Why are male engineers sexists?

youtu.be/QyDbRaaXEvc

Other urls found in this thread:

census.gov/prod/2013pubs/acs-24.pdf
independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/italy-period-leave-menstrual-paid-risks-making-workplace-inequality-worse-parliament-a7657221.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thank you for upvoting the video, you're helping the cause!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

because i hate women (traps are cool tho)

>It's exhausting, I can't be myself around white males

Racist, but also incredibly dumb. Every single person who works in a professional setting will have to deal with not being themselves. It is work. It is not a romantic relationship or family setting. That isn't the fault of white men. I don't get it.

ugh, men

>still trying to extract sense out of these clowns

>Why is X Y.

Because the opposite is also true.

>be obese feminist wymynkin Ruby dev
>go to job interview for tech firm
>have to wait 6 minutes in room temp waiting room
>fucking sexist greedy jews turning off the AC to save money and oppress wymyn
>get called in
>sit down on a tiny human sized chair
>fucking fatphobic and ableist jew employers cutting down on chairs
>scum
>shake hands with a despicable MAN in suit and well groomed hair
>the fuck this cis white male doing?
>looking to impress us WYMYN during interviews to seduce us and use us as sex objects?
>"Hi, I'm Generic White Man Name, nice to meet you!"
>yeah, right
>"A woman, eh? We don't get many of you in the industry!"
>get triggered
>PTSD from that one time the McDonald's employee "accidentally" gave me a salad instead of nuggs
>panic, heavy breathing
>fall over from chair
>scream as I roll my way out of the office

saved

info left bottom corner of pic related says it all

And?

Just get more women to study tech, problem solved. We can't shoehorn women into positions just because they are women. I had 3 females in my uni classes and they were all shit and didn't know what they were doing and delivered sub-standard stuff compared to the men. Just because these people are women does not mean they should be entitled to better qualified peoples positions.

>Nuggs
Tendieposting

Lol at 1:07
"Too much white males = can't work 100% because it tears her psych"

Another good one from her:

>I want the industry to look more like me.

Oh it isn't racist if you say it huh.

>muh identity
>muh equality
>dem micro-aggressions
>coll-ab-or-at-shun
Let's nuke ourselves and be done with it.

Male engineers aren't sexist. They're just awkward as fuck because most are introverts who spent most of their time in front of a computer and where treated like pariahs by any women who came near them. Engineering is supposed to be their safe space.

funny how that wasn't a problem before liberal male feminists took over the industry

> My least favorite topic in the world is ‘Women in Tech’, so I am going to make this short but I think it’s something that needs to be said.

> This industry is fucked.

> Ever since I started speaking at conferences and contributing to open source projects I have been endlessly harassed. I’ve gotten hundreds of private messages on IRC and emails about sex, rape, and death threats. People emailing me saying they jerked off to my conference talk video (you’re welcome btw) is mild in comparison to sending photoshopped pictures of me covered in blood.

> I wish I could do my job, something I very obviously love doing, without any of this bullshit. However that seems impossible at this point.

> But I’m not leaving and I’m not going to stop being me. So this is me saying ‘Fuck You.

This is inevitably what happens when you let women off the leash. Women are like germs or infection in the body, to keep things from going out of control they must stay suppressed, otherwise they destroy the system. Learn from Middle Eastern men.

>years working
>8 months
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*wheeze*

>there is not a lot of women engineers
must be sexism
>I feel like I don't belong
must be sexism
>people ask me a lot of questions related to my background
must be sexism
>people are surprised that I am an engineer
must be sexism
>12% of engineers are women
must be sexism
>28% of ceos are women
must be sexism

What if there isn't a simple answer to every problem out there?
You have to be among the 25% smartest people in your field if you want to do well in your field and for technical fields, this means there is a lot of constant competition.
The best in the field move on to do other things, the worst in the field move on to do other things and new people come in when young people gets educated.
Engineers typically hold well paid positions which means they have more pressure, responsibility and work.
A lot of women wants to do other things and that is fine, wasn't the whole fight for equal opportunity?
Having been a student for a long time, I know there is no a lot of female students.
Some universities offers specialized engineering courses and women tend to gravitate towards specializations where they focus more on humans than mathematics which in my opinion makes them worse engineers.

