, it was said that they decided to start working on professional products from a different standpoint after the negativity the Touch Bar MacBook Pro received.

However, it's hard to say what they will do. If you phase it out completely after like a year, you're basically admitting to have cocked up. And I doubt Apple wants to do that either.

>you want function keys?
Hmmm, how do I get to use my function keys...
Gee I don't know, maybe I should press THIS FUCKING BUTTON...

No, I'm not a apple user, nor I like the MacBooks, but come on.

>2017 bitching about no function keys
Use a keyboard dipshit?
No you don't have to go get the magic keyboard to have that

>Not knowing you can make the touchbar function keys 24/7
Whew lad

Probably to prevent cannibalizing iPad sales. Apple prevents people from having buyer's remorse by having their products not overlap. Or at least they used to which was really good for selling to people who have no idea what they're buying, but they now have a bunch of phones that overlap, and the smallest iPad kind of overlaps with the largest iPhone... so they've been fucking that part of their image real bad recently.

Considering that the non-touchbar version of the 13-inch mbp is vastly outselling the touchbar, it won't be a surprise.

The only touchbars getting out there are the 15 inchers and thats only because they have no choice.

except i'm a student, and you can't bring them to the exam because it is theoretically possible for some smart asses to use it to cheat because the touch bar is attached to a little independent computer

Holy shit I've been using cmd + O to open things for a while and didn't even know about cmd + arrow down.
Thanks

Nah. The fact it's on the keyboard and actually part of the keyboard makes it much better than having the entire screen be covered in shitty fingerprints and having to leave the keyboard and reach to the screen etc.

This

Wait what? You can bring your non-touchbar laptop to exams? Because the only way to cheat is via a 2000*100 pixel screen above your keyboard and not the fucking laptop itself. What and where the hell do you study that you can bring laptops to fucking exams?

Basically any program that lets you make user macros.

>h-hey, this cheater's using the small computer on his medium sized computer!

How is this relevant

>moving goalposts

Are you retarded? You can re enable function keys on the touchbar.

Reminder that Jobs hand picked Cook knowing that he would drive apple into the ground, thus guaranteeing that Apple = Jobs forever

>A computer named after a jew

kek kys