Reminder that the arab city of Cordoba had miles of public lighting when London was just a poor...

Reminder that the arab city of Cordoba had miles of public lighting when London was just a poor, tiny and irrelevant village.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muladi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age
fasebj.org/content/20/10/1581.full
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They also invented algebra, but hey, that's not relevant for the edgy kids in Sup Forums.

>we wuz engineers and shit

that's nice, shame you didn't keep it up

Compare the Islamic "Golden" Age to the European Renaissance.

the latter would have been impossible without the former

excuse me berbers are white and more importantly not arabs.

delete

Proofs?

You mean translated Greek transcripts about algebra? They didnt invent it, and the first traces of Algebra are from the Old Babylonians

>muh stolen knowhow caused europeans to collect theirs

>expecting actual discussion about the cultural and scientific advancements from Islamic nations on fucking Sup Forums

lel sandniggers is all you get

The Islamic "Golden Age" profited greatly from Greek translations. They didnt start from zero either

by that logic all the renaissance fine art is just a copy of the ancient greek art. why are they more entitled to it than the arabs?

Didnt say that.

everything is built upon something. you can't deny someones history that way.

andalusians are not representative of Bedouin arabs

>attributing Persian accomplishment with arabs

nothing wrong with some muslims, just depends on the culture surrounding the religion. Same with Christians, just look at the southern USA and compare their religious culture with Australia

>tfw no visigothic gf during the caliphate of cordoba
>tfw can't just pay a bit more tax to be exempt from military service
ree, why don't modern muslims follow the example of the andalusians?

Sup Forums edgy kids killing theirselves in this moment

MODS

>arab city of Cordoba
>arab

Sorry, you might be refering to the MOORISH city of Cordoba.

Moors that were actual Spaniards converted to Islam.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muladi

>In Islamic history muwalladun designates in a broader sense non-Arab Muslims or the descendants of converts. In the Muslim-ruled parts of the Iberian Peninsula, parts of the indigenous until-then Christian population (basically a mixture of the pre-Roman peoples of the Iberian Peninsula, ancient Romans, Visigoths and Suebi) converted to Islam in the 8th and 9th centuries. In the 10th century a massive conversion of Christians took place, so that muladies comprised the majority of the population of Al-Andalus by the century's end. However, the majority of Muwallads had embraced Islam early, but retained many pre-Islamic customs and characteristics.

>muladies comprised the majority of the population of Al-Andalus

Muladi = Iberian converted to Islam

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muladi
yeah, shame you fucking killed, exiled and burned every single one of them.

The only thing Muslims did was come up with the representation of zero. They stole everything else and even then, they destroyed a lot of stuff for being against Islam.

DELET

DELETTT

>The only thing Muslims did was come up with the representation of zero
I'm pretty sure it was Indians that came up with that.
Actually all the Arabic numerals originally come from India which is why they are called "Hindu numerals" by the Arabs themselves.

our golden age lasted for 700+ years
we will see how long will the europeans last
this
we learn from those before us and those after us learn from us
its humanity

Yeah but I thought they didn't have zero though. Thanks for correcting me.

Nothing good has ever come out of Islam.

>citing a "Golden Age" that never existed
Typical Moor.

Shit you got em there my boi

good thread lads

>our golden age lasted for 700+ years
>8-13th century
wow absolutely no tangible improvements, but you conquered a bunch of shit, thanks islam

Not exactly, Ireland played a more important role in the beginning of the renaissance. It wasn't affected by the drama of the dark ages and helped rejuvenate western Europe with scholars from France to Switzerland to italy

The political elite was the Arabs, the cult language was arab, the moneys were for the Arabs and the Caliphate was arab (Umayyad).

Moors were their cucks/2nd class muslims. And the majorityof the ppopulation local lads that for the most part converted to Islam.

>Cucked out of iberia
>cuckd out of algeria
>cucked out of mauritania
>currently being cucked out of western sahara

poor niggers

why is there always a butthurt Portuguese in these kind of threads?
whenever i see a thread that mentions Islam I see a Portugal flag butthurt

Is your prime minister even doing anything? I'd be more worried about the future.

All of what you said is false, and nobody's taking WS from us, trust me :^)

>butthurt over nothing of value
Do you need trigger warnings too so that the truth doesn't harm you?

It was a hell lot better than """""""""""""""christian""""""""""""" dark ages :^)

dlt

>no tangible improvements
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age
fasebj.org/content/20/10/1581.full
wut? you're the one that goes out of his way to bitch about Arabs on every thread he sees
yeah he is
if you understand arabic go here
www.pm.gov.ly

Muslim Iberia was pretty good from about 700-1050
became trash after that

It's sad, really, I saw a documentary of the descendants of the expelled Iberian Moors that live in Morocco and most of them looked "white", yes well kinda swarthy like us but many with light eyes and overall european features, different from the more typical Moroccan, and they still had the keys of the houses their ancestors were expelled from.

And the Moors were actually expelled much later than the Jews, and only after many islamic rebellions (like the one of the Alpujarras) and the idea that they were supporting the Barbary piratery (which was true, they were harboring them) and the Ottoman Empire.

