What's so good about thinkpads?

What's so good about thinkpads?

Cheap, Durable, Upgradeable. Just Google about it.

Well built, durable, easy to upgrade the ram or SSD, good GNU+Linux compatibility for the Freetards, and you can usually buy them for pretty cheap.

I really like my X201, hope I find a X220 for a nice price too.

When did clinical depression become a meme?

When globalists started putting fluoride in the water.

T460p reporting. Mine is newer, so it wasn't cheap. But I used a corporate code to get a fuck huge discount on mine. But yeah like everyone has said, they're reliable, easy to work on and upgrade, built like fucking tanks and can be cheap to buy. And personally I love their aesthetic as well.

cheap and replaceable

thats basically it

I have this exact machine. I like mine but I'm currently trying to sell it. I used a friends MacBook and I fucking want one so badly.

I have a W700 and one time I left it in my bed surrounded by polyester (poly doesn't breathe) so it overheated so much that it couldn't even turn itself off. I'm certain it hit +90c. I had to pull the plug and it wouldn't start after that for a few hours. I was pretty certain I killed it. Couple of hours later I turned it back on and it was fine.

There are a lot of factors, I think. Celebrity worship and consumerism have become the foremost of culture in North America and both of them are very shallow. At the same time, one of the biggest institutions that guided Americans through existential quagmires, Christianity, has fallen out of favour. Americans are disenfranchised by their own government and have no clear path to success. These feelings are probably disproportionately felt by men, too, because they're being told these days that everything they do is wrong, so they just check out. Mock MGTOW all you like, but that they exist goes to show that our system is severely broken.

I wrestled with how busted the world is and my place in it for some time, but I've decided that the world can burn for all I care, since I doubt I could make any difference-- even the do-gooders are idiots that make it worse, these days. I just want to be comfortable and contribute to the destruction as little as possible. I mean look at this guy.... he recognises that things are busted, but lacks the intellectual capacity to conduct any reasonable analysis and just blames it on fluoride.

>didn't get jobs because I'm male

Just end it

>hurr durr fluoride is good for you

Fuck off.

This

enjoy your calcified penial gland

>guided Americans through existential quagmires, Christianity, has fallen out of favour.

Reminder that this is what nietzche was afraid of and what drove him mad

3rd worlders on Sup Forums can afford them

When post-post-modernism started rearing its mentally ill head

It's not just jobs, this society in general favors women more, just look at the never ending stream of validation they get from social media. The popularity of Instagram models, for an example. The education system as well favors women, look at the numbers: men drop out at an increasing rate, women graduate at a larger rate, go to college at a larger rate. Middle management jobs are becoming more and more female dominated. It's a depressing time to be a man unless you're one of the ones at near top.

This, there's no resources for poor men - they are quite literally fucked.

That's not what I'm talking about, but you are a perfect example of the do-gooders that make things worse.

>I can never sleep properly... I wonder why that is-- OH LOOK an article saying that fluoride will ruin my sleep THAT must be it. That fucking doctor lied to me when he said sitting on my ass all day was the main problem... fucking illuminati asshat

They can buy thinkpads :^)

I'm married, pal.

That's discrimination and you know it. Enjoy being literally Hitler.

Um.. so how are the new lineup of thinkpads?

Only people I've seen venerate Thinkpads outside of neckbeards in the GNU community are Asian business students.

I'm both

>asian
>beard

ya fuckin liar

Except for the fan grill. They're fragile as hell compare to cheaper laptops.

makes you think

The ones who don't actually have depression and thinks that feeling sad occasionally means you're depressed.

IDGAF status
In some cases, I'd be glad to use it as a weapon

All of this applies to literally every business notebook.

Love when teens post twitter garbage

Well, the keyboard from the Thinkpads are usually the best.
And there's the Trackpoint for those who like.
Ultradocks are pretty neat too.

Whatever man, go ahead and buy other business notebook then.
I'd rather buy another X series.

I bought a Dell Latitude, has a dock, has a trackpoint and a good keyboard. They are all pretty much the same.

Don't call me pal, friend.

You can put libreboot on the older Thinkpads

Not an argument.

>What's so good about them ?
The utilitarian design, everything is there to serve a purpose and not to look good. Thinkpads are sturdy and durable laptops that work years after the guarantee expires(I've seen some 20 years old models still working like a charm)

They are made for people who work on laptops, basically
>indestructible
Carbon fiber instead of plastics and a magnesium alloy metal cage inside. There is no way to get a scratch or break it. Hinges are big and made from metal so you can try all you want to snap it in half, in won't work
>Tactile keyboard
Probably the best keyboard you can find on a laptop. Newer or older design they are comparable to mechanic keyboards. I started typing at least twice as fast on my thinkpad
>Upgradable
Everything on a thinkpad can be taken out, swapped and upgraded. They are made to be easy to open, on some models you don't even need screwdrivers.
>Ports
They usually come with 4-5 always on 3.0 USB ports, thunderbolt 2, HDMI, VGA, SDcard-Multicard, exchangeable CD-ROM, SIM card , two 3.5mm jacks, Dock port and many more depending on the system
+if you get a docking station you practically have a PC
>Screen
Although they have low res screens, they usually make them matte so they they don't reflect light and are harder to crack. The screen can also be pushed all the way back 180 or 360 degrees depending on the model you have
>New batteries
The new ones have batteries that can last up to 17 hours + the laptop doesn't turn off when you pull the battery out

And you can get the 2015 model for 400$ brand new, or a used older model for 50-150$

He wasn't arguing. Just telling you to go back where you belong.

Too expensive.

Depends on the thinkpad honestly. I can personally say that the t4xx and up models have durable fan grills.

When the republicans crashed the economy for the second or third time in history [Great Depression, 80s Recession as the maybe, and of course 2008 Financial Crisis],
See, that's how all this works, It's the same reason the Alt Right is a thing. People get sad when their minimum expectations for Life are blown out within years of becoming adults, especially when that happens three times in one lifetime.

>Somebody gives an answer about a question
>I don't like it so go away

literal feefees

Good for you, my experiences with Dell notebooks are not the best, so yeah, I would buy another MemePad.

To each his own I guess.

Not a lot. They're pretty neat for the "retro laptop, ooh wow I don't need an RJ45 dongle and the clit control means I don't have to move my fingers" novelty for a couple of months then you get bored and pine for your Macbook and its non-sucky trackpad.

Cheap second hand, sure, but if you consider that a laptop generally tends to be good for about 5 years before software bloat starts to strain it and you start to really wish you had the USB 4.0, 802.11kek and penile authentication that came out in 2021, getting a 4 year old machine means you're getting a year out of it before you get fed up, maybe get a job that doesn't suck, and buy something new.

5 years = 60 months

X220 cost me £300 all in last year after upgrading the panel to one that didn't suck, replacing the ageing battery and adding SSD. Already want something better. BTW a T420 or T520 would've been similar cost. Good for a year, cost £25/month.

Brand new high end Dell XPS 15 (bigger, more powerful, touchscreen, etc etc) with current 12% off promotion would be £1583. Would easily do for 5 years. Over 60 months = £26/month

No difference and that's for something really nice! Let's now look at an actual like for like comparison, X270. 5 year newer machine. Equivalent spec would be the mid range one at £1200. £20/month. Actually cheaper in the long run... (though lacking new things like UHD touchscreen would piss me off personally)