What computer case is everyone using?

So what type of case do you like? Full or mid tower? Full/micro ATX or mini-ITX?

Pic related is what I'm considering for the Vega build I'm planning. Post cases you have/like Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

promotions.newegg.com/nzxt/17-3926/index.html?cm_sp=Homepage-Top2016-_-P8_nzxt/17-3926-_-//promotions.newegg.com/nzxt/17-3926/1920x360.jpg&icid=399946
streacom.com/products/f12c-chassis/
amazon.co.jp/Fractal-Design-Define-CS4987-FD-CA-DEF-R5-BK/dp/B00Q9SHZMI
amazon.co.jp/SAMA-左側面がフルアクリルパネル-のATXマザー対応ミドルタワーPCケース-JAX-02W-kurosuke/dp/B01AXJQVFK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My corsair 400r is getting a little older but I still really like the aesthetic and the features are still top notch

I dislike the common meme cases because theyr price does not match what they have to offer.

I use zalman z9 neo for 30$ [may be 21% cheaper in usa because we got tax]

Sadly I do not have this temp glass option but acrylic window because + version was not made at the time of purchase.

10/10 case can fit 160mm cpu cooler easy.

Silverstone FT02. Expensive but by far the best case on the market.

Fractal r4
And a fractal nano s

One reason why I picked this is because my cable managment is pure shit,and this type of case does not really allow you to do something wrong with cables.
There is whole part of case behind then one you see ti hide them.

Corsair C70 Vengance in black with the grey trim painted white.

The Nano S is high on my list as well. I want something without windows which is also a plus since they offer one. They're a nice price too.

I switched to the Dan A4 SFX from the Ncase M1 because I still find it too big for transport.

Pic related. It's a mid tower but it's fucking huge and heavy. Thinking about getting one of these

promotions.newegg.com/nzxt/17-3926/index.html?cm_sp=Homepage-Top2016-_-P8_nzxt/17-3926-_-//promotions.newegg.com/nzxt/17-3926/1920x360.jpg&icid=399946

I was a bomb troop in the Air Force for a while, and the Military Green has always been an idea for me. I nabbed an explosives warning placard before I got out that I consider putting on the side of it if I should get one.

What do you have inside it if you don't mind me asking?

What build do you have in the nano S? I have the Fractal R5 Define.

cpu.gpu.cooling solution,psu,motherboard,memory,ssd

I use 15mm thick Seagate 4TB laptop drives. So I have 9TB+ inside the case. Who needs a NAS?

I prefer micro ATX and ATX but I had to build a mini ITX computer for this case. I wish it was mini DTX, one PCIe slot is quite limiting.

I'm still using this old meme. Have my eye towards Define R5 for lower noise, easier filter maintenance and something to accommodate my PH-TC14PE. There's other cases that'll probably suit me, and it's not a pressing desire so I'll keep looking around.

I ordered v2 off of kickstarter. I thought there was just room for 3 2.5" drives. 2 on the bottom, and 1 on the front. There's room for a fourth?

My current chassis.

Gets the job done while being low profile, got it because at the time finding a PC with 4 front USB 3.0 with the proper 3.0 header cables was rare.

You can place an SSD on top of the 2 drives on the bottom, though it's tight. SSDs don't need to be screwed in anyway. That's what I did.
Another way is to use M.2. SATA drives.

Zalman hd160. I hate the knob but wanted a desktop. Also a fractal node 202 im waiting to build out next.

Any suggestions for really small mATX cases? I'm a bit new to this kind of thing.

shoebox

have both an ATX build with NZXT S340 and an ITX with a Fractal Design Nano S

Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass. Think it's pretty decent for the price.

matx is my fav, just enough space for me to need, want or give a shit about. despite this I use a phanteks p400s which was me giving into my want for some gaymer/rgb aesthetic which I got over pretty quickly and wanted to cram my pc back into closed off matx system. plus phanteks does not use standard size standoffs which piss me off.

Master Race here.

Rosewill 4U rackmount. It's not the most aesthetic I guess, but its easy to work on, cools well, and having my machines in a rack has made them more organized and easier to deal with.

which one do you like better?

Nano S for comfyness/less desk space necessary

NZXT for the looks and Mobo with more muscle.

can't decide.

A friend of mine asked me to build him a computer in this. I hate it. The color is tacky and the surface really shiny.

It looks like a coca cola vending machine from the 1950's

Samefag but I got red and black

I got this one with a mATX board inside with watercooling. I turned the window panel to face the wall because mesh panel is better for the GPU anyway.

I used to have that case,
it was huge as fuck and had a ridiculous amount of drive bays.

I moved to mATX and never looked back.

Fractal Define R5
Mid Tower.
I wanted a case that i could use across multiple builds, with enough space for any fan or radiator configuration, and easy to build in.

