-don't just bump the thread, most people look for posts without replies

-take at least 10 seconds checking your problem with a search engine

Old one: (Cross-thread)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/7BbU22US
pixelbeat.org/fslint/)
anandtech.com/show/11182/how-to-get-ryzen-working-on-windows-7-x64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Am I able to bypass the iphone passcode on iOS 10 without having to fuck up the iPhone or use a computer?

Two bridged stereo amplifiers, one for each channel, is exactly the same as using two monoblocks, correct? Why can't I find a single answer for this?

what the hell is this?

It's a folder that I tried deleting along with a bunch of others, but for some reason this one didn't delete.

It won't let me open it, but if I create an archive through winrar, I can see the contents

???????????

My desktop has always had a wifi connection, would be helpful if it was wireless.

Is the easiest way to make it wifi compatible, is there anything to think about when buying a usb dongle type thing?

Should I buy ryzen instead of comparable priced intel cpus? From my understanding the industry is moving towards multi-threaded, many core optimization instead of clock speed optimization. If I plan to use the processor for a couple years, would I reap benefits from this change by purchasing ryzen? For months people have been saying wait on buying a new processor because ryzen should be dropping soon, but gaymen benchmarks still show intel's chips to be on top as far as fps/$

What is the most privacy focused linux distribution.

Can I use onboard software RAID for RAID5 with 4x 8TB WD Red hooked up via SATA 3Gb/s, or should I invest in a raid card?

Can I get a recommendation on a inexpensive RAID card? New, or used.

Trying to reduce used space with my setup. Are there any small speakers that someone could recommend? Also, tips on managing cables outside of the case?

So I'm going off to university this fall. I'm going to need a laptop obviously but I won't be able to take my desktop. Should I give up on the hope of being able to do any gaming up there? I'd heard MSI did some impressive things in the gaming laptop space last year but I don't know if that's just a bad meme or not. I'd rather not be gameless for the next three years. Any advice on what to look into?

>I won't be able to take my desktop
Why not?

Moving to Linux soon but need to clean up my drives of duplicate shit.

Are there any GOOD duplicate file finders, namely any that might be able to find dupes with differing file names (especially when looking at images or video files)?

Also, I'm still big on gayman but looking into making use of my computer. Would a Ryzen be the way to go, or a Threadripper? I couldn't do a passthrough because they don't have the vt-d anyway, right?

Just take your desktop, my dude.

Brother and I shared it so it's staying back at home + I'm doubling and there just doesn't look to be a ton of space justifying a desk, chair + setup. Plus I need it for class and shit anyway so I figured might as well.

This is a very relevant question, because if you want to be a cool gaymer dude playing the new shit you're going to be investing probably $2k or more into a laptop that's gonna be a heavy fuckin' thing.

Na nothing drastic like that. Street Fighter and Killer Instinct are probably the most demanding games and KI was 2013.

I plan on installing Windows 10 (legit) for the first time on a new SSD (Computer itself has been used before with pirated OS)
Will I have to put the drivers for motherboard, audio drivers etc. on a USB stick again and then install? Or will Windows 10 take care of that by itself? I heard something along those lines but I'm not sure if it really is as easy and smooth as they say.

Try deleting it using an operating system from the last 5 years or so

Nah Windows will find drivers it needs automatically in almost all cases, except probably video card and maybe realtek sound drivers. Motherboard drivers haven't been necessary for a long time

Are prebuilt RAID systems any good?

Ah okay, I remember having to install motherboard, chipset, network and audio drivers besides the video driver.
Have I been doing it wrong all the time?

Pretty cool that I don't have to do that anymore, so only a video driver and maybe sound driver I'll have to install?

Depends on the which Ryzen CPU versus which Intel CPU, but in the coming years, more and more cores will be utilized.

What are you looking at?

Does the cable length affect charging times for mobile phones? I've lost my original charger and I'm using a generic usb cable + usb extension cable. How much will this affect the charging time?

Windows 10 versions past 1607 (Anniversary Update) are pretty good at finding the drivers themselves.

How do I set up libcurl with MinGW properly, the best I'm able to get is pic related.

Or recommendations on a simple/good C++ (2000s+) library just for downloading / storing plain text shit from the internet (txt, html, json...).

so today while i was off at work my parents texted me saying they had a bunch of problems with the internet. so i tried to access my rutorrent online but couldn't connect and then i tried to ssh in and also could not connect. im dont really know if rtorrent was causing the problems and ive left it alone plenty of times before without any trouble, but im still a little worried that it may be a bit to aggressive so i want to do something about it. also it seems like a pretty good idea anyways

right now I allow connection through a tor hs only for both the ssh server and rutorrent because of the nat-punching abilities and because i already have tor connected 99% of the time anyway, so i figure some kind of shut-off could be based on that

tl;dr: how hard would it be to write a script that tells rtorrent to pause all traffic if tor doesn't say that it is connected, and then start seeding and stuff again once the connection is fine? i have no real programming experience

That's very nice, glad to hear that, saves me quite some work.
Thanks.

okay, i just updated my nvidia drivers for the first time in a year or so and apparently they removed shadowplay entirely. im so mad right now. is there something replacing that functionality or is it gone for good?
boot from an ubuntu LiveUSB and delete it from there.

