I need a new gaming monitor. Recommendations?

I need a new gaming monitor. Recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

tftcentral.co.uk/articles/input_lag.htm
amazon.com/MSI-Monitor-non-Glare-Optix-G27C/dp/B01N5RD30P/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1496782810&sr=1-1&keywords=msi monitor
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OMP887G/
pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-s2415h/
amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-U2414H-Screen-Monitor/dp/B01BIXP7D2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1496791467&sr=8-4&keywords=u2415&th=1
amazon.com/VIVO-Monitor-Adjustable-Articulating-STAND-V001/dp/B00B21TLQU/ref=sr_1_36?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1496791517&sr=1-36&keywords=monitor stand
samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/curved/lc27fg70fqnxza-lc27fg70fqnxza/
amazon.com/dp/B01N31BVUM/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IFRJR339COLD1&colid=3JX87CU8XQLK1
amazon.co.uk/PB328Q-32-inch-Professional-Monitor-Dual-DVI/dp/B00VEAHQZC/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
amazon.com/ViewSync-VSM240R-24-Inch-Monitor-1920x1080/dp/B01G6V09VQ/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1496796087&sr=1-6&keywords=gaming monitor&refinements=p_36:-25000,p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin:5779382011
microcenter.com/product/478859/XF270HU_27_WQHD_LED_Display_Monitor_w-_FreeSync
youtube.com/watch?v=l2AGMFXAx90
youtube.com/watch?v=_njnZU4-VAY
lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27UD88-W-4k-uhd-led-monitor
amazon.com/dp/B005BZNDOO/?tag=pcpapi-20
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But they don't actually talk about games there.

bump

This thread is bannable on Sup Forums.

I'm using an AOC I2481FXH sandwiched between two VA912Bs. The AOC is a good, slim monitor; and you should be able to find it at Walmart or somewhere else.

Can't tell you shit without knowing what your budget is.

Not OP, but I am looking for a 1440p 144hz monitor
I head IPS is so much better but those delays look way to long (im not sure what i used in the past besides crt)
Sub 1k please

forgot some stuff
Minimal bezel
No G-sync
Free-sync is ok, but not required

>delays

You mean response time?

Response time is a total meme, input lag is the real thing that matters and AHVA(144hz IPS)panels are amongst the least laggiest monitors out there these days.

Read this.

tftcentral.co.uk/articles/input_lag.htm

Additionally, you would have a very hard time telling the difference between a 1MS response time and a 4MS visually.

If you've got the budget for it and 144HZ is important to you, buy one of the IPS's. The ViewSonic XG2703-GS is generally considered to be the best as far as G-Sync displays go, while the Eizo FS2735 is the best Freesync display. The Eizo is kinda hard to come by though.

Are there any gsync 4k monitors for around $400? I'm building my brother a PC and he's gonna use one of my 1080s, but he can't afford to get much higher than $400 for his monitor. 1080p res is out of the question.

350isg

Not possible, gsync 4k monitors are over 1k$

Nah, 4K G-Sync monitors are still crazy overpriced. Not worth the money. If he's deadset on 4K, just get a cheaper 4K monitor and wait for prices to come down.

Forgot to mention the VA option. Samsung has 1440p quantum dot VA monitors coming out this month that are pretty damn exciting. Same colors(measure better, even) than IPS with a 3000:1 contrast ratio as opposed to the 1000:1 of IPS and TN.

Also has the "1MS" meme.

If they've fixed the issues some of the previous monitors they've had(and they claim they have), that's the best Freesync monitor to get now. Think it's called the CHG70

Awkward price point. If you've got an Nvidia GPU, you're pretty much priced out of G-Sync.

I do have Nvidia. How much more would I need?

Thanks guys. He's not set on 4k, he would rather get an ultrawide since he's seen mine but he can't drop $1.2k on it like I did.

Is there a downside to not getting gsync? How bad of an issue would screen tearing actually be? I suppose I could just get that part knocked out and that would open up a ton of options.

Isn't FreeSync2 only on vega?
all amd's waiting starting to catch up to me

Like $50 for a 24 inch 1080p TN. Can't recommend those types of displays in good conscious because I think they're terrible, but they're available to you if you don't care about having nice colors.

$700 is the starting point for something pretty good.

Just turn on vsync, the only downside is 60hz

There isn't cheap koreans 4k monitors for 200/300 $ or is a meme

But is that really a downside since most 4k is maxed out at 60fps anyway?

amazon.com/MSI-Monitor-non-Glare-Optix-G27C/dp/B01N5RD30P/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1496782810&sr=1-1&keywords=msi monitor

Good or bad?

They're out there, but there's not a huge price disparity like there was for 1440p IPS's back in the day. Far better off getting something that has actual support and an easy to work with warranty.

V-Sync adds input lag. The nice thing about adaptive sync technology is you get that benefit without any of the additional lag.

