Offical guts ryzen hard edition

post guts. bonus points for amd builds. tripple points for amd cpu + gpu. for every amd build posted in here an intel user burns down their neighborhood.

Gonna update my picture soon
New crosshair bios let me get my memory to 3200, 1700x is a fucking beast

r5 1600 3.78ghz @ 1.3v + h60
32gb ddr4-2933
r9 fury nitro

>1700x is a beast
correction, ryzen is a beast*
has the 4gb vram limit hurt you in anyway?

>correction, ryzen is a beast*
You're right, should've prefaced

might get threadripper

that top exhaust fan being so close in proximity to the top front intake fan is really counterproductive. all that cool air being blasted through that top intake fan is just getting sucked straight out through the top from that top exhaust fan.

>has the 4gb vram limit hurt you in anyway?
all i do is watch 1080 anime. i havent played a game on this since ive gotten it.
the rad fan is an intake so i dont feel like its that bad.

>the rad fan is an intake so i dont feel like its that bad.
its more of the point of that top front intake fan is cooling nothing but dead space before being drawn out into your room to be recycled again. its really made redundant because of its close proximity to that top exhaust fan.

The CPU cooler isn't cutting it. Getting up to 70 °C while gaming @ 3.7 GHz.
The availability of options around where I live isn't that good though. Seems like it's going to have to be either some big bulky beige&brown Noctua or an AIO.

Make sure when you're measuring temps it isn't adding that ridiculous +20C offset to trick your fans into working harder.

>70c
Tdie or TCTL / MB CPU temperature? Reason being if its TCTL / MB CPU reading then take 20c off. As "X" sku's have a +20c offset. If its Tdie then yeah that's pretty toasty for gaming.

I'm taking the +20 °C to account. HWMonitor's maximum is saying 90 °C.

I5-3570
Gigabyte radeon 7950
Really no reason to upgrade anything

>A
Don't use hwmonitor but rather use hwinfo. Its more accurate and has much more readings.
>B
If that's correct then yeah that's pretty damn toasty for gaming.

Alright thanks, I'll try the hwinfo for a day or two, but then will probably upgrade CPU cooling if it still looks as ugly as right now.

make sure to use the beta. beta is getting all the latest fixin's for ryzen as a whole.

i7-7700k housefires
16gb meme
1060 GTX waiting for VEGA - no idea why it sags a little, nothing is pushing on it and this is not a shit mobo ASUS z270i Strix

Oh well, don't mind the gun, its there for reference. Derpy cable management, I will fix it later.

Should have bought the reliable Intel, retard

>glock 23

I like it, what's wrong with it? Plus I already have a lot of guns in 9 or 45.

I might aswell, if the rumors about a sub $1000 price is true. (which would mean that my current workstation would become my HTPC).

Or I don't know if it's smarter (read: cheaper) to upgrade my HTPC to a Ryzen 7 1700 system and divide the encoding work between them both (I encode A LOT of videos to h.265)

Clean it,don't be a retard plox

Someone buy me a new CPU

My old build, gave it to my bro, swapped the gpu out for an rx280, cpu is fx 8320

Current build
i5-6600k @ 4.1ghz
16gb G. Skill Ripjaws 5 @ 2400mhz
Gtx 980
240gb kingston hyper x savage SSD
512gb mushkin SSD
2tb WD blue HDD
Thermaltake toughpower grand 750w psu
S340 white case

I fell for the ryzen workstation meme
it's pretty good so far

Ryzen is shit at workstations
Intel beats it in photoshop and excel and office

It's been 3 months. You can stop crying now.

Yo holdup.
How do you make your fans light up?
Did you switch the fans?
I cant do that on my Nitro+ 570

Intel is shit at gayming

The fans naturally light up when you cool and underclock the GPU down enough. He's probably running at idle in that picture.

If he overclocked it and played a game they would be glowing red hot to dissipate the extra heat.

480 nitro had swappable fans, sapphire started selling led versions at some point. Probably the same with the 500 series.

>photoshop
try video encoding or anything else that is actually cpu intensive

>components that have literally never been cleaned
>i3
>stock cooler
>mATX in a mid tower

How do you take a shower without drowning, you fucking moron?

Nobody benchmarks corel painter performance. I want to find out how many threads I can feed it.

>tfw I upgraded to a 1700 with a 480
>tfw I upgraded from a 6300 with a 650ti Boost

3550 and a390x, I want to upgrade something.
Temps stay good with only intake fans?
Looks nice. How hot does that 390x get? Did it influence you to get a GB mobo?

>Changed the NH-D15's fans
Literally ricer tier built

spaghetti guts r7 1700@ 4ghz

>guts ryzen

I'm selling it guys.

Maybe I'll try again when its more matured and all the kinks have been worked out. Better steppings should be available when zen+ is out too, hopefully along with good matx boards.

Right now I'm working on the Rampage 3 + e5649 in my new (old) Yeong Yang cube case :3

Should have it running in the next few days, working a bit slow now as our comfy 5c weather got interrupted by fucking +18c HELL.