Someone nuke us already

I'm reasearching this, and found that, in fact, as they cite around 12% of "engineers" are women, however in other STEM fields women have far greater represantation, e.g. "computer" occupations (27%), or "mathematical" occupations (47%), or - also considered STEM - "social science" occupations (61%).

And I'm using quotation marks because, in the video they use the "engineers" numbers (those with lowest representation of women), however all of the ladies in the video work in computer fields, with titles like "software engineer" or "engineering manager" in software company, while the "engineering" fields - those with so few women, AND those, which numbers they decided to cite, are fields like: Aerospace engineers, Agricultural engineers, Chemical engineers, Electrical and electronics engineers, Architectural and engineering managers, Mechanical engineers, Petroleum engineers and so on.

numbers source: census.gov/prod/2013pubs/acs-24.pdf

TLDR: fields, that women in this video work in (software related), are not the same fields, that percentage numbers in the video relate to (mechanics, architects, agriculture, electrical engineers)

pic related as to all the jobs considered "engineering"

I would never hire someone based on their genitals or skin color for a technical job, if you qualify you qualify, if you're interested, apply. What's the issue? Why do women have to like the same thing men like? Why is having a low percentage of them in this field a bad thing instead of just a statistic?

get your logic out of here, this is a woman thread

YOU RACIST SEXIST BIGOT
GIVE ME A JOB REEEEEEEE

I love how they show statistics on how rare it is to be a female engineer, because they are trying to make men realize this, while simultaneously complaining about how men are surprised or find it unusual to meet a female engineer. Either I'm a sexist for realizing how rare it is to be a female in tech, or I'm a sexist for NOT realizing it. What the fuck do they want from me? I especially love the part where they talk about how badly it hurts a woman's feelings to congratulate her for ignoring social pressure to stay in the kitchen. Even celebrating female success is considered sexist against women. There's no way for me to win.

And what the fuck is so wrong about asking where someone's from if they look/sound foreign? Why does being curious about where you're from and wanting to learn more about it mean I think you have to go back there? Why should being colored be an ugly open secret instead of something people are allowed to talk about comfortably like anything else?

They expect their male co-workers to pay attention THIS NEUROTICALLY to their own behavior when in a lady's presence, then complain when they feel excluded from the normal camaraderie in the environment. If you want me to forget about your gender, I should be allowed to talk to you the same way I can talk to a man. I should be allowed to make jokes about dongles in your presence without worrying it will get me fired, just as you should feel welcome to join in with your OWN dongle jokes. Why is that so fucking hard? I'd love a world where I could stop caring about what private parts someone has unless I want to have sex with them, but feminists make that impossible. I'd love a world where I could feel just as relaxed talking to a colored person as I do a White person, but I find talking to them is like walking through a minefield with all I have to stay conscious of.

The liberals are hard at work digging their own graves, and they are taking legitimate, important causes down with them.

I like you

>2:5 like/dislike ratio
WE DID IT REDDIT

I like the bit where they say women are 12% of the engineer pop and then immediately say "Why are people surprised when I am an engineer?"

I mean, I'm sure women are no better code but ffs why are genders even a thing we give a shit about. They are a social construct and the only relevance is connectivity without an adapter.

PoC here. It is not a fucking microaggression for someone to ask where you are from out of interest. They are just interested. Although I am male, by the rules of intersectional feminism I hereby declare this microaggression nulled.

Also I'm sure there is a pretty genuine reason for engineers to hate Pajeets.

>omg the feminists are so retarded
>I'm going to give them all the attention they so desperately crave, that will show them!

kys you stupid faggot

insecurity

think they are smart but can't be subtle about their sexism smhflammalama

Wired is a shit publication

They're not sexist, it's an empty accusation made in order to fiddle money from employers.

