How the fuck do I compress a 4 minute video into a 4MB webm for Sup Forums and make it look good?

How the fuck do I compress a 4 minute video into a 4MB webm for Sup Forums and make it look good?
Help.

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/WWyeD
youtube.com/watch?v=t9ilBHkH9Io
webmshare.com/R31B6
youtube.com/watch?v=aVevvbFNKiY
webmshare.com/6rZa1
webmshare.com/WWyDD
webmshare.com/5xowL
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nigger you do realize its impossible right

unless you reduce resolution to ant-tier or hirohito allows vp9 webms

Well, let's go smaller. Can I compress a 2 minute video into a 4MB webm for Sup Forums and make it look good?

Just use the pied piper app

Isn't that Caska? I don't remember seeing a scene like that.

>pied piper app
what now?

Reduce the time,
reduce the quality,
reduce the dimensions,
mute the audio

Then it might fit.

Honestly it'd be better to upload it to mixtape.moe and just send the link

Dunno man, I don't know if some people have real web skills or I just imagine that their webms look better.

Tried this today for KC there is a 10mb limit. rate

webmshare.com/WWyeD

its possible user, use webm converter (webm for retards)

You have your target length and target size. From that, calculate the target bitrate. Decide on the fps you want, and tweak all other settings (resolution will be important) until you get the most viewable product.

It's from here btw, maybe someone is bored and makes a proper webm. This guy can sing desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=t9ilBHkH9Io

At 320kbps the audio bitrate is too high. 128kbps would be enough, maybe even as low as 96kbps. That leaves around 300-330kbps for video. Really low but still manageable is you performa a 2 pass encode and use bigger GOP lengths, say 10 seconds. Your video has a GOP length of 5.

Rated.

Here you go, this was me btw webmshare.com/R31B6

Here's my command line
ffmpeg -i "Chandelier - Postmodern Jukebox ft. Singing Sad Clown Puddles - As Performed On America's Got Talent-t9ilBHkH9Io.mp4" -pass 1 -vcodec libvpx -vf fps=20,scale=512x288 -g 200 -acodec libvorbis -b:a 96k -b:v 310k "Chandelier - Postmodern Jukebox ft. Singing Sad Clown Puddles - As Performed On America's Got Talent-t9ilBHkH9Io.webm"

ffmpeg -i "Chandelier - Postmodern Jukebox ft. Singing Sad Clown Puddles - As Performed On America's Got Talent-t9ilBHkH9Io.mp4" -pass 1 -vcodec libvpx -vf fps=20,scale=512x288 -g 200 -acodec libvorbis -b:a 96k -b:v 310k "Chandelier - Postmodern Jukebox ft. Singing Sad Clown Puddles - As Performed On America's Got Talent-t9ilBHkH9Io.webm"

wew meant -pass 2 for the second command.

>posting that shitty version where Kyasuka looks like she was dropped on her head repeatedly

you just had to activate my dick, did you...?

fuck

>9.5MB
How is this a successful conversion?

That looks great, thank you. Gave it 320kbps because I wanted to focus on audio. Probably unnecessary.
Will try this now
youtube.com/watch?v=aVevvbFNKiY

It's for KC there is a 10mb limit.

I wasn't sure what percentage overhead there would be so I picked lower video bitrate, could've probably used 330kbps instead of 310kbps. Wouldn't make a lot of difference though.

You can push it slightly further by using "-deadline best" or "-quality best" but the encoding speed will drop considerably.

The more motion it has, the higher the bit rate will be. VP8 is really terrible at hitting target bit rates too. You can set max bit rate with min/max quantifier and do 2-pass VBR. If your video has audio, mono channel at 32kbps is the lowest bit rate allowable by vorbis. It will sound like ass for music, but for speech it will be fine. If all else fails, lower the resolution size.

4 minutes = 60 secs * 4 = 240 seconds

4 MB is 4000 KB is 4 KB * 1000 is (8 kilobits* 4 * 1000) is 32000 kilobits is 32 megabit.

32 000 kilobit / 240 seconds = 133 kilobit per second

So you'll have to make a video with bit rate average nomore than 133 kilobit.

What's the argument for changing audio bitrate?

To give more bitrate to the video stream. I think high enough resolution is pretty important when the embedded player can't be scaled, like on Sup Forums. So with higher bitrate higher resolutions can be kept to present the content the content better.

