Greatest fan company ever or just apple meme tier????

Greatest fan company ever or just apple meme tier????

Will this new a series be the greatest,or will magnetic fan blades be better?

They'd be good if they were half the price. Ten bucks of every fan is paying for branding, advertising, profit, and brown dye.

Good fans but overpriced. It's like redbull where they spend half of the drinks cost on braindead shit like extreme sports where people kill themselves doing stupid shit.

with how expensive they are and ugly they are to most people, they still buy them, there is really only one reason.

best fan + best warranty + non shit customer service

10/20 bucks is nothing, if the fan does better and avoids problems with other fans then I'm not going to cry over that trivial amount.

That's the thing though. Any decent ball-bearing fan is going to have similar specifications and reliability. You just pay more for the same thing with noctua.

except noctua has the best warranties, some of the longest warranties, and are literally silent. after having 2 on my cpu cooler, going to replace all fans when them when need be.

Scythe is just as good if not better for half the price

Japan wins again

The official fan brand of LindyBeige.

Not all ball bearings are created equal, you get what you pay for.

and notably worse preforming in everything but sound, you get what you pay for.

you want the best, you pay a premium, if you are willing to skimp, you pay less and receive less.

>buying meme fans

>Not 3d printing a fan with the 3d printer you built at the start of college and using cheap motors to get it working efficiently.

this is what optimal pc cooling looks like. you may not like it but this is it.

I know you need to somehow justify buying overpriced products by conjuring alternative realities in your mind, but please take into consideration that Scythe fans deliver similar air flow at similar noise levels and are rated similarly in durability if we're talking double ball bearing models. The only things not similar are the colouring and the price.

>Lasko

this is indeed the true brand of case fan

where your case is your server room.

keep telling yourself that.

I'm not telling myself anything, I'm judging by the numbers only, not fee-fees of regret of buying overpriced shit.

looks like scythe fan

so after 5 years of development, their discovery is that the closer the fins are to the shroud, the better. lol

they also discover fins expand so the closer the find are to the shroud,and the longer it is run the more likely they colide gg

Warranties are worthless. They wouldn't be hyped so much (or pushed as an extra-cost addon for a lot of electronics) if they were a good value for the consumer. Besides, you'll spend as much shipping the fan around for a replacement as its value. Yknow, if they honor it at all. I've never had a manufacturer RMA that wasn't like pulling teeth. The whole point is that the warranty increases the average selling price to suckers like you, and then they weasel out of doing anything as a result of it.

>companies that stand behind their products are worthless

fucking kike

>5 dollar shipping
>for 10-30 dollar fan
>stop believing in warranty goy

>"standing behind their products"
that's called marketing, user, and its purpose is to deceive you. Its goal is to generate a positive emotional response to the product so that you'll either buy it when you otherwise wouldn't, or be willing to pay more than you otherwise would for it.

It's funny that you're calling me the kike when I'm the one telling you to never believe a word any corporation says to you.

You just send them a pick of a fan,and a broken fin and they send you a new one you kike.

>oy bey, race to the bottom barrel so you need to rebuy your fans every build because that grinding noise that warranty from the (((other)))) company is emotional!!!

Just get an Arctic Cooling fan. You'll upgrade your rig before its warranty runs out.

>buying into gamer shit
>buying rebranded shit
>not buying actual fans used in servers an hpc environments

>ctrl+f
>no sp120
Wtf is wrong with you people
You can get a twin pack of some of the best fans ever for like the same price as these memes

These are shit. I have two 140s in front for air intake and they're loud as fuck on mid power.

>buy a graphics card for $1000
>install it in system, boot, start a game
>graphics card starts smoking, computer shuts off
>boy, it's a good thing I listened to that user on Sup Forums and specifically waived my warranty at purchase because warranties are worthless marketing tools

You seriously need to stop and understand how fucking retarded you sound.

>______ wouldn't be hyped so much if they were a good value to the customer

I mean really, I want you to step back and tell me the last time any company didn't highlight what they do well in order to sell more shit. That doesn't mean they're lying about it, you dipshit. In actual fact, there are laws that prevent companies from lying about their products.

