Tor

What are the cons of installing the torbrowser (torbrowser-launcher for linux) ?

Other urls found in this thread:

cs.nyu.edu/trackmenot/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pros:
- u can hack fbi

cons:
- u can get vanned

The NSA will flag you as suspicious person for even googling about tor, yet alone installing it.

If more people searched and downloaded it, NSA would lost track on serious guys.

pros:
It's Tor
cons:
It's Tor

I trust the NSA more than I trust Facebook and Google Inc.

This is why everyone should google tor randomly.

Shit one script I've been meaning to write is to randomly google random things (trying to avoid the obvious terrorism things) to fuck over monitoring. Google learns who you are by what you search, and so if you search a whole bunch of random crap as well, your legit searches will get lost in the noise.
I think the script should come as default on all browsers, too. After I've written it of course.

But really it's a script that I could hammer out in less than an hour. Just get a suitable wordlist, and the http request that google searches use, throw in a randomiser and you have a basic script.
I'd throw in more advanced things like some kind of detection of your browser's google search http requests so it actually masks them.

You could just use startpage instead, but actively fucking with google's data collection is so much more satisfying.

You'll be on a government watchlist

You'll be lulled into a false sense of being anonymous and secure

Terrorists don't even use tor any more, they use whatsapp and facebook.

And what the shit is Signal?

You'll enter a dissident list, not a terrorist one.

No, you enter a terrorist list. Because then they can use those fancy laws and tools and violation of rights they have for 'terrorists'.

Lol its funny and sad because hes true you know.

the main con is that it makes a false sense of security. yes it increases security but therers still a few vunerabilities in it especially with nodes. Now tails os on the other hand. It had non free software installed as well as enabling javascrip[t in its version of tor,so theres vuneraabilities in that

Can't you just get the search historic of a public library?

How can you do anything without javascript?

pros:
- you can run the software, if you wish

cons:
- it takes up space on your hard drive

It's for pedos or edgy teens, nothing else

They specified that they include non free software to increase the compatibility with a wide range of devices.

What if you're a dissident of some fucking dictatorship and want to protect your browsing?

I heard they fuck your ass without lube and throw you in a jail if you use Tor in Chinkland.

you can still do a lot without javascript

which is a vunerability in itself

>which is a vunerability in itself
can't they sandbox that shit tho?

pros:
>you can browse websites without jewgle and kikebook tracking your activity with scripts and whatnot

cons:
>you will realize every other website on earth is hosted on by cloudflare jews and you'll have to solve jewgle captchas to access those websites
>pic related

There's already an addon for Firefox and Chrome that issues random searches
cs.nyu.edu/trackmenot/

no? you can sandbox drivers or else the device wont work, unless you add some layers that arent there. should use linux libre imo

Are you retarded or what? In that kind of country just writing tor in google (or whatever is allowed in your shithole) is enough to send you to jail. Tor has no use outside of developed countries and only highly disturbed people use that shit.

>writing tor in google (or whatever is allowed in your shithole)
google uses https retard

This is true but very ineffective. The list of spook words is so vast and generic that real suspicious activity is obscured.

This is why mass-surveillance doesn't add anything to security, only inconvenience.

thats why the next step has to be making certain words illegal to google

That would only making things worse for surveillance agencies because now they need to start prosecution of a shipload of people.

>FOX NEWS reports on hackers using tor and """the dark web"""
>sudden spike in google searches by millions of morons who watch fox news

threshold.

If someones googled more than 10 illegal words they get an automatic fine, more than 50 and they get jail time

>how to access charlottes web

>Using Google

Yet people in Syria, China, Cuba, etc. Have used Tor to send documents and shit overseas.

Maybe (you) don't see any use for Tor outside of your child porbography, but the rest of the world uses it for legitimate reasons.

i know aobut the other two but what syria leaks have we got?

>outside of your child porbography
I don't use it at all and so everyone sane on this planet. Just leave your shithole instead of sending fake leaks about things noone beside burgers give any fuck.

Are you playing devil's advocate or do you actually think this is a good idea?

>tfw using tor
>labeled terrorist
>i use it to learn facts about cats randomly because they're the only thing that keep me alive
Its not fair

It makes sense, since certain activities only have illegal outcomes. Its the same reason information is restricted in the firstplace, as well as what weapons are allowed and what weapons are not allowed.

>t. Ignorant on the creation and function of criminal law

Download from their site and write opening script.

I used tor six months later my ISP blocked it, and yeah I guess I'm in a list now

how can they see if I use it?