The sun is scorching our pale Norwegian skins to crispy leathery shit.

Fuck summer.

Fixed the GPU sag by just niggerrigging it...

Speaking of GPU sag, a great solution is fishing line if you have a tower, it's discreet and easy to install.

>10GbE
I'm jelly

>i3
its an i5. op states i5 3570.

18C Sounds mighty comfy right now. 27c incoming. No ac and air cooled pc.

Sold the whole setup or just the mobo/cpu?

get on my level pleb. i bask in 27c as if i was in the arctic.

>be cold weather person
>uncomfortable in anything higher than 50f
>live in LA
Gonna kill myself

I moved here from Phoenix. It was Nov 24th 2006. It was 78f at sky harbor and -32f when I got off the plane 6hours later, 110° temp delta. I lived on w.Union Hills near the sonic on 35th ave and hated the entire 7 years there except for skinny tan white girls, I miss those.
>80f feels like the surface of the sun to me now.

yuck, hide in the ac

the g1 390x is a bit on the warmer side but pretty quiet, which was my main concern.
I got the mobo because of the dual onboard nic, I'm not really that brand loyal. also it's fucking ugly, but treats me well so far

Just selling cpu/mobo, ram belonged to a friend.
The case and everything else I'll keep for current/future builds. Pic is current state of progress.

Crist. 27c, thats just no fun.
When I lived in the south of Norway a few years ago there was 30-35c for two weeks straight one summer.
I had to downclock my 939 opteron 175 from 3.2ghz to 3ghz to keep it stable.
Litterally all I did was drive around with my dad in his AC'd car and hang around in stores that had AC.

If I ever move to the US it'll have to be Maine or somewhere nice and cold. How is the nigger situation up there?

There are plenty of black folk here. Not many of the thug type you see in the u.s. metropolises though. I leave the cars unlocked at the store and the only problem I've had in 11 years is a fistfight with a drunk G.I. at a local bar and a jerry can full of gas taken out of my truck bed while at the movies. Wildlife has caused more damage and financial loss than the humans have.
Good luck with the new/old build arcticbro
Quiet is nice. my 3 heatpipexx 390x runs about 80-85c after a repaste, try for anything cooler and it's a jet fighter.

R5 1600 @ 3.75Ghz
Xfx 290
Too many led meme lights
Comfy really

I recently updated the case

Okay, guys
choices:

1700x vs 1700
B350 vs x370

each CPU is the same price with each respective motherboard using a combo sale at my local Microcenter. Power draw doesn't matter right now but it will in the long run, but as far as I know the 1700 uses far less and the 1700x can be undervolted/underclocked.

so tl;dr: same price, what do?

forgot to ask: which CPU cooler if I want to OC? Is the wraith spire good enough? if I have to buy one either way, I am definitely going with the 1700x

It depends on how quiet you want it to be.
You definitely do not need X370 unless you have future plans for dual GPU or something. 1700X will probably heat less at same frequency and probably will overclock more. So, given that you do not want anything specific for x370, go with B350 and X.

I'm using this for mining, CPU mining and possibly GPU mining in the future

there doesn't seem to be a big difference between b350 and x370 from what I can tell, although the difference in price is only $60ish, so I'm not sure

make sure it has LLC if you plan on any significant oc. Not all B350 boards have the option.

what case?

nanoxia ds2

I am definitely choosing 1700X because there definitely is difference unlike motherboards.

B350 cannot have two video cards IIRC

its the same as the 1700 and 1800x they almost all hit 4ghz.

>B350 cannot have two video cards IIRC
Can anyone confirm?

SLI no
Crossfire yes

Can it have two cards that aren't going to be ganged together like that, and will operate independently? (Like, say, if you want to cards to drive a bunch of monitors)

Yes that will work

Only current B350 that supports 8x8 xfire is the Asus Prime Plus

Got a Samsung 950 pro m2 coming to replace Intel one. Good price atleast.

What is that case?

that MSI amor is the problem not your CPU or cooler.
To fix the issue just install more fans to the top to let the heat escape.
I take it its the 1070 MSI armor, yeah that cooler is shit you should of got the generic MSI model. Oh well its not like it matters anyway.

Is it bad that i don't feel the need to upgrade?

no? if there's nothing you'll do with the extra power, why waste money?

I haven't needed to upgrade in a very long time. But I constantly want to upgrade. Even though I don't have a use for high-end hardware other than BOINC or buttcoins.

I wish I was one of those ascetic people who somehow know how to not want more stuff.

Wraith spire is alright

>if there's nothing you'll do with the extra power, why waste money?

>6700k
# My FX mobo died. didn't want some thing rated for 3.X ghz in my system.
#And because I had the money.

And yes I realise the PSU is Overkill.

Ditched my 6700kFor a 1700x, no ragrets. Same gaymen performance but I can also run whatever the fuck I want it the background, record with OBS, render shit faster, etc

Actually let me change that a little, better gaymen performance. Much smoother, thought the Ryzen smoothness was a meme but its 100% true.