Might have gone with a Thermaltake - Core P3 when it was on sale since it looks very easy to work with.

I hate this case.

I've been wanting to switch to that case and an mATX motherboard for my next upgrade. I'm not really using anything on my ATX that isn't on an mATX, does it make sense to switch?

What case looks really really really really nice
Has good airflow
And costs

Currently using a CM Elite 430 since it was basically free after MIR.

Shit has no cable management and gets dusty all the time. Next build is definitely going to be a Fractal Design case.

Computex has some new budget cases with glass sides.

the silverstone RL06 comes to mind for top airflow, looks are up to you, the case might look great with the right premium rgb fans. also look into the Phanteks enthoo pro m.

I recently got this for my new build, I love it.

The only complaint i have is the receded motherboard tray, the rubber grommets make cable management awkward; it's at an angle whereas the ports on the motherboard are straight. it's so annoying.

other than that, I used to have a 200R.

I have this case and love it but it's getting to be bit too cumbersome whenever I need to open it up due to it's size. I'm definitely gonna go for m-atx or itx when I upgrade.

Got this for my mATX build.
I'd say that it is great for the price, got it for like $40

My only con is that it is a bit big for a mATX, IMO and could use space better in some cases. Also the airflow for the fron intake is lacking, my fans are starving for air bit. Also missing some airfilters. The construction quality is very good for the price and the sidepanel has a bit of a dark tint, which looks good and gives it a neutral look.

Probably wouldn't buy again because of the size. That said i think my next build will be ITX. Love some SFF

Shit, just realized that the image name is not the name of the case.

It's Corsair 88R
Would recommend if on a budget, just make sure to have some Static pressure fans lying around.

Build quality isn't that great. Soft screws easy to strip. The screws for the psu bracket were too tight so I stripped it with a brand new screwdriver. It made building worse than necessary. Probably do matx next time.

I have had this Corsair 400c Compact for a couple months and it's aight. Good airflow, looks good and minimalistic with mild flare. bought it because I liked how compact it was for full atx. However, after owning 5 Fractal cases the quality of the corsair is lacking in my opinion in comparison. I also got real used to all the sound dampening in Fractal cases, which this Corsair doesn't have.

Had the Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout for a little over a year. Nice quiet case although one of the USB-3 slots died after about a week and has never worked since.

rec me some cheapo budget matx case with an odd bay

Didn't want to spend money on a case so I just screwed my mobo into the wall with anchors

Did I do good?

Pics or it didn't happen.

I'm big boned. What case would be good for self-maintaining components for a person with large hands?

a hard case of diabetes

Should I go for cooler master mastercase pro3 or fractal design mini c for my next build?

PROBLEM WITH ITX IS MY SOUND BLASSTER Z WONT FIT

CAUSE NO 2ND PCIE SLUT ABOVE X16 ONE

>I'm big boned
No, you're fucking fat. Stop lying to yourself. Don't sugar coat your words, because then you'll just eat them too, fatty.

Mine has no side window. Still haven't picked up a slot loading DVD drive...

TFW we'd rather detail with memes and douchebag very instead of talking tech on the tech board

silverstone sg13b-q

400c

This is the case I currently own. Got it on a combo sale on Scan in 2014, back when they used to have pretty good deals.

I really want to build a ITX system with the Nano S, but the air cooling issues is such a fucking shame. Could purchase a SFX PSU, but I don't think the cables would be long enough

I'm thinking of just building a Micro-ATX system with the Define Mini C in the near future.

catyay

I had HAF 922 and had to carry it around a shitload during college

I had a negative reaction to that so now I have a bitfenix prodigy with handles except now that I'm out of college I don't have to take it anywhere

Contact them, they'll likely send you a replacement part, maybe even free of charge.
At least that's what they did when my front jack started to malfunction two years after purchase

I've got a mid tower. I wish I would have gotten something else tho.

pic related

I had that case. Fully regret getting rid of it.

What did you replace it with?

ugly
ugly
ugly
your fan is upside down
it's nice.. but only 1 usb? srsly ?
ugly
kys
this is new level of uglyness
ugly
sux
it's ok
utter shit
shit
also shit
that too
nope
nope
kek
cheap shit
ugly
nope
UGLY as FUCK

Can't remember exactly, I think some lian-li piece of shit with reverse airflow.
I used to swap cases out once every 3-4 months. I've managed to stop and have been using a TJ08 for the last 5 years though, excellent mATX case.

Original S340 w/ red and black meme.

what's the best, cutest mitx case?

>CM 690 III is ugly
Tell me something I don't know. The picture is a bit of a lie, I have the side window version, which is still ugly.