You are free to make the case that Noctua fans are a bad value, and you might be right, but you blew your own argument out by being a fucking moron.

you just describe apple

Whine bad at high RPM, I could tell my CPU temp by whining alone.

Europe makes the best ball bearings, I'll pay the premium for noctua. Plus their customer service actually exists, try that with any other fan maker.

I've got x3 120mm fans + noctua heatsink.
I call it the grand noctua bulldozer. Nothing can top it.

They are literally dog shit. They move so little air it's laughable. I had a case stuffed with 8 of them. Eight! And I still had temperature issues on a shitty APU.

If you're on a stock or crappy heatsink then fans won't save you

I don't know about you, but I don't like my computer sounding like I just started up a turbine engine and I'm about to hit cruising altitude.

They are good fans, for a server rack. Not a PC.

GO NOCCY GO

YOU CAN DO IT

It was a hyper 212. Two in the front, two in the bottom, for intake. Two on top, one on the back. And one on the side for exhaust.

Noctua's RMA process is sending them a photograph of the old fan with a blade snapped off, and then they ship you a free replacement.

Looks like they basically copied the Gentle Typhoon since it was the superior fan.

What numbers?
Numbers you pulled out of your ass?

>SP120
>not ML120
Gay

Love these fans, just wish they were pwm.

The higher RPM ones are with a little soldering.

Also Darkside versions are PWM

Ten bucks of every fan is the accessories it comes with and the unrivalled six year warranty. They don't even make you return the fan to them if something goes wrong, you just snap a blade off, send them a picture and they mail you a brand new fan straight away. No shipping charges or anything.

Enjoy your "savings" on your cheap garbage fans.

I have D9L with my i7 6700K. it's quiet and cool

Meme tier. Plenty of other no-name fans out there which are just as good and quiet.

I have one of these blowing on me right now. The exact same model and brand.

230v@12w metal blades and frame

topkek

never worry about case ingress again it will just chop whatever gets in its way

overpriced shit, quite honestly.

scythe, arctic cooling or gelid for me.

these are fucking loud.

>>these are fucking loud.
*blocks your path*

>40mm fans
>40
>mm

I buy them because they look cool.

>I buy them because they look cool.
>they look cool

[[[[[[[usted]]]]]]]]]

>not 40mm

I bought into the Scythe meme for my previous build, both 120s ground to shit in a year.

Replaced them with Noctuas, still going strong 5 years later.

But you can literally just send them a photo or video of your broken equipment along with a proof of purchase and they'll send you a replacement for free.
Why are you such a kike?

That's because you bought their Slipstreams which are sleeve. Any sleeve fan will go bad pretty quickly. Scythe is more known for rebranding the Gentle Typhoons which are the best rad fans you can buy and they're cheaper than overpriced Noctua.

Really made me think.

>amazon
>euro

Well PC shit is always inflated and backwards there so not surprised. I bet I could find it cheaper than amazon even then but I'm too lazy.

>That's because you bought their Slipstreams which are sleeve. Any sleeve fan will go bad pretty quickly.

I've had my Slipstreams for about 5 years now, still as good as new.
But I run them at under 500rpm most of the time (outside of gaming).

>But I run them at under 500rpm

Well that's probably the reason. Also it's really easy to fix a sleeve fan honestly. Just take some bearing oil and they'll spark right up again. I did that with some 6 year old Slips I had.

>Slipstreams
Bingo. But it was a combination of many review sites plus Sup Forums's memeing that convinced me they were the best value for the money and would last forever.

Companies like Fractal, Noctua, Arctic etc. that are European companies may in some cases have lower prices for Eurofags.

That's because you're looking at new old stock being served by resellers. The Gentle Typhoons are made by Nidec Servo Corporation and were rebranded by Scythe, but that business relationship disappeared years ago. These days the best source of GTs is DarkSide. Not only do they still distribute the GTs, they order them with plain black fan blades, and even PWM enabled versions of them. They're a little cheaper than the Noctua P12s, which I only used for comparison because it seems that Performance PCs doesn't even carry the F12s at the moment.

