After zen, zen +

After zen, zen + ...
Amd new arch
Will Amd make same mistake as bulldozer not hiring this guy

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/extreme/214568-jim-keller-amds-chief-cpu-architect-leaves-the-company
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

AMD can't tame the keller. Nobody can.

Hes not for permanent hire, only temporary contract.

Zen was designed and lead by Mike Clark, Keller was in charge of tooling and team management.

We have Zen, Zen2, and Zen3. That'll carry us into 2020.
Its known that AMD was already well into working on Zen2 back in May of 2015. Here we are midway into 2017, they're undoubtedly working on Zen3. They either already have a successor arch planned out, or they'll refresh and further tweak Zen3 until they have a viable X86 replacement ISA.

[citation required]

What if K12 derivative is zen sucessor

They won't need to.

They have Nazar Zaidi who was working on a 64bit ARM architecture before Broadcom got bought out. Before that his biggest project was working on Intel Itanium X86 compatibility.

Just looking at his resume tells you a lot of where AMD wants to go. And a version of Windows on ARM with full X86 compatibility means they likely want to wreck shit with skybridge.

AMD doesn't have Keller anymore. Can they survive?

Contract Keller is only hired for a kill then moves on.

Yes they can. He set the base and they have to build on it. He left AMD before Zen was in its final stages.

This is the main Zen design team.

If intel manage to make comeback on it new arch in 2021, Amd is finish. I doubt those engineer without keller touch will do anything, beside bulldozer 2.0

JIM KELLER

JEM KILLER

JEW KILLER

Intel doesn't have a good history with creating new arch. They've struck gold only twice in their entire history, and have had dozens of train wrecks. Dozens more examples of total mediocrity.

CERTIFIED

>m68k didn't become the dominant arch
I fucking hate this timeline

>power is dope but very few options for a consumer

I just want a PPC BSD machine for max comfy

SHIT

>not Alpha
what are you doing

-SAVED!

What Linus Torvalds has todo with CPUs???

Amd mistake always making shit that dont work now but better in future. i'm shock they don't include Avx 256. this why zen design approach so good, thank keller

Nice English, Moshe.

KIMI GA ZEN ZEN ZEN

That's enough of that.

user, Zen was made by Mike Clark.

a real contract keller

>j-just wait

JUST WAIT for 2021!!!

lmao

isn't that guy in the back left from who's line is it anyways?

>He just came back and help AMD just for the shits and giggles and now he’s working for Tesla’s autonomous vehicle division.

That’s how based the Shitwrecker is

Keller was in a management position, he wasn't designing Ryzen while at AMD.

He was AMD’s chief CPU architect. He designed Zen(now Ryzen) and AMD’s ARM-based K12 CPU.

Sauce:
extremetech.com/extreme/214568-jim-keller-amds-chief-cpu-architect-leaves-the-company

2 Pajeets, 7 white males, 1 woman.

+1 Keller

+1 Asian CEO

He already quit AMD.

His job is done.

WRECKER

> Keller, we have goal
> "which is?"
> 40% IPC improvement
> *delivers 50%
> moves to Tesla