Name a better computer with features as this one?

Name a better computer with features as this one?

>Protip:
You can't

Other urls found in this thread:

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1088825-REG/apple_s3140ll_a_3_year_applecare_for_imac.html
twitter.com/Ashthorp/status/820046486494846977
rawandrendered.com/Octane-Render-Hepta-GPU-Build
mattfrodsham.com/octane/2015/4/10/4xgpu-pc
yambo.me/blog/2016/4/4/watercooled-4x-980ti-octane-render-workstation-black
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My Computer?
Doesn't have as many cores, yet, but otherwise it's superior.

Threadripper is gonna make it a breast though.

Specs?

Also do you have LGBT lights in it?

Well my computer exists for starters

>Name a better computer with features as this one?
Any computer built with better specs?

Try to beat this computer with the same specs and price.

Post it now. You know you can't.

I'm seriously pissed they're using a 5 year old design. otherwise, this seems like a godly computer

Seems alright to me. They updated the thermals.

This is probably just to make way for next year's modular Mac Pro.

Dell Precision series, or pretty much any workstation from any other manufacturer. Less expensive, easier to work on and better warranties/support.

4tb of nvme? Probably 2 drives.

Xeon socket? Cool. Enjoy your thermal throttling.

No NVidia or cuda cores? You just pissed off a good portion of your PRO market.

No way to upgrade? No way to install PCIE interface equipment commonly used in audio/video editing? Great. I guess we will just wait for all those companies to catch up with thunderbolt3 support for their SDIHQ interface gear.

This entire shitpost was made ... on a mac. Maxed out macbook pro 15.

I fucking hate Apple for what they do to the pro community and I fucking hate the fact that I'm professionally married to this environment.

>Name a better computer with features as this one?
my pc is Upgradeable.
fuck this "pro" shit toy-computer

Why the fuck they didn't move to a Naples based solution?
We are literally in the heat of Netburst 2.0, that shit will be melting with a medium load.

yeah but still looks dated as fuck. they could have thinned the bezels and remove the chin. hell give me a bigger/wider screen option

I've always thought numpad should be to the left, that way I can input measurements without taking my hand off the mouse.

>a socket change a years keeps the goyim in fear

Ok I want you to set up a spec for spec and post a screenshot here.

Also Apple has the best warranty — and an extra 2 years (3 years total) with Apple Care costs only $99.

>Also Apple has the best warranty

does it have laptop specs and throttle to 800MHz while advertised otherwise?

Dell Precision takes two minutes to fucking boot

They're a joke, "enterprise" hardware is complete shit

This dude is the real critique.

A 2012 mac pro

>still on OpenGL 4.1

No one uses OpenGL my nigga.

Metal, Vulkan, DX12 are the future.

Umm.. any desktop computer??

Considering you can upgrade or replace anything faulty on a tower with relative ease and it's not going to cost a fucking second mortgage...

If you need additional USB ports, NO PROBLEM..

If you need another internal HDD... NO PROBLEM...

Besides, my i7 4790k with 16gb DDR3 and a GTX 970 has held strong and does everything I want it to do...

OK build me a workstation grade computer and match the 4,999 mark in OPs computer?

You can't.

99 dollars maybe for the fucking ipod, sure as fuck not for their mac line

>dx 12
>vulkan
>metal

I see only memes.

>it's a "whatever sucks on nvidia is a meme" post

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1088825-REG/apple_s3140ll_a_3_year_applecare_for_imac.html

You just got ass fucked.

Now Appleogize.

Right now you can't, but within a year you will, and the iMac Pro will keep costing the same for many years to come, even when it's completely deprecated (see: Mac Pro)

>within a year you will

Thought so. You just got assblasted.

Also Apple apologized for the Trash Pro. I'm sure they'll do yearly bumps.

Also Xeons don't get updated that often.

Surface Studio.

my computer is better

its funny, when their new mac pro came out it was already 2 years out of date in terms of parts, memory and GPU

I doubt it unless you’re loaded

Strongly disagree. Best servers ever run. 20 years using Clones, Dell, IBM, Compaq and HP and Dell tops them all.

>Thought so. You just got assblasted.

I wasn't the poster you quoted

>I'm sure they'll do yearly bumps.

I highly doubt it. There's no precedent for this.

>Also Xeons don't get updated that often.

