/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required Viewings For Zionists:
youtube.com/watch?v=typ2pl2L47k

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p9nfVrusSMg
watchsleuth.com/seiko5finder/search/?FC[]=White&HM[]=Arabic Numerals&HM[]=Arabic-Indic Numerals&SC[]=Red
shop.hodinkee.com/collections/straps/products/honey-leather-strap
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Id like to start this thread by saying fuck replica niggers

>filename
youtu.be/p9nfVrusSMg

First for the EULIT Palma, the GOAT perlon.

yes it really is a shame that company doesn't make that band in more sizes and colors. I can only find black.

Yeah, unfortunately at the moment only the black is available in 18mm, 20mm and 22mm. For all the rest of the colors (gray, brown, royal blue and red) only 20mm is available yet.

I'm sure that will change eventually.

Where can I find a good Rolex Sub replica for under $500?

Fuck off an die, scum.

kys

lmao wagecucks

New crystal for Yobokies arrived. Sapphire domed crystal with AT coating.

Is it actually domed or does it just have that chamfer?

The top has a very minor dome, but the inside is fairly domed.

Who cares? A chip/scratch on a sub does not look out of place.

Seriously thinking about getting this Seiko pocket watch to mount on my car dashboard.

so I actually found a grill who kind of likes watches and she would like an snkn33 just like mine but I can't find one anymore. wtf, seiko?

How does /wt/ polish their watches?

Also

>you have a time.gov tab open right now

I'd buy one. Found this one too. Might pick one up after AT.

t. switzerland

Bracelets are better; however you have one of the few Rolexs that aren't boring as fuck, and the person compliments it well.

Perlon , phones autocorrect is a dick.

Just give her yours

And get yourself an SNK809

i already have an snk809 and i think I might just give her mine since she does like it and i have plenty of other watches. maybe i'm going to turn this grill into a watch nerd and then i can get her a reverso in a few years.

>gold watch
>not a retiree
>bought it for himself

All the more reason to give her the watch. As long as youu actually like her that is..

Okay, I'm going to get her a new strap for it and it'll be good as new, I'm pretty sure it's unscratched thus far from my light use.

>As long as you actually like her
I'm not handing out hypothetical years-down-the-line reversos to grills i don't like.

From left to right
>marry
>fuck
>kill

>marry fuck kill
in that order

>buy a cheapass watch
>it breaks in under a year
>more expensive to repair than replace, but I'm emotionally attached now
What's a guy to do?

Just these straps in the mail, what does /wt/ think?

So is there a day-date equivalent to the SARB line? In the old times most Seikos below GS/KS were day-date, now it's mostly date-only.

To me day-date is what make these traditionally Japanese.

no i don't, why the fuck would i

depends what "break" means. if it's the movement, just get a few tools and replace it.

T H I C C

Is there anywhere I can buy a SNKK35? What a beautiful watch. I kind of regret buying a SNK809. Any similar watches to the SNKK35 if it's not available anymore?

Don't, it usually makes the watch look worse not better, and if you aren't careful you can totally ruin a watch by polishing it.

I really dislike the two tone jubilee it came on, so I only wear it on croc or a perlon. The other DJ I am looking to buy eventually will be on a bracelet though.

Your watch looks cool on perlon. I personally never wear metal bracelets.

what shit car does not have a clock in the dash?

So should I or should I not purchase this?

It's only 60 bux, even if you hate it it's like throwing out a nice dinner at worst.

Its steel with a gold dial crown and bezel.. classy as fuck desu

Sure, go for it. The bracelet is not very good on it, but it's easy enough to replace.

So I could spend more on a seiko and I am stuck in this process of trying to decide. I can save money and have a pretty nice watch for 60 bucks... i could spend 120 and get a 4r36 based watch

that's quite a bit bigger than the blue one. and looks very different. there's more to a watch than the movement.

or do i spend 330 on a 6r15 based seiko... I just can't justify the price jumps for some reason. I know the 6r15 is better than the 7s26 but is it 270 dollars better? I feel like at 60 dollars that is an almost unbeatable deal.. really have no idea what to do at this point. Is the sarb nicer in other ways? is it worth it?

yeah that is honestly out of the running at this point. I could get an nh36 somewhere and shoe horn it into the cheaper watch according to a forum i just checked out. No idea how accurate that is?

So from my personal experience and anecdotes from others on and off /wt/ the sarb033 has great finishing for its price point backed by a great movement. The 6R15 has the best inherent accuracy of the listed, more durability (debatable), and the 50 hour power reserve is handier than you'd think. Honestly it's such a solid movement. Again though think past the movement. People buy skx007s like mad and they have 7S26s in them. Because they like the watch and its other purposes (nice diver in that case). If you want the day date function and prefer the aesthetics of the other watches and can give up on movement quality and better finishing then go for your original choices.