It was my first build, and already mentioned, part of a pretty decent combo sale. It gets dusty quite easily though, which is quite annoying. Least the temperatures are decent.

Currently have a Fractal R4. Thinking of getting a case with horizontal motherboard placement for my next one.

Azza Solano 1000

>main desktop
Enthoo evolv ITX
>secondary desktop
Bitfenix Shinobi ATX
>htpc
Silverstone SG08 ITX
>server
Define R2 ATX

I'm thinking my eventual Ryzen build will be microATX.

Nice, I also like the TJ08. Not my favourite mATX case, but at least makes the Top 10.
But I'm curious, why did you swap cases out so frequently? I mean, personally it seems frequent.

Thermaltake

Great case, got one without the window as my living room PC.

I'd love to see what case you find aesthetic.

Anyone recommend a good ITX case for travelling? Needs to be one I can buy soon-ish. Was looking at the Dancase, the next model isn't coming out until January.

Needs to support a fullsize GPU and 3 or 4 2.5" HDDs. I can always velcro the last one if necessary.

The case I have now is a cheap piece of shit and while it fits in my luggage easily, the GPU is loose in it, so I don't trust it for airport handling.

I made a build in a Node 202 that I take with me. It barely fits in my backpack, but it supports full size GPU's and 2(?) 2.5" HDD's. Be prepared to pay the mITX premium with this case though.

Get a flat one like the Node 202. But it only supports 2x2.5" in the bracket, you can probably squeeze an SSD near the PSU cable area.

Fell for the HAF X meme back in 2011 and am still using it. To be fair it's an alright case. Offers plenty of room for HDs and the cable management system is neat. It's kinda loud though and it's heavy to lug it around.

Thinking of getting a Define R5 and doing a transplant into it, or doing a new build using a smaller motherboard and a liquid cooling unit.

I was considering pic related, be quiet pure base 600
Anyone got it ? any input ?
I already have read a few review, it seems quiet without sacrificing too much the cooling.
Any downside ? Stupid things about how the case is made ?

>Don't feed the trolls

Fractal Design Define C (with the sound dampening side panels - not the tacky window).

Very quiet and has great cable management.

How's the temperatures? Planning to get the Mini C version.

An old Chieftec Bravo that I've had for maybe 12 years now.
No reason to replace it.

Thanks, but the lack of HDD slots is a huge downside. I'll see if there's a possibility to squeeze more in.

If you use a smaller video card you can probably route the cables needed to put another HDD or two in the compartment the GPU is in

I currently have:

Streacom F12C
streacom.com/products/f12c-chassis/

Really nice looking HTPC case if you're into the Macish aestethic. Also has room for Atx motherboard, a Maxwell Titan and a couple of 3,5" hdds.

amazon.co.jp/Fractal-Design-Define-CS4987-FD-CA-DEF-R5-BK/dp/B00Q9SHZMI

Bought this one for my R7 1700 Ryzen build, mostly because I needed to harbour a shitload of hdds and also because I got fed up with

amazon.co.jp/SAMA-左側面がフルアクリルパネル-のATXマザー対応ミドルタワーPCケース-JAX-02W-kurosuke/dp/B01AXJQVFK

Decent for the price I guess but pretty clunky to build in, and just not space for enough hdds

Are there any mATX cases with room for 6 SSDs and perhaps slots for water cooling, and aren't fuckhuge boxes?

The closest I found are some Lian Li cases, but they don't have spaces for radiators.

Fractal R4

Solid case, only weak thing is front panel

I have this shit

Its heavy as fuck, you cant remove the top cage
it has no rear ssd slots
the front fans are 120mm
fan controller is a fucking meme
the chimney is the biggest meme ever fuck that shit
it has fuck all space behind the mobo tray, so hard to cable manage
its huge
the legs go off after moving it a few times if you dont tighten the screws on them
fan filter on bottom comes out the back
all intakes are about 85% blocked by plastic or shitty fan filters, not good fan filters
cant use top exhaust fans because it will re-circulate air (its not closed off towards the front)

fuck this case, and fuck nanoxia

why the fuck is no one making an mATX case with 2x 140mm front intakes, 1 140mm bottom intake, 1 140mm rear exhaust, 1 side 140mm mount and 2x 140mm top mounts?

fuck everything, even if someone did that they would add a fucking cd drive tray because muh fuck you

In general, I like small things (yes, especially small dicks), but when it comes to computer cases I think bigger = better.

I've had mini-itx pc's and smallish mid-size ATX pc's in the past and they're a goddamn hassle to work with. It's hard to shove things in and cables get in the way. It's the worst. I like a huge case where there is a lot of free open space. Life just becomes so much easier.

anyone know of a good "silent" case that has a good balance between airflow and noise reduction?

I think I'm finally ready to move on from my old p-183

Define R5