User, why do you use a GNU/Linux distribution?

user, why do you use a GNU/Linux distribution?
>Because I care about my privacy
Don't you know that there is hardware-level malware embedded into your proprietary components?
>W-well... I mean...
You do know that these backdoors provide the CIA and NSA access to your machine at all times, right? Moreover, your router is certainly backdoored as well.
>FUCK YOU AT LEAST ITS NOT MICROSOFT AND GOOGLE SPYING ON ME
Does your ISP use Linux as well? Are their routers manufactured internally? They are probably running Windows so Microsoft is still spying on you.

So again user, why do you use a GNU/Linux distribution?

Other urls found in this thread:

eteknix.com/expert-says-nsa-have-backdoors-built-into-intel-and-amd-processors/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because it is the OS I wish to use.

>Does your ISP use Linux as well?

Why would I let my ISP know any more than what VPN I use?

Because Windows 10 is objectively inferior as a daily OS.

do your vpn provider use windows?

>why do you use a GNU/Linux distribution?
It's the OS I know how to use and have been using for almost two decades.

>Don't you know that there is hardware-level malware embedded into your proprietary components?
No, hardware level binary blobs are embedded in my proprietary components. There is no evidence to suggest they are currently malicious in any way.

>You do know that these backdoors provide the CIA and NSA access to your machine at all times, right?
No, because they don't. We have had mountains of NSA & CIA documents handed out to us and there is absolutely no evidence that they have any ME or PSP exploits and the amount of effort they're pouring into other exploits suggests there is no silver bullet.

>Moreover, your router is certainly backdoored as well.
>Does your ISP use Linux as well? Are their routers manufactured internally? They are probably running Windows so Microsoft is still spying on you.
With SSL on everything worth a shit these days, this isn't a huge concern.

Yes warrantless wiretapping and unauditable hardware is a serious security concern. No it isn't going to be helped by you making shit up and posting it on here to scare people.

Not if they're making a profit of any kind.

If you aren't incompetent it really doesn't matter.

Trying my best to be always on VPN but nowadays all VPNs are banned pretty much everywhere. Always get fucking captcha like I would if I'd use TOR

My distro/DE of choice functions better than any version of Windows I've used.

That's why I use it.

>scare people
I said it, Sup Forums is now Sup Forums+Sup Forums+Sup Forums.

Because even though I can't avoid being spied on, I like to support projects that at least try.
I have nothing to hide, anyway.

If a website is requesting sensitive info but doesn't let you use a VPN it's not worth using

>There is no evidence to suggest they are currently malicious in any way.
>what is intel's amt
I kinda doubt a hdd firmware can open a socket, but wifi drivers and chips are beyond fishy.

I literally mentioned the Intel ME in my post. The fact of the matter is, there is no evidence of active exploitation of it, especially not my US security services.

>ISP
>Windows
Actually ISPs were among the first in the Linux adaptation. After the cloud kicked in they gone even further.

No.

>user, why do you use a GNU/Linux distribution?

control over my os the linux file system is pretty cool too.

>no evidence of active exploitation of it
The web frontend is no brainer to exploit. You can find examples on the youtube.

Interestingly enough, nobody's complaining about NVIDIA suddenly installing telemetry that gathers personal information into their latest drivers. Haven't seen a single thread about it.

What is her endgame?

How did we let this happen.

>judy

I use GNU/Linux because it's popular and has better support for software I need to use. Otherwise I would go full BSD.

because it's free
it does the job good enough
the continuous barrage of meaningless tasks for ricing my OS makes my autism feel good

now, fuck off win/macfag

Go away Sup Forums, I know it's you.

wasn't that like a year ago? I remember people complaint about it, and a lot of ayymd fags with the usual nvidia-is-doomed threads making fun of it.

I mean even Sup Forums blocks me because other anons post fucking CP on VPNs IPs...

Yeah and even that was limited to an incredibly specific subset of machines.

because it does everything I need it to do without issue

I've been using GNU/Linux as my everyday OS for almost 10 years now, it's what I'm used to. My desktop runs Windows 7 for games and some business / trading software and I hate using it... Right now it's having an issue where some critical updates keep failing to install (including the one that patches the WannaCry vulnerability) and I have no idea how to fix it.

see pic related my man

Ugh, that's more convoluted and time consuming than anything that happens in Linux when an update "breaks something". I thought Windows was supposed to be a normie operating system that "just works"....

You took a couple wrong turns there.