A SARB will have quite a lot better build quality and finishing, and its worth the price difference for that plus hacking and hindwinding on the 6r15c, in my opinion.

yes the sarb is nice than a seiko 5. the jump in price just for the movement wouldn't be worth it, but it's worth it for the whole watch.

and you'd need a different stem for the NH36 afaik.

Thank you all for your input

My watch with a no name Chinese movement has hacking, so that's not exactly a selling point.

I already asked this on /fa/
This is driving me up a wall. I am trying to buy a watch with:
>A red second hand
>White and very clean face
>Arabic numerals
>Hopefully auto mechanical
if there is a wrist watch version of this I would be so happy

I know the timex easy reader and weekender look similar, but they are quartz and apparently very loud

Build your own ...
ofrei.com

Closest Thing I can fine, but Burei are not that great and this is quartz

watchsleuth.com/seiko5finder/search/?FC[]=White&HM[]=Arabic Numerals&HM[]=Arabic-Indic Numerals&SC[]=Red

A decent selection there. Idk how clean the faces are since looking at them all is a lot of work. This site has similar search functions for other model lines as well.

Just got this... wut u think guys?

Anyone have good phone wallpaper for watches? Where do you go to get it ?

>phone wallpaper
Wut? You mean faces?

Well I mean I'd like watch themed wallpaper for my phone but a lot of the ones I see are for desktops

what res is the screen

Parnis is a good brand... but I heard that they got in trouble with copyright a few major watch companies because their watches were so similar. Chinks being chinks I guess.

OMG Chloe went too far.

Also: for $500, buy a Seiko cocktail time

>Seiko cocktail time
2 big for a dress watch

Besides pulsar, vostok, and seagull, what are some good budget watches?

Think this would look good on a seagull 1963?

shop.hodinkee.com/collections/straps/products/honey-leather-strap

>seagull 1963
You are going to spend over 500 dollars for a leather strapped Chinese watch? Also that strap comes in 22 and 20mm widths and the 1963 has an 18mm lug width.

Really depends on how big your wrists/you are.

I have the watch it was like 200$ CAD. That's like 45 USD I don't know what you're on. I want a leather strap, it doesn't matter where the watch was made it looks good on leather lmao

my SNZG15J1 is consistently losing a few minutes every few days, what do?

Hair spring probably needs to be re-burst. Take the back off and use tweezers to activate the hair spring (grab it anywhere and pull on it in either direction) this should give it some springiness back and fix your problem.

Congratulations, you're retarded.

Chinkshit/10

>Parnis is a good brand...
LMAO

Thoughts on this as a daily beater/travel watch for a grown-ass man?

God damn captcha.

Fantastic retort.

Too busy and too big. Do you REALY need a slide rule chronograph?

Nobody needs a chronograph at all these days.

I am glad you got such a good price on it because it normally sells for over 200 usd used. You are clearly trolling saying its 45 usd .. You also linked a 150 dollar leather strap that does not come in the correct size to fit on that watch. I am not sure what you don't understand about that part of the comment. if you are asking whether it would look good on a similar leather strap. i would personally go with something darker and more textured but it actually does look ok on leather.

He was specifically comparing Seiko five models using the 7s26 to the SARB you fucking retard.

witch watch is proven to attract to the most poonani?

Kill yourself

Another fine retort.

Its not put on watches as a fucking sales point its a useful feature for setting a watch.... do you even wear watches?

I actually like the size and business of it.

And the slide rule bezel is just a neat skill to master, and you can use it for just about anything.

Well no fucking shit, do you not buy things based on the features they have or don't?

don't even bother there are some terminally retarded trolls in these threads

Yeah, I'm trolling by stating fucking facts.

ok now i am actually confused; what are you trying to do here? Why do all these decent watch threads devolve into these senseless semantic arguments? Can you please fuck off to some other thread and fuck with the people there?

What I'm doing here is calling you a damned idiot.

What is wrong with parnis? They use Seagull mechanisms in their automatics so essentially you are getting cheaper seagulls.

you wouldn't by any chance own a SARB017 would you?

how is this thread even more autistic than the rest of Sup Forums

wait so you said it was not a selling point and is a selling point.. damn

>his watch has a round balance wheel
It's like /wt/ is filled with normies.

It is a autistic general inside of an already autistic board, the fuck do you think?

There are also half retarded autistic kids that post on r/Sup Forums that talk about coming to the wt threads and trolling them.

Alright who the fuck is recommending these shit watches on /csg/. I know you fuckers are trolling, but stop

>summerkiddies
Seriously, no joke. Summer is always this bad.