>NewPipe
>LibreTorrent
>Clover
>Lesser Pad

Looking for a new media player.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLv3TTBr1W_9tppikBxAE_G6qjWdBljBHJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

are those opensource or do they come with ads?

freeware=adware

If you're a true vir/g/in then you should already know that

>Looking for a new media player.
blackplayer for music, MX player used to be pretty good for videos
I play shattered pixel dungeon all of the time. p. great, get it form f-droid.

mostly every android software i download tends to be freeware shit(full of ads). that's all amazon and 1mobilemarket offer. i fucking hate androi, but again i am an android pleb, and barely use it

>torrenting on your phone

but then again*

Oh right America, with limited Internets xd

Blackplayer Ex is really good.

>not torrenting on your mobile device
I installed a torrent client on my PSP once. It was shit but I thought it was funny.

Blackplayer ex +1 you can also check out Shuttle + or phonograph, the latter is open source.

Adaway
Dandelion
KeePassDroid
Tusky
MiXplorer
Player FM
Teamviewer

Aimp is pretty fucking good for audio

Poweramp, best music player i've tried.
As beta tester, new version has visual effects.

Equalizer, is the best i've tried too

VLC was removed from f-droid, I don't know why.

Poweramp and Black Player are still the top tier music players, but neither of them is free as in freetard.

>not torrenting on your phone

>Android
You forgot Grindr you fucking queer.

>mostly every android software i download tends to be freeware shit(full of ads). that's all amazon and 1mobilemarket offer. i fucking hate androi, but again i am an android pleb, and barely use it
I'm yet to find Android app I like. Google makes decent ones but they spy on everything I do and their apps are basically Webview wrapped into an Android app.

Everythign else asks a dozen permissions and they want every bit of your data off your phone to install some free app.

These days I don't even try any new apps because it's such a huge hassle trying to deal with all this shit.

Shit sucks.

I don't know how but Android experience has become so bad over the past 3-4 years. I have no idea what the cause for all this is.

>Clover
>Nova Launcher
>Klwp
>BlackPlayer EX
>F-Droid
>SwiftKey
>MX Player
>All in 1 gestures

are you guys retarded? F-droid contains only libre/free software so it doesn't come with ads, in fact you can block ads with dns66 from f-droid

total commander

Not Androids fault that you are a tech illiterate retard

Too bad that my normal friends don't use fucking open-source social media

How do I upvote this post? Made me lol (laugh out loud)

Newpipe
Firefox
Amaze
Calculator v4.3 from fdroid
Silence
NetGuard (for nonroot)
AFWall+ + AdAway (for root)
Yalp Store
KDE Connect

>but again i am an android pleb, and barely use it
This is obvious. Install NetGuard or DNS66 and configure it to block ads. It takes less than a minute.

Dont forget Quickpic v4.5.2

crashes all the time on nougat unfortunately

Getting pretty fucking sick of Lightning. Any better Android browser alternatives? The stock "Browser" actually performs better than Lightning for me right now.

GNU Icecat or Brave

Via browser, es explorer(pro version but I just pirate it, it has no annoying bullshit from the free version), simple gallery, OGYouTube, Neutron, wps office(modded, without network capabilities), Minuum, Nova, adaway. These are the absolute minimum for me. Other apps are SoundCloud, yandex maps, OpenVPN, WolframAlpha, bacon camera, lucky patcher, ADM(Via has nice integration with it), calculator(the open source one, that looks like from AOSP but has more functions), substratum, memowidget, diskdigger, drivedroid and ttorrent. Also magisk, but it's built-in in the ROM I use. All of this works perfectly without gapps and its replacements.

Update the Android webview then switch to Google's webview in developer options. Should work as fast as it gets. Also check out Via browser.

Calculator
Notepad
Firefox
OpenVPN
Orfox/Orbot
EBookDroid
RAR
LockMyPix
FlashLight

First off, install LineageOS without gapps.

Then install F droid and get Icecat, K9Mail, Vanilla Music Player, Gallery, Open Camera, Telegram, SkyTube (somehow even better than the real YouTube app).

>Gallery
Nice.Thank you user.

Waze. Holy shit, I love that app.
and "Shopping List" by maloii is another one.

Newpipe is better than Skytube

finally someone mentions AFWall and adblock. these are the real essential apps

Yep that's good also, but the videos lag on my shitty phone.

Also SkyTube is great because you don't need a Google account, you just add subscriptions locally through the app.

Just make sure you are running mp4 and not webm. The latest newpipe is even faster and supports up to 4K. It makes skytube look like a joke, feature wise.

>no subs
>no comments
>no playlists
lol no

Gen z pls

Are you gay or a woman?

How am I supposed to watch
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLv3TTBr1W_9tppikBxAE_G6qjWdBljBHJ
then?

What about Poweramp? I hear it's gotten/getting updated soon

Tachiyomi is an essential for manga reading

naked browser best browser
aimp best music player
mx player best video player
perfect viewer is good for manga and pdfs
old quickoffice is best for docs.

if you use an app for a website then kill yourself

Can someone redpill me on AFWall+. Why would I need a firewall for my phone? Unless I'm wrong Android will block incoming connections by default and there should be no need to block any of the apps on your phones because they should all be trusted. I mean if they aren't trusted, why do you have them on your phone?

>LineageOS
>Not supported
fuck

>there should be no need to block any of the apps on your phones because they should all be trusted

>Oh right America, with limited Internets xd
Verizon "1gbps" for 79.99 for 1st year, 84.99 for the second year. Datacap is 77TB unless you're on business-tier.

