VEGA BTFO

finance.yahoo.com/news/amds-ryzen-chips-facing-problems-190616858.html

>“Discussions in industry forums for gamers and semiconductor professionals describe chips failing due to potential segment faults with AMD’s new Ryzen processor,” Detwiler Fenton analyst Dan Nenni wrote Wednesday morning.

>“We are hearing that even with the latest BIOS there are intermittent crashes which are very problematic and may be hard to debug.”

>The issues are reportedly impacting Linux distributions such as CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora and Arch.

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/news/amds-ryzen-chips-facing-problems-190616858.html
forums.anandtech.com/threads/ryzen-a-fail-for-gamers.2500643/
community.amd.com/message/2796982.
forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8076910.html#8076910.
community.amd.com/message/2796982
gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/commitdiff/b48dd28447fc8ef62fbc963accd301557fd9ac20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>only affects loonix
Year of the Linux desktop everyone

>AMD targeted high-end gaming companies using Linux

>finance.yahoo.com/news/amds-ryzen-chips-facing-problems-190616858.html
The issues are reportedly impacting Linux distributions such as CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora and Arch.

Install Gentoo

>Yahoo using fucking anandtech forums as source

Fuck Yahoo fuck marissa mayer i hope they bankrupt soon fucking SJW fat

>segment faults
>segment faults
>segment faults

Also wasn't this shit fixed already in the gentoo thread?

What about my yahoo email address?

literally tech propaganda, they don't have any proof except a bunch of forum shills on anandtech literally the most pro intel site ever forums.anandtech.com/threads/ryzen-a-fail-for-gamers.2500643/

I guess Intel needed something after all those youtube celebs taking a dump on them.

They could have done a better job than someone that fails basic grammar though.

Actual thread on AMD community forums: community.amd.com/message/2796982.

Latest post was today, so a potential gcc issue still being investigated.

EDIT: Looks like a workaround has been found for now: forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8076910.html#8076910. Another person claiming that AGESA 1.0.0.6 for his mobo fixed it for him.

>AMD PPS starts rising
>release fake news
Why do ((they)) hate $AMD so much?

Intel's about to get a new one torn open.

>He thinks amd cares about his gaymen profits

The money is in the server market you fucktards. That were linux is run that why this shit causes issue were on the server market reliability is most important feature. One downed server could cost a corporation a 1million of more.

AMD has shipped over 4000 EPYC units for testing to partners, do you really think they haven't found a fucking compiler bug yet?

>Sketchy motherboard bios updates
>only on linux

YEP DEFINENTLY THE CPU, totally not the UEFI, firmware or drivers. Don't look at the man behind the curtain.

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Actually it wasn't any of those, it was some kind of ASLR bug with some versions of GCC

>only affects Linux
>has nothing to do with Vega
>every new architecture has to deal with shit like this, since the beginning of time

As always, OP is a faggot.

I'm a Gnu. With a bug in my poo.

Seems like newer GCC versions fixed it, can't really help it since the older versions were available way before Ryzen launched.

Does this shit happen with Clang/LLVM?

No.

>linux being dogshit as always
And nothing of value was lost

IT'S NOT LINUX RETARDS IT'S """STABLE""" DISTRIBUSIONS USING OUTDATED GCC

God, why is every linux distro such a huge clusterfuck? I've tried like 10 and all were broken in some form or another.

This is why you never buy gen 1 hardware kids. Thanks for beta testing for me!

There have been tickets from a week ago and people dont say what kernels they run the ubuntu setups on. but most people say that kernels with ASLR enabled had problems compiling + LLC would help for some other cases.

nothing really special
if you compile stuff you can read that shit up in 20 min and setup your env to work properly

> One downed server could cost a corporation a 1million of more.
Sure. if the company is run by morons who don't know what redundancy means.

how is this relevant to vega though?

Ryzen isn't going to be used for servers.

it's same core, the genius of it is that they make cheap cores and glue them together ryzen has all the features of EPYC on the core it's just disabled

>AMD
>Linux

got an 8 core cpu, likely going to get zen 2 or 3 and put my current ryzen in a small emulation/multimedia box.

Honestly, if beta testing gets me good shit like this, may do it more often.

retard

Nice digits

But verizon is gonna own that shit soon so prepare for extra data mining

segfault investigation started on gentoo forums. guess why

It's because they refuse to update incredibly important packages.

> industry forums for gamers
> Linux distributions such as CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora and Arch.
Wat?

They know the stocks' going to take off. Drum it down now, buy low then the combo ZEN/Vega is unbeatable value. Stock through the roof.

>The issues are reportedly impacting Linux distributions such as CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora and Arch
More like Linux BTFO

>AMD targeted high-end gaming companies using Linux
For gaming servers? I get it.

>>The issues are reportedly impacting Linux distributions such as CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora and Arch.
>potential segment faults
Install Gentoo

This

>Segfault randomly happens when compiling

Everyone who installed Gentoo already did the trouleshooting for AMD

Russian hackers own it now.

>affecting loonix

meh, i only use windows.

Right on the money , it's all about money. Hope stock falls.

It's already fixed. HIDE FAKE NEWS.

>hope stock falls
>went up like 15% in the last 2-3 days

isn't that shit already solved?

Yes

is if they werent already selling that data. also comcast is buying verizon better stretch and lube that anus

Works on my arch linux

intel is currently in full on lockdown and panic mode because of ryzen.
sure it doesnt compete instructions per clock wise.
but it doesnt have to. its better multi-threading makes it much more valuable in the industry.
why buy a 3000$ intel cpu when you can buy a 900$ threadripper that beats it for your purposes?

Sup Forums only pays attention to what Goldman Sachs says, not what they do. What the master jews have been doing (as pointed out in this thread) is telling everyone AMD's stocks are overvalued and high risk while buying up shitloads themselves. It is straight up stock manipulation and Sachs are going to win big.

They fucking LOVE $AMD so much they've been stockpiling on AMD stocks for like past three month.
>HPE going AMD
Wew.

$AMD is at $13 now

What the fuck, it can't only be because of the Apple design win

12 days to EPYC.

>linux
Literally who cares.

Sure not amd, even before launching their server platform.

Literally nothing will come of all this fake news because nobody cares about l00nix. Ryzen still rips i5 a new one with gaymen.

This was already solved a few days ago with a GCC update. Nice try op.

> fake news
community.amd.com/message/2796982
> nobody cares about l00nix
ok
> Ryzen still rips i5 a new one with gaymen.
nobody was talking about this.

>bugs with new hardware that was rushed out the door
Jee wizz who could have forsaw that

care to point to changelog, please? Only workaround was found #echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/randomize_va_space (disable Address Space Layout Randomization) via this commit in dragonflybsd: gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/commitdiff/b48dd28447fc8ef62fbc963accd301557fd9ac20

So, about what version of gcc are you talking?

Not a problem with the hardware.

It's specifically calling out ryzen chips, how is it not hardware related

If you had any clue about programming you'd know. Don't you have a battlestation or homescreen thread to post in?

What's in 12 days?

>linux
aaaaaaaand nobody gives a shit

>know-nothing investors read about AMD's new main product having "problems"
>trying to wrap their heads around what a bug affecting linux compile jobs means for business
kek

>AMD stock tanks $2 due to rumormongering around a bug in a specific compiler on linux
t-thanks ..