This is VP8 we're talking about. It's going to do what it's going to do. He could try doing two pass with this. If it thinks the bitrate is too low, it wont matter how low a value you use.
-b:v 128k -qmin 0 -qmax 50 -maxrate 256k

ffmpeg says
Output file is empty, nothing was encoded

2nd pass

Yeah right, you wrote it. Looks good so far and converting is faster than webm for retards but the webm has no sound:

ffmpeg -i a.mp4 -pass 2 -vcodec libvpx -vf fps=20,scale=512x288 -g 200 -acodec libvorbis -b:a 96k -b:v 310k b.webm

I use this
find ./ -regex '.*mp4\|.*mkv\|.*wmv\|.*gif\|.*avi' -exec bash -c 'ffmpeg -loglevel panic -i "$0" -n -an -sn -c:v libvpx -f webm -b:v 500K -bufsize 1000k -vf scale=-1:360 -preset ultrafast -qcomp 1 -crf 28 -quality good -auto-alt-ref 0 -qmin 10 -qmax 42 -movflags +faststart -fs 1.9M "${0%%.mp4}.webm"' {} \;

I'm not the guy who wrote that, but I always use
-an in the first pass. This tells ffmpeg not to do anything with audio. Use this in the second pass. -ac 1 tells it to encode mono.
-codec:a libvorbis -ac 1 -b:a 32k

No? Not him, but that's pretty doable with a 480p video while still looking better than a 70% compressed JPG.

>not using hooli app

The best way to do this without destroying quality too much is to play with the CRF value in ffmpeg. I recommend starting with a value of 16 and then increase it after each test encode. The higher the value, the smaller the overall file size will be at the cost of reduced quality.

Here's a .BAT, hopefully it works.

code]for %%f IN (*.mkv) do (
ffmpeg -i "%%~nf.mkv" -an -c:v libvpx -crf 16 -b:v 0 -quality good "%%~nf.webm"
)[/code]

28 is a good trade of between size and quality

It's the easiest way. Not the best way.

OP might have to go a little higher though. VP9?8 has to make due with an average bitrate of like 128kbps.

2-pass VBR on VP8 is hard to do and the commands to do it recently changed so I stopped trying. If you know how to do it then enlighten us.

I'm confused right now. Could you provide a complete command? Never worked with ffmpeg before so it seems a bit cryptic.
Tried this and it still doesn't have audio:

ffmpeg -i a.mp4 -pass 2 -vcodec libvpx -vf fps=20,scale=512x288 -codec:a libvorbis -ac 1 -b:a 32k -b:v 310k 10.webm

Ahhh stop the presses. Youtube-dlg downloaded without any audio. Sorry brb

That's why I said CRF was the easiest. 2-pass will always get better results.
Genius put 1 pass twice instead of 2 pass.

>ffmpeg -i "IN.mp4" -vcodec libvpx -b:v xxxk -an -pass 1
>ffmpeg -i "IN.mp4" -vcodec libvpx -b:v xxxk -acodec libvorbis -b:a xxk -pass 2
Like this.

Thanks all works good now. Ffmpeg is easier to use than I thought and the results are better than these from webm for retards or xmedia recode. Btw I recommend youtube-dlg to everyone but chose the right audio setting. Seems downloading from YT isn't easy with browser anymore.

webmshare.com/6rZa1
webmshare.com/WWyDD

It helps when you group settings together.
>ffmpeg (time options) (input) (video filters) (video codec and options) (audio codec and options) (output)
Once you begin mixing and matching, not only does it become a clusterfuck, options might not even be passed at all.

For a 4 minutes video a small calculation suggests a bitrate of 140kbps, downscale to a 480p resolution and turn down the bitrate to around 100kbps for the video and 40kbps for audio, it will be shit but you'll have a recognizable signal, I've done worse for improvised professional Facebook streams

Okay

Btw OP this webm webmshare.com/5xowL is nearly 9 minutes long, has sound and the quality is acceptable. It will work in some way.

once gook moot add vp9

c - cute

Yes
She also gets violently raped
#triggerwarning
:^)

It's from the newer Berserk movies.

I think one is on netflix

STOP.

I have a clingy little sister who still hangs out with me even though she's in middle school. This is making me very uncomfortable.

Embrace the loli. E M B R A C E I T

Fuck man, I don't even know why I even started watching the show. I stopped watching it because how uncomfortable it made me feel.

I feel like I want to go into a permanent comma if I even attempt to think lewd thoughts about my lil sis.

300 seconds is supposed to be the limit. I usually have to do 298 seconds for Sup Forums to accept it though.

crf unless coupled with rate limiting is useless for filesize limited situations, like Sup Forums, I'm not sure if that works with VP8. 2 pass is more reliable.

As you can see removing chroma information helps to encode at higher quality. If I were doing an encoder wrapper I would add a black & white filter for extreme situations.

watch the show with her.