Not really a huge concern unless he's playing competitive games where every advantage is important, but it is worth noting. You can always just deal with the tearing as well.

Bad. You have a high likelihood pre-fix Samsung VA panel, which had some pretty serious issues with odd purple artifacting. Samsung panels with a newer manufacturing date have fixed the problem, but there's no guarantee.

It's a good panel(although 27 inches is huge for 1080p), but wait until Samsung puts out the successor later this month and buy it straight from them.

Do you know what the new version will be called? My friend kept pushing me into buying this monitor but I'm so weary about it.

CFG73, I think.

Worth noting that the Samsung monitor uses quantum dot backlighting as well, expanding the color gamut way more than the MSI.

It is a pretty good deal for a fairly nice panel, but there's just no guarantee that MSI received the new batch of panels without issues. CFG70's are still trick or treat straight from Samsung. I would bet they haven't, even.

I didn't know that, thanks. I can't imagine the lag would be worse than the tearing so I'll just have to let him know. I don't play competitive games much so I've never come across the lag portion, but I used to get screen tearing working in AutoCAD one time and it drove me insane.

Wait for HDR monitors.

How does that ugly shit look betteer

You sure trolled me!

They're already here. Dell has an HDR10 monitor with FALD out right now. Reports aren't good, bad haloing issues. I would hope that the Acer/Asus 144HZ models have that fixed, but counting on those two to fix anything seems like a bad idea.

Oh, and the entry fee is $2000. The "HDR" monitors you can get for any less are all faking it or less than the HDR spec asks for in one way or another. The LG HDR display out right now is supposed to be particularly bad.

>1000:1 contrast with 550 NIT "HDR"

It's an exciting advancement in display tech, but there's lots of snake oil and early adopter blues with it right now. $2000 is absolutely ludicrous for a monitor as well. Good on those who can afford to make that investment, but given how you can get a fucking 9 billion inch TV with a better HDR for less, it seems like there's some serious price gouging there.

I was thinking the same thing, it can't be worth it. For the price, I was honestly about to get a 75" Samsung qled tv, one of the new ones that aren't curved.

I mean, it's not a totally fair comparison to make as monitors and TVs are not the same thing. HDR never added proportionately as much to the cost of TVs as it has to monitors right now though. There's a fat margin in the $1300 markup they're asking for.

I kinda went full retard and forgot that these are the first 4K, 144hz monitors as well and not just 1440p. More justifiable, but still a lot to ask for as far as a monitor goes.

Why is it that 4k monitors are so much more expensive? Say I just wanted to game at 4K 60fps, what's the real downside to using a massive tv?

TVs use a lot of image processing and usually laggy scalers, resulting in a fair amount of input lag. My TV is rated by TV people as having "very low input lag" at like 15ms, but my monitor has an input latency figure of close to 0. It's pretty minor, but you can absolutely feel the difference. I can sit back and play console games and be comfy on my couch and not really care, but I wouldn't try anything "serious" on the TV.

The other big disadvantage is that TVs don't support RGB 4:4:4 at 4K a lot of the time. That varies, but you should make sure to do a ton of research on the specific model of TV you're looking at to make sure it supports 4:4:4. Picture ends up looking a lot worse otherwise.

So that's why I can't play a shooter on my TV through my PC without tremendous lag. No matter what settings I put it at, it's laggy as fuck. Yet consoles are fine for some reason, even if I try the same game.

I'm in great need of help, I would really appreciate it too.

So I have seen a monitor cheap, and apparently it only runs at 60 hz when you have a 'Digital Display Port 1.2' cable instead of a HDMI(I currently use HDMI).

Could someone give me a hand in checking if my EVGA 1070 FTW is compatible with a 'Digital Display Port 1.2'?

I'm pretty incompetent with this type of thing, so would really love some help.

Thanks in advance

it doesn't sorry bro

try looking at the product page...

Get any flat crt that is over 19", and can do over 1080p for gayming/movies, and use your current panel for web browsing.

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OMP887G/
Can someone tell me if this is any good?

Can personally vouch for that monitor, my brother owns it. Really nice, well built 1080p IPS. Little expensive, but he broke the HDMI port on it through his own negligence and Dell sent him a new one while the old one was in transit back to them.

Review here
pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-s2415h/

It's a little old and Dell has new glossy 1080p IPS monitors that go to 75hz now though. Think the new one is S2418H.

rubbish

You can make it go to 75hz!?
Pls elaborate

I chose that one between these because there is literally not monitors without that ugly matte screen

get this

amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-U2414H-Screen-Monitor/dp/B01BIXP7D2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1496791467&sr=8-4&keywords=u2415&th=1

and then this

amazon.com/VIVO-Monitor-Adjustable-Articulating-STAND-V001/dp/B00B21TLQU/ref=sr_1_36?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1496791517&sr=1-36&keywords=monitor stand

then OC it 75hz (I did this with mine)

and then save ur money and come back and thank me

The S2418H you can, yeah. As far as I'm aware, it's basically the same monitor as the S2415H except it has some meme fake HDR feature you shouldn't use and it can hit 75Hz.

