Hiro Jewing Sup Forums

I just noticed Sup Forums pages starting to grab XML requests from this site
First time I see that, doesn't seem to happen in any other page I visit, only Sup Forums. It wasn't (and isn't) on trash yet, but it sure is on Sup Forums, Sup Forums and /vg/.
Threads have been started across the other affected blueboards and Sup Forums. This is a containment thread

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/subudeepak/9897212
gist.github.com/anonymous/2817663df6d7eb8103d6c9936005fd88
skillcrush.com/2012/07/19/tracking-pixel/
youtube.com/watch?v=S9kN0pct-Q8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how do i stop it

Browser? Also just block the domain you baka

Other threads on this topic
The consensus is to use uBlock or uMatrix.
and add this to your uBlock Origin filters:
||ekansovi.com$domain=Sup Forums.org

Just use noScript and uBlock Origin. Before m00t sold there were a few scripts and ad sites, nothing big. After the sale I was surprised to see dozens of new scripts and ad sites added. Hiro has no qualms about intrusive shit the way m00t had.

I saw this yesterday but what the fuck does it even mean? I don't understand shit.
>Sup Forums pages starting to grab XML requests from this site
What is an XML request and why is it bad that a site grabs it from itself? It makes sense that a site's pages have access to the site's stuff doesn't it?
But if you block the domain how will you even browse Sup Forums?

What does this mean? I don't understand shit about Sup Forums stuff
t. /tg/

uBlock Origin -> Open Dashboard -> My rules
* ekansovi.com * block

If you want to block websockets you can do the following. (this will break compatibility with some sites)
uBlock Origin -> Open Dashboard -> My filters
||ws://
||wss://

Can't into websockets?
gist.github.com/subudeepak/9897212

You're welcome fgts

break it down for us
t./k/ommandos

>people posting this all over Sup Forums dragging all the scum to Sup Forums

if you are not from Sup Forums get out

So I remember downloading and installing ublock some time ago but it didn't work

How do you configure it?

They all can parrot the same things about how it works and how to block it, but nobody can explain why it's bad. It's really nothing, just another cookie.

so not ATF/MI5/jews?

Someone posted the script that the runs from ekansovi.com
gist.github.com/anonymous/2817663df6d7eb8103d6c9936005fd88

It basically checks to see what board you're on and if you're on certain ones it creates a tracking pixel, a 1 pixel image, and stores on your computer.

More about tracking pixels here skillcrush.com/2012/07/19/tracking-pixel/

So it's just another ad thing? Not really that big of a deal.

does Sup Forums have some kind of superiority complex now? you guys have been one of the worst boards on the site for the past 6 or so years.

Yup. Basically just an ad/tracking thing. I don't know why OP is concerned about this specific one. There's about 3 other tracking scripts that Sup Forums runs now if you don't have javascript disabled

>t. botnet trying to convince people this is ok

Its pretty sad. You cant even ask questions anymore and expect to get an answer. You can have 40 replies with 0 answers these days.

But you gotta consider that these fucking degenerates have a lot of questionable content to hide on their computers, so anything that has the word tracking in it is a boogeyman for them. If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear.

>t. shill

>worst boards
>because we wont answer your stupid questions without mocking you

more like because the board isn't funny or interesting in the least anymore. the catalog consistently has 1 or 2 decent threads at any given time.

That's because neo Sup Forums actually doesn't know shit about computers. They couldn't answer if they wanted you, but they have to keep the facade. They do know about smartphones and gaming processing units though; and other stuff with brands.

Please answer this

Which filter lists should I use for ublock?

Wow you sure showed him.

nice thread but check this out my dude

see

>install umatrix
>every site I use is now partially block and I have to unblock them one by one
fuck

Sup Forums is pretty bad but there are plenty of board way worse than it. I guarantee you come from one of those boards and think you're hot shit. Now fuck off.

Sure but I want to know

How do you install ublock origin? Which filters do you use?

Right click uBlock > Options > My filters > copy the domain from and paste on the big white box > Apply

At least, that's what I know.

Fuck off already asshole.

>How do you install
Just

Well first you should use uBlock Origin.

Two people developed uBlock and one of them split off, hid the program's source code, and sold out to ad companies, that's uBlock. The other guy stayed true and called his open source version uBlock Origin.

uBlock Origin is already configured to block a lot by default but feel free to use every list it comes with and add more if you need to. The easiest way is to right click an ad and hit the "Block Element" button which will create a filter for that element on that page.

do you actually expect a technology board to be funny? go back to wherever you came from you are not wanted here

Ok thanks

Which list do you recommend me?

You can't be serious.

no, you fuck off back to whatever srsfugnbsns subreddit you crawled out of

kys

>nuffing to hide nuffing to fear
Nice try FBI

Is there any advantage to using Privacy Badger over uMatrix, or should they be used in tandem?

what location?

>Clicking on a blacked out WEBM
>On Sup Forums
I feel sorry for whoever's going to click on it.

it wasn't that bad to be honest, I've seen worse

Not OP but this one is really suspicious. The tracker is being very secretive. They use an uncoventional method, their js is obfuscated and their DNS info is hidden.