They get updated enough to have made the Mac Pro outdated within its lifecycle. Add GPUs to that and it's even worse.

I almost died when i saw this Im getting this day 1 with everything maxed out, I can't wait to use Blender and zbrush without lag or bugging out

also rendering my animations wont take long with this beast

>throttles to 800mhz 2 minutes into doing anything and sets your house on fire

what do you mean?

Dell does up to 7 years, 2 hour response with software support and accidental damage if that's what you want.

Don't know the specs on the Apple, but it's Intel Xeon, same chipset, tpm, vpro. The iDRAC (remote access controllers) are really nice too but don't employ them on workstations typically.

You literally cannot. 5K 10-Bit displays alone cost upwards of a thousand bucks. Pajeets can't admit that Apple did something right for once. Not to mention its in a sick dark grey color.

Not like Apple made the panel, they just source from one of the 6 panel manufacturers on earth. Typically Samsung or LG.
Everyone does the same thing.

>best warranty
>macshit breaks
>have to make an appointment and stand in line for hours with unwashed stinking hipsters to get service
>sorry we cant fix this, would you like another one for $2000?
>no your data is all gone because the SSD is soldered to the motherboard

Apple warranty is a fucking joke.

Dell has a 4k OLED and an 8k LCD. Where's the Apple offering? Dell will also replace your screen with only 1 bad pixel or backlight bright spot. No one else I know of does this. Dell even ships you packing materials and labels for shipping. Easy peasy.

But does it come standard in an aesthetically pleasing minimally designed all-in-one? You literally cant make a PC + Monitor for the same price or under a fully maxed out iMac Pro.

>with features
What features?

The Apple is beautiful for sure. Pain to work on if you need to. Plus to upgrade means throwing the screen away.

and I hate glare type screens for working

Dell is garbage, I bought a server from them and they are all indians.

Apple is amazing they gave me brand new computer for free after it breaks. They never charge when it's in warranty and sometimes give you free shit after warranty runs out.

Get that Jew Dell outta here pajeet.

You likely wouldn't need to upgrade for a while if you had a fully maxed out imac pro. Sure there's going to be faster things in the future but I dont think anyone at this point is going to complain about things being "not fast enough" anymore.

Pro support is US based, same with XPS and Precision last I checked.

>t. Neckbeard

At this point its become
Windows = Pajeets
Mac = Smart Americans
Linux = Autists

>buy le high quality business 7710 Dell shitbook
>it came with some nobrand Chinese liteon SSD that shat itself the first time I filled it up to 95%
Why the fuck wouldn't they go with Samsung? Try to save fucking 20 dollars on a 3k dollar laptop, fucking retards.

No it's not. I had a Precision (A higher end one to boot) and they were indians. It took multiple phone calls to get the issue resolved.

Maybe I have to suck some dick to get better support, but Dell can go fuck themselves. That shits for server rooms, not for personal use.

Is 99% of Sup Forums a bunch of IT fags?

But you can't add a video card, limited RAM slots, no internal PCIe for say an audio card or new NIC, whatever. Plus you need suction cups to remove the panel glass to get at the. hard drive.
Its perfect for mom and dad who use a computer but don't love computers. Beautiful but limited at the same time.

Sounds about right.

Apple Support is in the United States. Apple R&D is in California. They only assemble in China.

Dell just cuts corners and does whatever is cheaper. Also they use Winshit kek

>internal PCIe

That's been debunked.

It has TB3 and officially supports external PCIe enclosures....so have fun with that rare soundcard from 2008.

How the fuck is a 18 core beast with 10GbE, 5k monitor, 11Tflop Vega, upto 128GB ECC RAM, 3GB/s SSD limited? Are you fucking this retarded?

>I fucking hate the fact that I'm professionally married to this environment
You're not though, most high end creative pros use a Mac laptop for admin and browsing then a PC workstation for the actual work

>most high end creative pros
>PC workstation for the actual work

This nigger actually thinks being a sysadmin is "creative"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I fucking hate Sup Forums

I work in the film industry. This laptop has been through hell and back.

Could have been when I called, but my tech was in Florida but I've spoken to India lots too. For me personally, I usually know whats wrong we have a conversation for a few minutes and they ship the part and/or tech if I'm lazy.
Basic support sometimes they make me run diagnostics first.
You have to find the preferred number and not use the general line, could be your issue. XPS has one as do Pro support warranties.

