Do you have a fascination with geography?

Do you have a fascination with geography?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fennoscandia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Africa
>Asia
>Australia
>America
>Antarctica
>...
>Europe

Reminder that Europe is a political construct and not a fucking continent.

Also, yes, slightly.

Yes, I love looking at world map and our local map. I can stare at a world map for 30 minutes without getting bored at all.

haha scandinavia looks like such a penis :D

svalbard is pretty interesting tho

Europe clearly protrudes from Asia and has specific boundaries. It's a continent.

why isn't Scandinavia a continent then?and what about Arabia?

Europe is big enough

t. retard

Europe is a political construct. Geographically, Europe is connected to Asia and Africa, hence Afro-Euroasia. Even by going with the idea that continental plate boundaries determine the boundaries for continents makes Europe and Asia one continent.
Therefore, Europe can't be a geographical construct, but instead a political/social construct to differentiate white people with non-whites and christianity vs. non-christianity, etc.

more like cultural construct

Me too. Old maps are even better, so you can see what they knew at that time.

please replace Scandinavia with Fennoscandia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fennoscandia

Not really, no

American/10

The older, the better. How one's country changes its political border through time is very interesting.

I used to be then I figured it's pretty pointless

No I'm not autistic like most of Sup Forums

The fuck do I care about peninsulas archipelagos and island shits?

yes

Yeah I can learn about all the different places where cunts live

>No I'm not autistic like most of Sup Forums

Sup Forums is full of scholarly men who discusses philosophical things and shit, you should go there instead. Sorry if geographies and actual Sup Forums-related discussion counts as "autism" in your own vocabulary.

Stay pleb and go to Sup Forums

You did not address he context of what your responding to.

If something in reality has been constructed in someone's mind politically and has been propagated politically, that does not necessarily mean the conclusion is false.

Europe is not a non-continent because it is connected to others. The first time in history that lands were named continents was when the Americas and Oceana were discovered after centuries of geographical study only dealing with connected continents.

Tectonic plates are useful for geology, not general observation based geography.

The fact that Europe is connected to other continents and has been used for political reasons does not sufficiently disprove its status as a continent.

I could say glass can injure people while being biased against sand and sand made materials but that wouldn't make me wrong that glass injures people.

The conclusion that the very concept of Europe being a continent is a racially/culturally based issue is both a black-and-white fallacy and a politically based conclusion.

i'm obsessed with political geography, it's what drives me to waste so much time on this board

rare

Sorry bud but I ain't no fan of animu. Lmao nigga I know more shit than most users here but I choose not to be an autist and I actually choose to have fun

I hope you are serious and not joking/using sarcasm, because I totally understand what you mean and feel the exact same way.

another collector

Old maps are great
I live in the middle of London, I sometimes look at old maps of my area and wonder what it looked like

It's strange how it was all countryside at one point

>guam rare

Summer sure is nice.

My village 100 years ago, oldest map available.

No sarcasm. I love detailed world maps pinned with bunch of randomly-located cities. I guess I had Civ4 to blame for giving ne this kind of unusual interest that I had towards maps

I like how this map splits up the world

if you liked geography you wouldn't use a crop of the fucking mercator projection when posting a map of europe