Controllers

Hello, Sup Forums
Today, my ps3 controller(s) died on me. They won't charge up. My xbox one controller goes apeshit whenever it want to.

So. this thread is dedicated to the wonderful technology we all use to game.

>Favorite controller?
(Personally, I love the gamecube controller, but I'd pick the sixaxis over anything.)
>What controller would you recommend?
>Worst controller you've used? (pic related)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit
ebay.com/p/Hori-Dragon-Quest-Slime-UHP2-158-Gamepad/102375379
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wii U Pro with mayflash dongle
It's my preference at this point, though I'm a fan of the daulshock 4, as well

Logitech f310

Cheap and works great with nba 2k17 which is really all i play with a controller

Hm, interesting. How does the Wii U Pro 'feels' in your hands? Is it too big? Small? The reason why I like the play station dual shock is that it's symmetrical, and the buttons are on top, instead of under the joysticks.

Hm, does the logitech f3150 has triggers? It looks ugly, but I'm sure it's functional.

>no analog triggers

Fucking stupid

I'm still using a 2007 PS3 Dualshock 3 controller with the original USB cable.

Controllers ARE a type of technology, dipshit.

my favorite is playstation dualshock. currently rocking the cheap f310 by logitech, only use it for classic emulators on pc. f310 has good enough buttons and d pad. can't speak for the analog sticks

So are video games.

I'd just toss new batteries in the DS3s, they're by far my favourite controllers.

My Playstation Move controller is having problems keeping a charge. Can only go a couple rounds in Time Crisis. Granted that's all I play at one time but it still sucks.

When I was younger, PS2 controller hands down... Easy to access the buttons, and I grew up on PS system... When I started getting a little older and hands started getting bigger, I tried the 360 controller and loved it after a few months. I don't play on console anymore, but a few pc games, and 360 controller is cheap, and comfortable.

I got to hold an xbone controller and that one is super comfortable

DS controllers are fine for adult hands, you just need to know how to hold them. You don't grip the shit out of them like Xbox controllers, they rest on your fingers.

Fuck you, n64 controller is the best

Got 3 of these for $25 a piece at microcenter when they were mass selling a lot of stuff. MS branded 360 controller with MS branded wireless adapter for it. Works in every single game and Windows 10 even had the drivers for it by default. 2 AA batteries keep this controller good for months.

>Wii U Pro
This.

>AA batteries
Ew.

If drivers wasn't a gigantic dick(directinput -> xinput), i think i would use a good Gravis Gamepad. Or something else with a decent dpad

When things like that die on me, it's usually cuz the damn cord broke. Strip the cord where the circuit broke (usually right where it connects into the controller) reconnect whatever wires broke and cover it with duct tape. If you don't have solder to fix the wires I just crumble them back together with my fingers then cover them in hot glue. Some of my stuff still works like this

The D-Pad may be nice, but the positioning of those face buttons looks like ass.

Face button quality is at the leat somewhat high

Holy fuck, that controller bought me so many memories playing jazz jackrabbit.

Don't forget about driving/flight/space simulation controllers, guys!

I used a Saitek p990 for a long time. It was great, though its analog sticks were mediocre at best. Dualshock 4 is where it's at now; they finally made a controller that doesn't require lobster hands to use.

The F310 is the best PC controller to buy

get a proper joystick setup

Looks solid. I like the D-Pad.

Forgot pic.

The era before everything became PS2 controllers was amazing. Shame those are the days of yore.

What's the big deal with F310? Mind enlighten the rest of the board on that?

When my DS3's USB port died I got a DS4. Fantastic controller. A bit bigger, but the buttons are nicer and the sticks feel more sensitive. Also, FAR superior directional pad. Touch pad is kind of weird, but macros for it make it nice.
The 360 pad is garbage and One's barely an improvement.
I'd like to try the Switch Pro Controller - looks pretty comfortable, even if it's bigger.

>Favorite controller?
Xbox One Elite.

>What controller would you recommend?
An ordinary Xbox One (S) controller. Elite if you happen to come by one at a discount, but it is not at all worth its full retail price.

>Worst controller you've used?
Dualshock 3. Worst fucking triggers ever, and (subjectively) shitty layout.

Its a worse F510, but F510 went out of production extremely early.

ayyyyyyy lmao you actually bought that fucking piece of shit? Holy FUCK you're dumb.

is it possible to use a wireless DS3 by connecting the charging USB cable to your PC? does the cable also transmit input? (no bluetooth on my pc)

i always thought it was impossible and would only work for input through bluetooth but you guy's posts are implying otherwise

I think both DS3 and DS4 works on PC, you might need some more stuff for DS3
then you need something like DSTool to convert the input to that xbox input

Yep works fine without Bluetooth. You need third-party drivers to actually make it work.
MotionJoy and DSTool are shit and have built-in ads, I would highly recommend ScpToolkit github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit
Like said they convert the input to Xbox controller input so it will work with any game that supports Xbox controllers.

>Worst fucking triggers ever
They were more like paddles but they weren't as satisfying to use.
I remember them being a little bit better to manage that analogue control though.

I'd still have to say I like the 360 controller a lot more. I didn't even own a 360

You want one device right?
Too small?

this
only underages hate it

i wouldn't go that far
but it was the best at the time, before the dual shock came out
then they made the gamecube controller, which is goat

DS4 is best controller ever made. X360 is second place.

Worst I have used is DS3 btw. Super floppy analog sticks, cheapest plastic case ever and way too small for adults.

Oh I member the days when I was 12 and got PS2 with Battlefront 2 and how I'd go into turrets and shoot just so my controller would rumble and I'd press it against my dick and masturbate with it.