Why do you need the "$domain=Sup Forums.org" part? Just filter "||ekansovi.com".

(You)

>le everyone is reddit maymay xD

you sure are convincing enough

Sorry for the dumb question, but why does everyone have a different line to filter this? Is it *.ekansovi.com or ||xhr.ekansovi.com^ or ekansovi.com$domain=Sup Forums.org or all of the above?

Which one should I use?

>being this much of a retard

get out and fuck off

use this :
||ekansovi.com

and if you want to totally block off websockets, use this:

||ws://
||wss://

fuck off idiot, you are cancer killing Sup Forums

nice

There are dozens of different lines you can use
They all work, some just work better than others
Some are more accurate than others.
* is a wildcard. By putting it before it you're blocking everything that has "ekansovi.com" on the end, eg; xhr.ekansovi.com

no the retards like you spoonfeeding morons is the cancer killing Sup Forums we dont want these retards here

eat a dick, nigger, this board is +18 only

im 30 and im not the one acting like a child

Yeah except these people are going out of their way to hide the fact they're tracking people.

It's not like regular trackers, it circumvents ublock, umatrix, etc. the code is obfuscated, the domains its connected to are all hidden

Just because it's an advertising company doesn't meant they're just figuring out how to target ads. We don't know what they're actually doing with the tracking info.

youtube.com/watch?v=S9kN0pct-Q8

surely you have a source user,right?

You don't even need the wildcard just do this and it will automatically block everything as if you had used a wildcard.

That's because Sup Forums is flooded with marketers trying to sell products. The entire front page is basically a magazine catalog of products to buy.

Here's something to try out:
Hide every thread on Sup Forums that involves buying a product of some kind. Whether it be a phone, chinkshit, computer parts, whatever.

What are you even left with?

Sup Forums is quite possibly the most heavily guerilla marketed board on Sup Forums.

>Sup Forums is quite possibly the most heavily guerilla marketed board on Sup Forums.
that's Sup Forums and Sup Forums but Sup Forums and Sup Forums are pretty close

I don't have it for some reason.

How do you detele this particular tracking pixel? Or is that even necessary once you got it blocked in ublock?

Its the poo in loo infestation. I wonder what flags would do here.

For some reason it doesn't show up there for everyone even if you successfully block it. Open the ublock log and check behind the scenes for the websocket entry.

This should do it, right? Didn't have the cookie when I looked earlier either.

Not there, unless I'm retarded.

* ||ekansovi.com^ * block

Should block it across all sites.

Click "behind the scenes" in that dropdown menu and load one of the affected boards

You need to select "behind the scenes" on the top drop down menu where you see the name of the thread right now.

Nevermind, I'm retarded, it's there.

Sup Forums I sorta understand from the dc/marvel garbage.
Sup Forums and Sup Forums I understand.
Sup Forums I do not.

Anyone? Everything has been covered very thoroughly in these threads on how to block this shit, but how do you actually get rid of the tracking pixel? Deleting the cookie isn't enough I would assume.

Sup Forums is owned by Jared Kushner, swaglord works at his newspaper and for an advertisement agency owned by some other kike
alex jones and that yianopoulos faggot get shilled there all the time as well

I'm tech illerate, how does this work? where is the cookie being stored? Is it an overreaction or no?

it should be gone after blocking ekansovi, deleting cookies, and clearing cache

It's more proof of hiro selling Sup Forums users data

idk noffing about i just stay with javascript as always

Everything's fine here. You must have some kind of adware installed.

Well it doesn't appear to be anything malicious if you mean that by overreaction. It's most likely just some sneaky ad bullshit. People are just a bit paranoid that it uses websockets to completely bypass noscript and ublock if you don't already have the right filter in place.

>Install uBlock origin
>Google itself is Yellow
Should i be surprised?

Botnet

Sup Forums has as much reach as MSM news services

Sup Forums is shilled because corporations and politicians want to control how people think and what they think

Trump is marketed on pol. They have threads up like 24/7.

Who feels a need to shill trump? wtf, his tower is made out of gold. He's president, why?!

How are you even posting without allowing script from google?

I blocked ws:// and wss:// but that shit still shows up in "Behind the scene"
Why?

ok

>Sup Forums has as much reach as MSM news services
Oh I'm laffin'.
Noticed by the post spacing that you might be lost, /r/TheDonald is that way champ!

Using NoScript I don't have this problem

Non-JavaScript captcha

Because behind-the-scene is whitelisted by default

v2 no script captcha got fixed?

>Non-JavaScript captcha
Wait what? How?

It can sneak past ublock, noscript and umatrix, that's why we are so paranoid about it in the first place. If you are on a board with ads, such as Sup Forums, you get it too, just check the ublock behind the scenes log.

I use noscript too and noscript can't even detect it for me. I know some people have it detected by noscript, but it seems really inconsistent.

No? If you block it, it's fine.

Do not listen to him.
It tracks every page you visit paired with your IP.

How can you lurk /tg/ if you can't even understand Sup Forums????