I actually even buy scythe fans here

sucks living in 3rd world canuckistan

Just re-lubricate them and they'll run just fine. Also back when Slipstreams were the go to fans Noctua didn't even exist. There was less choice then. Later on Yate-Loons became the go to for cheap sleeves.

theyre the best but they sure charge for it, then they pull jewish tricks like making their black fans more expensive

Are these worth it or just usual overpriced corsair shit?

>5 years to make a fan
>1 more year for the 140mm version because the blades keep hitting the frame when they expand

Noctua = JUST

just buy be quiet pure wings 2 for 8 bucks and be done with it

They used to be cheaper but they went out of production a while ago I think. I bought them for like €10 a piece a couple of years back for my rads.

Noctua make excellent fans though, the PWM redux ones I have as casefans are super quiet and they were only €11 or so. Unlike the shitty corsair fans they replaced which started to rattle and grind after only 1 year.

Best for sure and if you actually understand the what and why of this fan you will understand that is truly is special. Any similarities to other fans are only because of how the designs are due to the resistance of air and the pressure they want for it's intended use on radiators. Combined with the special polymer similar to kevlar so that the blades don't deform at all lead to tighter performance and clearance which reduce noise and increase performance especially over a long period of time which won't lead to a decrease or failure.

They would be Apple tier if they released the same design with a slightly different frame every year at an increased price while reducing the fan blade amount instead of releasing products at the apex of their design.

but why the god awful color?

It's the one way to be truly unique in such a niche market. Anyone who knows anything knows what a Noctua fan looks like from a mile away. It's a sign of quality and consistency with only the ricer LED on everything faggots whining about it.

At Noctua they don't talk of this.

I spent just over £200 filling my case (Lian Li PC-09WX) with Noctua industrials (10 of them, inc. the two on the cooler, to be specific)

I regret nothing

I C E C O L D

Because they don't give a shit about gaymer kids who want a faggoty color-coordinated PC. When you see a build with Noctua fans you can ID them instantly, it's called brand recognition.

Do you keep your case in a walk-in refrigerator?

That's because the $5 shipping they'd have to refund you is more than the product is worth.

It's so they don't have to have an entire team working on returns and just let customer support handle it case by case.

No!

Setup's a bit weak, atm, but it's coming together

>take screenshot of temps just after first boot
>temps are magically below room temperature
>LOOK GUYS HOW COLD MY GEAR CAN GET MY COOLING SOLUTION IS SO SUPERIOR

True, final and ultimate greatest fan company ever to grace our good earth coming through.

Those are literally my average temps just generally web browsing etc., user
>implying it ever gets turned off

Oh yeah? Then go on and show your uptime together with those temps, you goon.

not him, but it's an open air case with ten fans, c'mon, it's not exactly a stretch.

If I could set up a remote cooling solution (Water cooling loop to liquid-to-liquid heat exchanger, liquid-to-liquid heat exchanger to radiator outside or in another room), I'd absolutely use some baller-ass Deltas. Having to sit in the same room as them? No thanks.

dammit I'm still waiting for the ultimate fan meme, the sandia cooler. Pic related. It doesn't pick up dust

I'm going through my local resellers, and the only brands selling cheaper fans are Arctic, Noiseblocker, and all the chink ones. Everyone else is selling their gayman fans significantly more expensive. It's easy to be cheaper when everyone else went into the rgb meme.

Yes Corsair, fuck you and your 30€ 120mm fans

Embrace the noise and you will know true peace.

Then it shouldn't be hard for him to provide what I asked for, right?

You must be American. It's reading 17 real people degrees. That's 62 bald eagle degrees. That's not possible unless the room is far from a comfortable temperature.

>dammit I'm still waiting for the ultimate fan meme
Some company released one of those. It was shit but I do think it was super low profile.

I snagged a cable on one of my fans during assembly and had to patch it up with electrical tape, but now I know this, I'm going to get a return

cheers user

But Noiseblocker makes fantastic fans. If they're cheaper, get them.

eh, kept spiking when I grabbed a screenie, but still works

HDD is being suspended via bungee cord now, hence that discrepancy in general

also, I live by the coast in Cornwall, it gets pretty cold