>user, why do you use a GNU/Linux distribution?
Because I care about my privacy
>Don't you know that there is hardware-level malware embedded into your proprietary components?
Yes. However these are not active at all times, like telemetry in Windows 10.
>You do know that these backdoors provide the CIA and NSA access to your machine at all times, right? Moreover, your router is certainly backdoored as well.
They'd have to target me specifically. Also, tell me more about how FreeBSD (which pfSense is based on) has backdoors.
>Does your ISP use Linux as well? Are their routers manufactured internally? They are probably running Windows so Microsoft is still spying on you.
Once it's left my network it's fair game to anyone. It's the internet after all.

> free
> fast
> convenient for my needs (deploying different development environments quickly and easily)
> customizable

who is this semen demon?

Updates broke on me when I tried to block all the windows 10 garbage, so I guess it was at least a little my fault but still garbage. Installing those four manually and restarting after each fixed updates for me tho, ymmv

Well it installed all the updates just fine until the Feb, March, and April cumulative security updates (at least I think that's what they're called) and it refuses to install those. It even installed a whole host of other updates at the same time as those failed and now I can't get them to install individually. I have all other updates besides the optional ones installed.

My wife.

You may have to turn off the update service while manually installing those four, then turn it back on once their all completed. And restart after every one. Pain in the ass

Am I the only one who wants to fuck the rabbit?

This movie was great bit I fear it's gonna Kickstart another generation of fur fags

>buying that specific hardware
>doing all your computing in the cloud

Alright, I'll give it a go.

I really need to do a backup of that computer.. I've got a bunch of stuff on there that would be hard / impossible to replace if it got wiped out via a hard drive failure or malware.

How do i avoid being spied on?
Is there any CPU's and keyboards being used that do not utilize backdoors?
Any OS that ensures user privacy?

Yeah the ones that have no way of connecting to the internet

I would want to as well if it weren't for my autism:
see, autism prevents me from feeling sexually attracted to people (or characters) i know, that's why i always hire a hooker.

Now the real question: why are you not using Ubuntu?

I said. Fucking furries should go back to their designated shit boards.

>Why do you use GNU/Linux?
For developing C programs (and any other languages as they're supported)
>Hardware level malware
You can consider it malware, but unless companies release detailed specification on how to use said "malware" in the hardware, don't bother with that.
>CIA and NSA backdoors
This exists within the actual Linux kernel itself. RedHat is in ties with the US military, and so on and so forth. The US military develops the Linux kernel, by extension, the NSA and CIA as well. (To varying degrees)
>Does your isp use Linux?

If I can hazard a guess, they'd either be using BSD or some brand of UNIX if anything. I doubt Windows has the capability for hosting insane loads of packet/stream traffic to that degree.

To conclude, I use memenix as a development workstation. Vim is my IDE.

What's the matter, never had your cock teased by a bunny before?

damn u user. fucking me up.
there is no doubt that movie reinvigorated my furry fuck self

post all the fur shit you like as long as you are relevant to the topic at hand.
>Why do you use linux?
if you don't want to talk about that then talk about something else related to technolo/g/y.

If you won't talk about tech or tagjeet then kindly fuck off.

I only have one computer and very little time to fuck around by learning how to set up a distro.

>boards
We only get a thread on Sup Forums if we're lucky.

What is this, a picture for ants?

For an unknown reason whenever i save an image and restart my computer random images will have been shrinked in resolution.

Learn to deal with it fag.

>No, hardware level binary blobs are embedded in my proprietary components. There is no evidence to suggest they are currently malicious in any way.

LOL

eteknix.com/expert-says-nsa-have-backdoors-built-into-intel-and-amd-processors/

Your OS doesn't matter if your hardware is compromised.

Typical lincuck

Sup Forums is far superior. Besides the anti-Semitism, they don't accept pajeets, niggers, shitskins. Sup Forums is infested by pajeets.

> "experts say"
> only citation is a "silicon valley expert"
> turns out to be a businessman
> The credible "source" has been removed.

From your own article:

Edit: Jonathan Brossard personally got into contact with us to inform us that such statements made by the AFR about his opinions and research were indeed misleading and not factually accurate at all. Jonathan Brossard claims that if you read his whitepaper from the Black Hat 2012 conference, which can be found here, it will give a totally different understanding of what he was actually saying as opposed to what the AFR interpreted him as saying. We would like to apologise for passing information onto you from the AFR that was factually inaccurate.

> LOL
I agree

>GNU/Linux
Your failure to correctly refer to the Linux operating system invalidates your entire proposal.