Macfag ignorance thread

What's your worst experience arguing with a macfag Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fVrQdz_x9hs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>but Apple says they can't get virus
Really? The company you paid money to for a product said nice things about it? Surely they wouldn't lie, now would they?

>What's your worst experience arguing with a macfag Sup Forums?
Every experience with a MacFag is the worst:

>macs are better for graphics
>macs cant get virus
>macs last longer
>professionals buy macs
>apple will never kill the mac
>macs are upgradable (you just buy a whole new mac)

Absurdist level cancer of the worst kind.
Macfags should kill themselves.

all true when comparing mac to windows

found the macfag

I use linux actually
>inb4 "i-i-it's GNU/Linux..."
you don't say you drove to work in your engine/Car do you?

>So you use Linux? you would like mac too, since it's a lot like Linux.

Naturally, told him to jump off a cliff.

In my experience macbooks do last longer than other consumer-grade laptops. They can't compete with thinkpads or other business laptops though.
The other points are valid.

This is all mostly true. Except "better for graphics" part.

You must have a lot of friends.

Any objective argument being swept aside by subjective opinions.
>specs, build quality etc. is bad for the price
>but I like how they look
Not often have I met a Macfan wh could actually come up with non-subjective reasons for Mac like how the ecosystem works quite well. Even if you don't like the locked down ecosystem you can't deny that it is impressive how easily Apple products work together.

They do yeah. But comparing a bottom-of-the-stack consumer PC to a Mac costing way way more is like comparing a hot dog to filet mignon. Not really comparable at all.

Macfag spotted

Their arguments boil down to:
>"It's pretty, tehee."
>"You hate them because you're le poor XDdd---"
>"It's more secure because apple said so \:(!!!11oneone"

I just stopped arguing with them altogether. They're basket cases apple is going to milk dry till the day they are forced to pay the billions in evaded taxes.

>its more unix like which makes them way better for 'power users'
>from someone who wouldn't even know how to open the cli without a YouTube tutorial

I dual boot windows and Linux due to software vendor constraints. Fyi

To me the worst was when the iPads first came out. People would show up Monday with a $1000 device and start asking how to use it for work. If that didn't click, they spent a grand on a device they weren't sure if it could do any of the things they wanted to do on it. When they found out it couldn't do shit but browse the web and connect to some email services they got mad at IT

OSx **IS** Linux

I think I'll buy a a macbook just to piss neo-Sup Forums off

>GNU/Linux is driving an engine/Car
That's a bad analogy/Shitpost because GNU is both the engine AND the car. Linux is the drivetrain. Obviously unless you're special/Retarded, you don't say you drove a drivetrain to work.

No it's a butchered version of UNIX for toddlers.

>spending thousands of dollars to piss of anonymous people on the internet that you'll never meet

No, you are Linux and the car is the proprietary hardware.

>spend $1000 to make sure that Mac is not for me
>use it for a bit to make sure its shit
>sell it used for 95% of the original price
>get tax return for it
>piss off Sup Forums for FREE

>you are Linux

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>have mac
retard autist comes over to make conversation
i try to fucking get away but the fat slob is so big
>UHHH WHY U USING MAC!??!?
>because i like it and its fast for the stuff i do
>HUHHUHUHUUHHUHU

yeah i just described most of Sup Forums

sure i bet u were in the middle of seducing a 9.76 qt part time model also

yes, copypasta is fun.

1. Come to Sup Forums
2. Shitpost on macfag thread
GUARANTEED REPLIES

>work as IT support in a big gubment building
>helping some guy that can't connect to the VPN server
>has his own big fucking room, wears a nice suit, must be important
>he's a macfag though
>of course our VPN is not compatible with macs we only work with windows 7
>throws a fit about how it's our system's fault for being obsolete
>tries to convince me of how macs are superior, using his computer ignorant opinions and facts that he memorized by talking to iPlace employees
>shows me all his applel products, iPhone, iPod, MacBook, earphones, keyboard and other Mac stuff I couldn't even recognize
>felt like I was talking to a fucking Jehovah's witness
>calmly explain to him how it doesn't matter how much he cries, we won't implement mac support for just one single computer
>he can't understand that and complains to my boss about how I refused to help him

the macfag mentality is that it's really expensive so it's supposed to work so you're the one who's wrong if you can't get it to work

Our organization even provides them Thinkpads notebooks and HP Elitebooks to work on. He returned his Elitebook and decided to work on a Mac that he bought.
Almost lost my job too.

I don't argue with people about their technology choices. I don't have to use that shit so it doesn't affect me enough to debate the merits of other systems.

>Yeah but its so thin

Legit argument I've had to deal with.

I own a MacBook Pro and I love it lol hate me

its ok user i love you for who you are not what tech products you use

Hi. How are those intel stocks doing?

Get a room you fucking fags.

Sounds like a lot of time wasted.

Fortunately the time of a macfag is worthless

applel no viruse
applel a wormsaware
ok

I don't argue with people over their hardware or software choices. I'm not autistic.

>arguing about consumerist shit
please

This totally happened guys.

And then the entire train clapped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=fVrQdz_x9hs

None because the mac users I know are aware that they are able to get viruses, they overpaid for their hardware (some didn't because they bought used) and that the Mac they own isn't the best option in the market.
Why would I discuss something so petty?
Why should I care about others think?
Why should I explain when someone is wrong?
I really don't get why Sup Forums is so insecure.

>reality
>this happens in reverse
>mactoddler goes home and makes this animation and uploads it to GOOGLE's servers while in tears

Have the people hating on Macs ever used one? If you approach the system with an open mind I think you'll find it's a very pleasant experience.

nice projecting nerd lol

post macfags

Not sure if she was a macfag, but this girl thought I was hacking when I opened a terminal to ping so I could see she was connected to the university wifi.

Mac users are definitely retarded.

>PR department bloggers sitting around a conference table circlejerking themselves

Meanwhile at Mission Operations.

The ridiculous price, but a second hand one it's fine. Those are good machines for old people who doesn't know anything about computers, once the whole setup is done you almost forget about the old
>how do I do that user.
I bought one for my mum and she uses it as some kinda typewriter.

I don't hate macs, but to answer your question yes. It wasn't bad, but Linux felt way better and more intuitive.
>But no! Everyone who dislikes macs has never ever touched one!

chromebooks called

I used an old mac mini for a time at my father's house.
I didn't like how they tried to reinvent the wheel on many different features for no reason, doing things differently only for the sake of being different and alienating the users.
It didn't feel faster or smoother than my cheap ass notebook running Ubuntu with GNOME.
I didn't like how limited it felt and the fact that I needed to hack it into something else entirely, just to feel like I was in control of my own computer.
I didn't like how the system assumed that I was a retard and tried to handhold me all the fucking time.
It was pretty, yes. But I don't care about that at all.
I used macOS, and it made me feel like a piece of shit.