This is a thing. I guess people want to be able to have their young self be able to see people similar in inspirational roles. Ideally, the average person in any job should be the average of all optimal performers for that role, for which the delta from the current average does equate to "more like me" in her case.

>engineers
Isn't engineer a protected title in burgerland? Code monkeys aren't engineers.

women are bad at abstract thought. why are they engineers? people need to stop lowering the standards for engineers or everything is going to be about FEELINGS just like in this fucking video.

FUCK SEXIST MEN!!!

MORE WOMEN NEED TO BE ENGINEERS AND PROMOTED!!!

:not me tho cuz math is hard lol:

>y-you don't speak for all PoC!!

CURRENT TOP FEMALE CEO's

MARISSA MAYER => About to be kicked out of yahoo, getting 35Million dollar golden parachute for fucking Yahoo employees in the ass.

GINNI ROMETTY => IBM. 13 quarters of dramatically falling revenues with no end in sight. Will likely get FAT golden parachute for drivig IBM into the ground.

MEG WHITMAN: Resided over 5 BILLION in failed mergers & acquisitions in Hewlett Packard, with zero results. Continuous revenue declines & failing businesses. HPE will be dead soon, and Meg will get a FAT bonus.

BOZOMA SAINT JOHN: Completely botched Apple music merger with Beats Music. Let Apple Music fall to 3rd place while Spotify and Google eat its lunch. Zero innovation & zero ideas. "Diversity Hire" at its best. Fired from Apple this week.

CARLY FIORINA => Presided over the cutting over 50,000 american HP jobs. Moved most manufacturing overseas. Lost market share and failed anyways.

Left with FAT golden parachute.

Not all women are shit. Look at Lisa Su. The majority though, yes. Lisa herself is more of a man than a woman which is why she's good at what she does. Unlike that ditz emotional wreck Marissa Mayer (who's butthole I would love to sniff).

>MARISSA MAYER => About to be kicked out of yahoo, getting 35Million dollar golden parachute for fucking Yahoo employees in the ass.

Lets not forget that Marissa Mayer had a blatantly SEXIST hiring policy of gender biased hiring, and promotion of clueless women into leadership roles at Yahoo... which led the company into utter failure for 4 years.

Yeah, Lisa doesn't boast about being a woman in the industry. She's awesome.

>who the fuck is this Bozoma person?
>check Twitter
>header is an extremely low res picture of diamonds
>looks like a troll
>name of a troll
>judging by her tweets, behaves like a twat

wew surprised

/thread

>Not all women are shit. Look at Lisa Su.

probably smart enough to listen to her male advisors. Men are superior CEO's because they make decisions based on logic and statistics while women make decisions based on emotions.

ELLEN "If you don't want to get sued, don't hire a woman" PAO

Did a great job at Reddit... lol

She's the kind of woman that little girls should be looking up to. Not fucking literal skanks off TV and trashy terrible singers who shill makeup on Instagram or whatever. Lisa is smart and knows how to do her job properly. Although, I guess she should be whipping pajeet more to get that fucking Vega arc ready.

>>who the fuck is this Bozoma person?

Head of Apple Music for the past 5 years...

... in case you're wondering why apple music hasn't changed at all and why it sucks so bad... blame Bozoma

She's a true "diversity hire"

apple sells music?

Didn't that Bozo chick work for Beats then just came on board when Apple acquired them?

No idea IBM was run by a woman for so long...

RIP Big Blue

:`(

Funny how there is no Women running to fill construction roles. Only cushy well paying tech jobs.

Are you retarded? Or very retarded? Jesus Christ.

DSL
S
L

companies should not hire women at all because they want free paid period leave and free paid maternity leave. women are a huge liability to companies.

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/italy-period-leave-menstrual-paid-risks-making-workplace-inequality-worse-parliament-a7657221.html

>ELLEN "If you don't want to get sued, don't hire a woman" PAO
>Did a great job at Reddit... lol

Wasn't she CEO over there for, like a week before they kicked her out? WTF was that shit?

Strange, I thought silicon valley was one of the most "sjw" hubs in the technology sector

>Lisa Su
>woman
only one to pick

>racists getting mad that others are racist towards them
doesn't feel very good does it, white boy?