Superior taste with the glossy preference by the way, fuck sticking a dirty sticker on your monitor.

1080 at 27" does not look awful to me, but i've only used it in a store demo. 1440 is notably better however. I am considering trying one of those 29" ultra meme monitors though.

thoughts?

ur gey

let me suck your dick

Any recommendations for ~$100 21-24 inch monitors?

I'm wary of Acer personally. too many bad experiences i guess.

If you use AMD graphics, Samsung just released the first Freesync 2 monitor. It's a 27 inch 1440p 144hz monitor with HDR10 support and a 1ms response time. It's available for $379 on the Samsung website but I haven't found it available anywhere else.
samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/curved/lc27fg70fqnxza-lc27fg70fqnxza/

It's an Acer monitor with what appears to be a mecha battle on it. Not giving us anything else to go on, model number would help.

Pick the one that looks the least shit. Nobody really reviews or pays attention to monitors that cheap. The only thing I can really say is try to get one that has a respectable manufacturer standing behind it, I guess.

That's not the 1440p version though, that's last years 1080p model. The exciting one is the CHG70,

Don't buy that monitor either, the CFH73 with the panel fixes is due out any day now.

Release date for the CHG70 is supposed to be the 10th, according to UK Amazon. Only the 32 inch model is stocked there though.

LG Ultrawide. it's fuckin comfy bro

Acer GN246HL Bbid 24-Inch 3D Gaming Display (144Hz Refresh Rate)

whats the best gaming monitor for under/around $300?
hopefully it has freesync,120hz+, with at least dvi and hdmi ports

If you really want a 144hz TN, then the XG2401 is a better option even though it's more expensive. Comes from a more reputable brand and is known to have the best image quality amongst small TN panels.

If you can wait a few weeks, the Samsung CFG73 is going to be a 1MS 144hz VA panel with much better colors and contrast, but will likely be in the $300 range.

amazon.com/dp/B01N31BVUM/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IFRJR339COLD1&colid=3JX87CU8XQLK1

Just click it, you will thank me later. Best "gaming" monitor you will find until the technology is better. You can't beat this price for what you get from it.

fuck [sync tech]

Rate of this monitor. Thinking of getting it. w DP to get 75hz
amazon.co.uk/PB328Q-32-inch-Professional-Monitor-Dual-DVI/dp/B00VEAHQZC/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

thank you user, i love you

amazon.com/ViewSync-VSM240R-24-Inch-Monitor-1920x1080/dp/B01G6V09VQ/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1496796087&sr=1-6&keywords=gaming monitor&refinements=p_36:-25000,p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin:5779382011
?

May have 3-5 dead pixels

KEK

Dead pixels are the best quality pixels.

microcenter.com/product/478859/XF270HU_27_WQHD_LED_Display_Monitor_w-_FreeSync

Good deal for a great display if you win the panel lottery(I have an XB270HU myself) but the

>Best "gaming" monitor you will find until the technology is better

Might be wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=l2AGMFXAx90
youtube.com/watch?v=_njnZU4-VAY

VA Panels with quantum dot backlighting cover a wider gamut than the AHVA panels and have three times the contrast ratio. No issues with backlight bleed or IPS glow either(VA glow is a thing, but much more minor). If I was in the market to buy another display, that's what I would try.

MG279Q.
Got one a couple weeks ago and it's perfect.

Is their any monitor with the same specs as the LG 27UD88-W, but in all matte black?
I don't like the white back, and the grey bezel and stand.

lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27UD88-W-4k-uhd-led-monitor

>USB-C
>27"
>4K
>IPS
>60Hz
>5ms response time (or lower)
>pivot, swivel and tilt

ASUS VG248QE

cheap and perfect for overwatch and csgo

bump

>>This thread is bannable on Sup Forums.

I doubt the children and man-children of that place you give any good advice.

The only way you could get them to even understand is by making waifu versions of the different monitors and pick BEST MONITOR.

Recently got a Dell S2716DG, mixed feeling about 1440p, a lot of anime I watch the flaws are easier to see, monitor doesn't have a scale button like my old one for 4:3 if I need it on the fly, and if I turn of the monitor it disconnects it from the computer, it's been a weird adjustment but it is pretty nice otherwise.

Looking to get a new monitor myself. Don't care for 144hz, and I want something 1080p that's good for the price. So I found this one and what do you think?

amazon.com/dp/B005BZNDOO/?tag=pcpapi-20

>ASUS VS228H-P

is there a 144hz 1080p monitor? if there is whats the best bang for buck?