The expulsion had actually a very negative economical impact on Spain, and many farms were left empty and unproductive.

>burned
wew lad

Because it's entertaining. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to know what fun is.

A bunch of protesters won't change anything and don't add much to your post, trust me

And most sahrawis are living in Moroccan sahara, just because a greedy minority want to turn WS into a shithole worse than Mali or Mauritania doesn't mean it'll happen, you seem very misguided about this

whatever you say brownie

>Arab city

Nope. Cordoba was ruled by Muslims, many of whom were actually converted Visigoth and Iberian nobility to avoid revolt. It was populated by a majority of Iberians.

The Golden Age we see in Spain did not exist in the rest of the Islamic world at the time.

>The political elite was the Arabs
>the Caliphate was arab (Umayyad)

False, only at the beginning, and the Golden Age of Al-Andalus started when they broke up from the Umayyads.

It was never good. Thank God for Afonso Henriques.

Wrong.
They spoke Mozarabic, dialect of vulgar Latin.

>he unironically thinks that graph is accurate

Wew fucking lad

Sahrawis want Spain lad not your cunt

You're implying dangerous shit M8

They never left.
They formed the political Muslim elite afterwards.

The reason why they declared independence from the Umayyad Caliphate was over racial tensions between Arabs and the Iberian Muslims.

I actually didn't knew that and now I think it's pretty interesting stuff. thanks man
the only thing I know is that the expelled jews from spain ended in my country, cause no other european country wanted them, so the ottomans took them and placed them mostly in the balkans. their "language" is even called ladino, and not yiddish

What's so dangerous about it?

The Golden Age of Al Andalus was literally the Caliphate, faggot.

The common people yes, but I said the cult language, literature, poetry, etc.

ITT: Irrelevant darkie jibber jabber

>The inequality of Muslims in the empire led to social unrest. As Islam spread, more and more of the Muslim population was constituted of non-Arabs. This caused tension as the new converts were not given the same rights as Muslim Arabs. Also, as conversions increased, tax revenues from non-Muslims decreased to dangerous lows.

The Middle East, A History by William L. Ochsenwald

How did they fuel it? How did it work?

allah's grace

Only a few of them did and not in Cordoba but in shitholes like Murcia.

>The Golden Age of Al Andalus was literally the Caliphate, faggot.

No.

The Moors actually broke from the Umayyad Arab Caliphate very early and formed their own Emirate in the 756. And in 929 they even formed their own caliphate under Abderramán III. They were still an "Umayyad" dinasty, yes, but with more native Iberian blood than anything else.

For example, the very same Abderramán III that proclaimed the Cordoba Caliphate had blue eyes and a red beard that he dyed black, and his mother was an iberian christian from northern Spain (literally a "rape baby"), but his "Umayyad" father was also more Iberian than anything else.

>700+ years
really it was about 200
it ended around the turn of the millennium
about the same length of time as Europe's golden age desu

not according to paradox interactive

How the fuck is Abderraman I, a syrian arab born in Damascus, and founder of the Spanish Umayyad house, """"""a moor that broke with the arabs""""""?

Because he founded an independent Emirate in the 756, holy shit.

Why did he form and independent Emirate? Well, probably because the fucking Arab Umayyad Caliphate that reached from Spain to Persia was "dismantled" in the 750 after the Abassid revolution, in which he fought for the Umayyads against the Abassids.

And as you should know the muslim Spain was never part of that Abassid Caliphate.

And he was so "arab" that his mother was berber and his wife was a converted visigothic slave, making his children 2/4 visigothic, 1/4 berber and 1/4 arab, nice "Arab dinasty" you have there.

We were the first Sweden of Europe

Muslims were goin to be expelled and then christian population and rulers went against the monarchic decision.

Christian families hidding muslim families in their houses, muslim women bringing their children to christian families and changing their name, etc

Totally a tragedy imo. Considering also that they were genetically the same than the christian ones, but with a different religion. The muslim conquest didn't really export many arab citizens, just a bit. But assimilation was strong

You are silly.
Not even. That was pajeet.

Sup Forums on suicide watch

dynasty*

>islamic """""golden age"""""
>just stolen Greek, Persian and Roman works

>european golden age
>industrialises the world, increases life expectancy 30+ years, invents aeroplanes, the internet and sends man to the moon and probes beyond our solar system

>cucked out of Algeria
>cucked out of Mauritania
sounds familiar...

>Sup Forums BTFO service

>Hur drrr we did more

You know that people living today are 10% of the history's population right?

Comparing the results of near 2 billion Westerns of today with a good socio-economic environment with a couple of thousands centuries ago.

You may think we are advancing so fast because we are smarter today than ever, the reality is that we are more people than ever.

Damn those filthy christian. I know, maybe if we all make more Scientific advancement units we could compensate the wrong made. And then maybe demand for every christian and religious people to give us money to buy more Scientific advancement units.
Seriously tho, what kind of mongoloid makes these charts.

This actually sounds interesting, can someone link me an article explaining this in greater detail?

delet

Wilson's theorem even though Wilson did nothing