The face buttons are a bit cramped, but it's the only controller I've found with both 6 face buttons and 4 shoulder buttons.

In spite of missing a few buttons compared to the de-facto standard Xbox 360, pic related is comfy as fuck.

it looks weird and small, but deceptively so.
top tier controller you have to use to understand

Its alright. Lots of fancy early 3D controllers.

Xbox one takes it for me. Most comfortable controller I've felt.

*leans into mic* Wrong
They would need a lifetime replacement plan to even be passable.

stop

And objectively the only good thing to come out of this cancerous console gen.

>hating the N64 controller
Grow another hand you fucking mongrel.

There seems to be a lot of handlets in this topic.

Its not as much that, as that third party controllers is a gigantic gamble. And most of them don't deviate far anymore.

>videogames
OK I know that /g it's full of kids

>/g
OK I know that 4ch it's full of reddit

>Saitek p990
I used the Saitek P2500 controller too but broke the d-pad when playing Tekken Revolution (PS3). I managed to glue it back on but the cable seem like its worn down. It disconnects randomly if I move the cable. Right now I use two Xbox one controllers I got for about 21 USD each.

I use the Switch Pro controller.
It's natively compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS, you name it.

>clicky shoulder buttons
>analog triggers

No thanks.

Now's my chance!

10/10 comfiness level on that controller.

Its Directinput, which taints it by default.
I wouldn't mind it, if X360ce wasn't a complete fucking piece of shit, that gets more and more broken by the day.

Nevermind the clacky dpad.

>Its Directinput
That's got nothing to do with the controller, that's an OS problem. It's not the controller's fault that MS is trying to vendor-lock Windows to Xbox controllers.

Steam should ban XInput for what that.

>tfw I've found the patents for this thing
>its enough to make a 3d model of it
>I even made a cardboard mockup
>should be possible to 3d print this thing

Still a lot of work to do but I think it would be fun

Also OP sega saturn usb controller is goat for 2d

It really doesn't matter if its the controller or the OS, when you have to use the OS in the first place.

>those triggers

If only it had two z triggers to, why the fuck did nintento think one was fine

The N64 controller had two bumpers and a Z trigger. If you look at the buttons the GCN controller is in a very real sense just a second gen N64 controller. But I agree. A left bumper and clickable analog sticks would make it a whole new ball game.

What the fuck man your average $10 China crap is better than this. DS4 is king of all Generationen.

What's that model?

Here's another one, the Saitek P2600 Rumble. There's also a wireless version without rumble (P2900) as well as a vanilla one. Unfortunately one of the triggers is stuck on mine. And the rubber is becoming disgusting.

I've been searching for a good new controller with six face buttons for quite a while now.

Are there any PC gamepads that are high quality? Steam controller maybe?

Buy a DS4.

>PC
>High quality
>In the era past Playstation 2 and Xinput
No. Even something as awesome as Logitech still has shitty flawed dpad and gigantic build quality issues.

Unless Gyro becomes a standard feature, there is no reason to ever swap to a new controller.

I don't know man, the dualshock 3 is good but now that I'm almost 30 I tried replaying DMC3 the other day and the buttons are too close together to do good combos or my hands are just too fat now.
I thought of buying a Wii U Pro controller but that one is missing analog triggers which is a a no buy on my book.
DS4 look horrible I will probably go with a Xbox 360 controller next or another DS3.

somethings missing here

I use this on my PC, but it's not the best controller ever. The best was the Sega Dreamcast controller. I also liked the N64, especially due to having six buttons at front (really, why are we still stuck with four buttons? fucking brainlets), but the joystick while very acurate was also very fragile. Probably the worst controllers were the PlayStation ones, the joystic has no sensitivity at all, it's like four levels from 0 to 100 and with a huge deadzone.

Holy crap, I totally forgot I had one of these as a kid. Makes me want to play Rayman and Earthworm Jim 3D.

I honestly enjoy the Steam Controller. Not for everyone and not for every game though. (Harsh learning curve and bad for twin stick shooters)

The d-pad on that thing is godawful though. He'd be better of with and xbone pad or a DS4.

Where do I get this?

ebay.com/p/Hori-Dragon-Quest-Slime-UHP2-158-Gamepad/102375379

DualShock4 + Wireless USB dongle. The dongle is absolutely worth the money before anyone asks, it not only allows me to play on a bigger screen at a distance but it also lets you use the headphone jack on the DS4 for wireless audio.

Get the Gamesir G3S. It's godlike.

Can't you just replace it's battery? It's a lot better than just getting a new controller.

What a cute thread. Fun is over, though.
Make way for the one and only controller made for real men and robots.

I simply use my Wii U gamepad on PC through Usendmii, and I must say everything works like a charm. The only problem is it's wireless only, so it's possible there is additional input lag.

GOAT controller coming through!

What I mean it is not a negative of the controller. It's a negative of Windows.

For instance, I use it to play emulators on both Windows and Android and it works marvelously. None of them has a dependency on that Xinput abortion.

>wanting mushy analog triggers VS propped delicious tactile buttons

And no, no one cares about your racing games. Use wheel and pedals.

My hand hurts just by looking at it.

The 360 controller is bretty gud, cheap, works with everything, comfortable. Not the best in any category but overall the best balanced, is it still in production? Want to get an extra one for when mine dies

>using duct tape toaks repairs and leaving a sticky as fuck resin goo all over everything
>not using a proper electrical tape
I really hope none of you do this

>tfw used my non-ds3 ps3 controller today and it's still going strong

Beat me to it.

Can you dumb charge a DS3? Seems like it'll only charge if plugged into a computer and not just a wall wart.
You mean the Sixaxis?