Yuropoor btfo

>F-droid contains only outdated libre/free software
ftfy

AppOps and plucklock

Then explain why you would install an untrusted app

I just only install newpipe,clover and whatsapp no more also i just use the default music player

>muh adware is best

Is there a better torrent client than LibreTorrent? It keeps crashing on my shitphone and when it restarts it continues downloading instead of rechecking. I have a 607 MB .mkv where the actual file size should be 605 MB and yet LibreTorrent says it's only 10% done downloading.

What's the best file manager on android?
I miss ES so much, but it's pure botnet.
>calle calle

I get unlimited 1 Gbps for US$22 per month and live in one of the richest cities in the world (Hong Kong)

Amerifat on suicide watch

I have v4.7.2, what am I missing?

>he pays $80 a month for 1Gb/s and he thinks it's cheap
>he actually have a data cap and defending it

>Yuropoor btfo
Oh the irony

Yalp Store, bypass Google Store without accounts.

solid explorer

Those already mentioned, Dashchan (like clover but some more features and support for other chans), Equate (unit conversion), AnkiDroid (SRS), MAPS.ME (offline maps), Panoramic Screenshot
How does it work?

To all americans:

I'm gonna be visiting America for 3 months and I need data on my phone for use throughout the entire trip (with tethering if possible). What contract should I get? Which contract is the least shit?

aria2 or Transmission
both are proper desktop-tier clients

> Not using a VPN and torrent client on your phone to leech of your employer's business class wifi

Link bubble
Overchan
K9
Puzzles
Adaway
Mi manga nu
Silence
Xda lab (for the Speed browser)

For a media player I use Phonograph, it's awesome. You nedd to add the IzzyOnDroid repository on FDroid

You don't get a contract here. You get a prepaid sim. Only idiots get contracts so they can get the newest iPhone and pay as they go instead of paying upfront for the phone.

Libretorrent isn't very mature yet. You should stick with Flud.

kdeconnect, DAVdroid and owncloud are great applications that allows you to have "modern" features without selling your soul to google.

Whatsapp
Tinder
Instagram

>$85
>datacap

TFW I pay EUR 30 for 1gbps without datacap

And which one of those is best?

I would like unlimited data and as long as speed is more than 5mbps then I don't care.

>unlimited data
>in the US
oh sweetie... no one told you?

they don't have unlimited phone plans?

What the fuck?

I don't care if 4g gets downgraded to 3g as long as it's unlimited.

Yes, that's what they do here. It's unlimited but 4g downgraded to 3g. Just get any prepaid sim from any major carrier here.

>Datacap

I use Flud, and you can add trackers desu

does anyone know of a freedom respecting music player which either follows the jukebox paradigm or where you can modify the default action?

The player should import music and have playlists.
When you play a playlist, it should be able to pick a random song when one song is complete.
A single tap on a song should add it to the queue, so the player will only pick a random song when the queue is empty.
Most players can do this with two clicks, but I would like to get something better if there is one.

Action Launcher 3
Bandcamp
Blackplayer
Dashchan
DiskUsage
DNS666
Easy App Switcher
F-droid
Gigaget
Hermit
HERE WeGo
Hover Dictionary
K-9 Mail
Leafpic
Lightning Browse
Mixplorer
MX Player Pro (got it cheap)
Neutrinotes
OfficeLens
OpenCamera
SD Maid
Timetable
Turtl
Wikipedia Beta
ZArchiver

And Swype keyboard

Its actually quite handy sometimes.

>>Lesser Pad
Why isn't there an option to turn auto-save off?

How do I put an adblocker on Lightning without rooting my phone?

To deny certain apps internet access? I mean, you can achieve the same thing and more with XPosed but it doesn't support Nougat apparently. This is very essential if you're on a metered connection. You can make a profile to allow WiFi connections only. Also:
>apps with ads won't display ads anymore since ads need network
>apps you don't trust accessing internet, but still need, can be blocked

>how does it work
Connects to Google servers to download apps. You can use the accountless option but I prefer logging in because old versions used to bug out if you don't log in. It's probably fixed now.

Sure showed us ;^)
>tfw 300mbps is 13 euros, unlimited
>1gbps is 20, of fucking course unlimited
>tfw you don't brag about being fucked in the ass and liking it

Install DNS66 from F-Droid.

GNU/IceCade

XPrivacy - access control

Today Weather - weather obv

Google Nexus Launcher (leaked on XDA) - best home screen

flux - color temp correction

Signal - SMS obv

Google Hangouts - 2nd number for grills

DAVdroid - disabled Google equivs, host my own

FreeOTP - 2FA obv

Tasker - automate yr shit

and of course my favorite BlackBerry app of all time

Metro - auto calculate public transport for any city

That's funny. I guess all those updates are fake then.

Oh, wait! It's open source! I can actually read the changelog/commits.

Fuck off iToddler.

I just downloaded Pixel Dungeon, it looks great. Finally a decent game that respect my freedoms.

Ad away
Root file browser

LineageOS music player is beautiful.

>Looking for a new media player.

MX Player for video
Poweramp for audio

I don't use android because phone's are botnet.

I wish I could with my stupid shitty verizon S5. So nothing but touchwiz shit for me.

Waze is fucking great, so is gas buddy.

yeah..well at least im not making fun of americans data caps on the internet while living in hong kong!!!

>I want to visit hong kong so bad from all those john woo movies.
can i stay at your house if i come to hong kong for a week or two?

Most apps that come on a CM/Lineage ROM by default, excluding AudioFX
AdAway
Titanium Backup
Nova Launcher
Magisk Manager
ViPER4Android FX (systemless driver over Magisk)
Kernel Adiutor
SafetyNet Test (to see if MagiskHide works)
Chrome
Termux
ConnectBot
F-Droid
NewPipe
9th PitchBlack: DarkGrey or 2nd PitchBlack: DarkRed (only if the ROM uses CMTE)

I use Amaze.