I'm an IT fag. Can't think of anything else I'd rather do but looking if anything came up with better pay and less hours. City road crew looks good. I want to be the guy who leans on the shovel.

You can order higher end machines with Linux.
Everyone manufactures in China now. Everyone uses Foxconn parts too.

Because it is what it is and can't be anything more.
What if I wanted to drop a 40GbE or 100GbE card in? Add a PCIe SSD like the DC P3608?
What if 5 years from now I want faster video or an 8k display?
What happens when I upgrade and just throw all that soldered shit and screen away and get to buy it gain and again for no reason?

>ahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Meanwhile in the real world:
twitter.com/Ashthorp/status/820046486494846977
rawandrendered.com/Octane-Render-Hepta-GPU-Build
mattfrodsham.com/octane/2015/4/10/4xgpu-pc
yambo.me/blog/2016/4/4/watercooled-4x-980ti-octane-render-workstation-black

>Wanting to add obscure garbage
This is clearly not made for your fat ass. It's for the creative market (ie Editorial post houses, music production, 3d artists)....you know, people who are creative.

Also it literally has 4xTB3 ports (2 controllers) and each one does 10GB/s. You can add external PCIe cards or fast SSDs.

5 years from now things will change and you need to upgrade.

Usually production houses lease these things for 2-3 years. This is clearly not for your fat ass.

You're right. Most 3d people I know got the fuck away from apple long ago and build 10,000 dollar workstations. Good on them, but the support for what people ask for like dual CPU and multi gpu can get weird with certain programs.

As for the audio industry, EVERYTHING is optimized for apple.

>Posting 3d memes

3d people don't use Macs. They're usually on Maya on PCs.

Macs are for: Editing, compositing, music production, color correction, etc.

3d junkies need to stay away from Macs as CUDA is much more important for them especially for Octane related work.

TB3 isn't as fast. A computer is a computer. I happen to like them, work on them and upgrade them too when I can. I also like having a nice monitor and don't feel the need to replace it because the rest of the machine needs an upgrade.
All in one's suck.

TB3 is literally a direct PCIe connection on the outside, albeit somewhere between 4x and 8x PCIe 2.0

What do you do anyway? Are you a faggy sysadmin who doesn't have a girlfriend?

Is that how much that thing is worth? Build a 4 GPU rack mount server for that.

Virtual reality gets real.

Managed services

That's not a computer, that's a Mac.

wow it's so aesthetic. I want one just for the looks, performance doesnt matter when everything's distributed anyway

If you run it hard, how does it manage to cool itself?

dual jet engines and thermal throttling

threadripper with a titan xp or vega will demolish that thing, also it'll almost certainly throttle due the retarded compact design

Yep, you're a neckbeard.

Any hackintosh
Ever.

Vulkan has a pretty reasonable chance of becoming the standard. Being cross-platform gives a significant advantage over cuck-12.

all in one is an absolutely fucking retarded idea for a workstation for all the incredibly obvious reasons that applel doesn't care about because "muh appleduzitagain™ aesthetics™ revolutionary™ justwerx™ magic™ retina™ in gorgeous™ space™ grey™"

>Metal
No way will this shit get any traction outside iOS

Steam?
Unreal is porting their engine for SteamVR to macOS.

That's better than Loonix.

But can I be a manchild and play my games on it

I don't like throwing money away

Well your mom did when she had you.

Might be better than Linux but I don't know how anyone can say with a straight face that a company like Apple which barely sells any machines with more than Intel Iris is in any position to be writing its own OpenGL/Vulkan/DX competitor.

Would feel much better about this situation if they were taking Vulkan onboard

surface workstation is much more innovative

You do know that iOS has like a 49% market share right? And it uses Metal.

On the Mac side, since it's only about 13% marketshare compared to Winshit, obviously it won't make a big impact.

However, from what I've seen, Vulkan API can easily be transferred over to Metal.

>LGBT lights
u wot m8

>You do know that iOS has like a 49% market share right? And it uses Metal.
we're talking about computers and professional work here sweetie not facebook machines

Doesn't matter, you talked about marketshare, shnookums.

keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

The lights that turn into a rainbow, obviously.

>t.redditor

>LGBT lights
Kek, lost.

>t. still on Dialup and lives with his mom