Thinking of buying a raspberry pi for emulating NES/SNES games. Anyone have experience with this? What emulator...

Thinking of buying a raspberry pi for emulating NES/SNES games. Anyone have experience with this? What emulator, setup etc

Other urls found in this thread:

retropie.org.uk/
3ds.guide
8bitdo.com/#Products
alexmax2742.blogspot.com/2016/07/retroarch-on-raspberry-pi.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

retropie.org.uk/

Which version of Kodi do you guys use for Pi 3?

Why don't you just emulate NES/SNES games on your current PC?

Just use your phone why do you need a seperate device?

I am not a NEET and do actual projects with my raspberry. LIke building a big 7 segment display.
Watching Videos is a stupid waste of time. You should rather read a book or something

I agree with you in principle, but you sound like an abrasive ass.

I just use the optional install of Kodi from within RetroPie. I would go OSMC otherwise.

Okay, but I am not.

Just buy a 2DS for 80$ and hack it with 3ds.guide

You get the entire NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, DS (with flashcart) and 3DS at that price. That's almost 18k games. Only missing the New 3DS exclusive titles, like all 3 of them.

Are you sure? That sounds suspiciously like what an abrasive ass would say.

Stop hitting on him.

Yeah, stop hitting on me!

>it's 2017 and people still haven't installed B9S on their 2DS/3DS

i ran on 2b before, snes would run ok if overclocked to nearly max so i guess 3 probably does better than that

But he's so cute

You are a turbo faggot for wasting over 40 bucks making a display that you can get on ali express for 3 bucks, you are in no position to lord over anyone, especially here in this shithole

What a waste for a shitty clock.

I'm the guy who called him an abrasive ass, and now I'm gonna fight his corner because why not: what's wrong with undertaking a project for learning? Or maybe he just wanted to see if he could make it?

Even some psx games run fine on my pi3, so there should be no issue with any snes game

Well it is just temporary.
Will be a countdown timer and I want to be able to set it via smartphone, so the raspberry will have a webserver on it with a simple website.
It is just for a one time event.
Sadly there was only place for 3 digits on that wood, but when that event is done I'll prolly count those digits out, make a fourth and then build a clock with an esp8266 (prolly) and hang it in my office

>count those digits out
cut those digits out*
obviously

I want to hook it up to my TV

He can do whatever that he wants, but if he thinks that he has bragging rights on a korean soup opera discussion web portal, he is fucking wrong and probably a nigger.

Well there are people on here who brag with their fizzbuzz code.

PS: look at my fizzbuzz :^)

>korean soap opera
>not vietnamese moving drawings
fuck off gook, go back to

I want to display the games on my TV

First, Anything up to and including PSX works perfectly, don't even bother with N64 though
Buffalo and 8Bitdo controllers work the best
I recommend finding a CTR for the most authentic retro experience.

OSMC

-Libre/OpenELEC blocks installing everything, so you can't do anything else with the pi
-OpenELEC additionally is extremely slow in updating (maybe they picked up the pace recently)
-Haven't used Xbian, see for yourself if this or OSMC suits your needs.

>LIke building a big 7 segment display
You don't need a fully fledged ARM CPU to turn some leds on and off. Just use a microcontroller.

hook hdmi from gpu to tv.

If you want to put it on a crt, the composite jack only does 480i and it's a blurry mess. A original Wii softmodded with letterbomb is a better emu box than an Rpi and can do 240p/480p component
>I recommend finding a CTR for the most authentic retro experience
Crash Team Racing is a trbl kart racer tho

The TV is in another room and I don't want to move anything. I have a softmodded wii already but I didn't know it could run NES/SNES games. Are there any decent controllers for it?

8bitdo.com/#Products

I purchased the NES30 for my buddy's RetroPi, and the SNES30 for mine. Both work great.

Looks good desu. Thanks man

recalbox with wii snes classic controller

Do they work flawlessly on wii? I've seen some people having problems with it

You're very welcome.

There are only two drawbacks: First is the kinda short USB cord that is included, but I got a much longer one on Amazon for like $10.

Secondly, the controller will put itself to sleep in no time flat, but unplugging and plugging the controller back in wakes it back up.

I've only used them with my RetroPi system, I haven't tried connecting them with my Wii.

>building a clock
>temporary
>one time event
>set VIA smartphone

The Feds are probably watching now

OSMC hands down.

>mfw i did the first microcontroller display output fizzbuzz and people are copying me

>I have a softmodded wii already
Why are you asking about a raspi then? Wii is generally considered to have the best reward/effort ratio for 16bit and lower.

RetroPie. It's simple, and you put the games with a FTP server. It looks good, also. Buy a controller. SMW without it is hell. You can download covers.

alexmax2742.blogspot.com/2016/07/retroarch-on-raspberry-pi.html

emualtion station is garbage and retroarch already comes with a file browser, why configure things twice for no reason?

i would recommend you Recalbox, preconfigured and works amazing. Even with a webserver to just put things there,

get a ShieldTV

>8:88