>I thought silicon valley was one of the most "sjw" hubs in the technology sector

Why else do you think Marissa, Meg, and Ginni are CEO's of those GIANT fucking tech firms? Companies they demonstrate very little competence or ability in running.

ooga booga

>ITT: virgin rage

None of these women are engineers.
>Senior Engineering Manager, Twitter
>Build and Release Engineer, Slack
>Senior Engineer, Slack
>Software Engineer, Capital One
>Engineering Manager, Yelp
ALL OF THESE WOMEN ARE IN SOFTWARE/BACKEND DEVELOPMENT, NOT ENGINEERING

STOP CALLING EVERYTHING TECHNOLOGY RELATED ENGINEERING
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>doesn't feel very good does it, white boy?

Just goes to show, Niggers never wanted equality.

Niggers want privilege, role reversal, revenge, & race war.

>Isn't engineer a protected title in burgerland?
yes but some people call themselves engineers despite not having actual credentials
>audio engineer
>software engineer
some job postings are fucking ridiculous
>HR --> interaction engineer
>janitor --> sanitation engineer
being an engineer used to mean something; it still does if you did a 'real' engineering program

>talking about women
>"dude it's the niggers!"
Why am I not surprised that you immediately bring up the blacks?
>because you're a cuck

>>racists getting mad
Now hold up.
Just because you are racist doesn't means others are.

>the blacks

see
on Sup Forums they call this an 'argument'
everywhere else it's called getting triggered

>bawwwww all men should treat me like they do their loved ones and friends
Get the fuck out ho. I have all the women i need in my life, i don't need your stink near me.

You leave Ruby out of this

This also peeves me

>Software """"engineering"""

Are her name and surname unironically Durable Herpes?

She was used as a scapegoat for firing Victoria (the woman that did the IAmA's)

t.triggered.white.goy.

lol

Don't get yourself worked up pretending you care about our problems white fuck. Your stereotypes are as bad as the ignorant rednecks, except they get called out as racists while you lack any self awareness.

That is usually how liberals respond to any non whites or women that say there is no racism or sexism about any certain part of life. They just think their opinions are invalid.

>let shitskins into your country
>all they do is complain
amerimongrels lmao

>senior engineer
Of what? Senior Social Media Engineer?
Interaction Engineer? Sandwich Engineer?

any white person who complains about racism should do the world a favor and kys themselves

>Don't get yourself worked up pretending you care about our problems white fuck. Your stereotypes are as bad as the ignorant rednecks, except they get called out as racists while you lack any self awareness.

Its ok poor little impotent nigger.

You need our liberal help because you're just a dumb little nigger who can't help yourself... so we'll speak for you.

Don't forget to vote democrat!

Any white person? Slavs and Irish including?
I pray to the Heavens you are not stupid enough to attempt to guilt these two groups because you will end up in a gutter and it will be deserved.

After all that garbage fake-feminism I just don't know who to believe.

>Your stereotypes are as bad as the ignorant rednecks, except they get called out as racists while you lack any self awareness.

t.triggered.'merican.nigger

any person period tbqh

>Don't get yourself worked up pretending you care about our problems white fuck. Your stereotypes are as bad as the ignorant rednecks, except they get called out as racists while you lack any self awareness.
I'm not white gayboi, and I do not give a FUCK about """women in tech"""

Any person will still beat you up though, unless they are one of those western liberal whites.

That would be what, 90% of the world population?
Not exactly good odds mang.

You have to admit, all of them are fucking hot and theres not a damn thing you can do about it

>MARISSA MAYER => About to be kicked out of yahoo, getting 35Million dollar golden parachute for fucking Yahoo employees in the ass.
Yahoo was already fucking up long before Marissa Mayer got the keys to yahoo's servers

did you just assume my skin colour?

what about AMD?

the chin on the first woman, jesus christ.
hard to look at.

she is moving to Uber now

>I'm not white gayboi

Yes, we can tell by your spelling you're likely 'Merican schooled