What does usually mean if you keep blue screening before login?

I have an decently old pc with W10 (rip) and I can't get past the login screen and bluescreens before I can enable safe mode as well.

I thought it was a memory problem at first because the first time it crashed there was a gaym open and a bunch of browser tabs, but wouldn't it be flushed after restarting?

Webm For Retards gives me an error when I try to make a new webm file. I made one using the same video file 1 minute ago and it worked fine, but now it refuses.

Full text: pastebin.com/7BbU22US

I of course tried to close and reopen the program and it didn't work. Also if I click continue it's just frozen at the rendering process.

i'm trying to get into cryptocrap, but it says that i need to enable WMI when trying to run nicehash, even though WMI is already running and enabled on the computer.

My battlestation keeps tripping the breaker, what do?

whats the file and extension you are trying to put in webmconverter
try to reinstall microsoft net framework

avi file. Will try reinstalling microsoft net framework

Can someone recommend me a place to buy a domain name and find a host?

I have made multiple websites with databases but I have never had to actually buy a domain name and find a host for someone.
Preferably something cheap, and free as in freedom.

Tried reinstalling and then restarting but it's still not working.

Namecheap for domain.

Can you use a general-purpose programming language to write software for a domain that has its own domain-specific language?

Can anyone recommend me some relatively silent HDDs?

I'm still on Windows 7 and a Phenom II because I was waiting on the next good AMD CPU. It took a while. Now Ryzen is out, but doesn't support Win7. How fucked is the support? Is it just lacking optimization, or will it actually not work? Gaming is my primary concern. Is there a way to get Windows 10 to not be botnet untrustworthy shit? I'm going to install Ubuntu and learn that to start transitioning away from Microsoft's closed garden, but I've got over 1,000 games on Steam alone, and I don't want to drop those completely.

wd green.

If I have AAC/M4A files higher than 256kb, and I set iTunes to convert then to 256kb, is there a hugely noticeable difference? I feel like it'd only be a minimal difference.

Or say I got 320k mp3 files. Would those be affected in any way?

>wanted to leave SJWhub
>made an account on GitLab
>500 errors all the fucking time

Well, shit. What else is there? Is BitBucket any good?

Give it back Tyrone

it's windows 7

Recommend Computer Science books for someone who wants to learn things from scratch.

hi Sup Forums

i'm on win10 and using two different-sized monitors. one's a 1920x1080 monitor and the other is a 1024x768 TV screen. i'm wondering how to change the resolution of my TV to match my main screen. win10 did this automagically last week but then it stopped working and i can't figure out how to get it to change again. i go into display settings but it won't let me change the resolution of my TV

Either tails or qubes.

I want to rip my DVDs on my new HDD using Handbrake. Is there a consensus on which preset to use to achiev maximum quality?
Already did a quick search, unfortunately it wasn't conclusive because most is outdated or for a specific use case only.

Not sure if it has a windows version, but fslint (pixelbeat.org/fslint/) has worked well for me before with finding duplicate images with different file names, I'm sure it would work well for other files too.

for the past few days I'm getting this in AdAway and I get ads everywhere. help

is passwordless SSH necessary for OpenMPI?
is there a way to specify the password in lam-bhost.def instead?

Why is my Mozilla running faster than Edge? At first I thought it was my computer but everything else runs fine. I only have 2 add-ons but I have about 50 bookmarks.

What are PCI-e SSD drives for and are they needed?

Shit I meant Edge faster than Mozilla

Any idea what's going on here? I have a Lenovo Ideapad 500. AMD A10, 8gb RAM
Whenever I try to boot it, the screen just sits and is black. Sometimes, it will boot, and things will display, but it's usually black. Any idea what I can do to fix it? It's no longer in warranty and I don't have enough money to buy a new one.

Try running memtest.

how do i remove all this crap?

What's stopping me from signing up for google drive for business, or google compute engine?
$8/mo for unlimited drive storage is a steal.

I can add a fake company name for the free trial period, but will the dox me and cancel my plan once I start paying?

There might be something wrong with your file, you could try renaming it and if that doesn't work redownloading it.

OpenNIC is free as in freedom and price, but anyone wanting to use the domain needs to use their dns.

You should avoid converting lossy files to another lossy format because the increased compression will probably lead to bad quality.

Your TV might have a dedicated pc mode or something for higher res, you might want to check that.

Uninstall NSA/Fedora and install GNU/Linux

Does any way exist to recover deleted Internet Explorer logins/passwords?

When I was ripping DVDs I used makemkv then just compressed the mpeg2 mkvs it outputted using ffmpeg.

More speed.

Tried both and didn't work. It's just weird that I could do it before.

I guess you could try rebooting, and reinstalling .net and webm for restards.

How the fuck do you get shitty corporate Outlook email in Thunderbird? I remember beating my head on it a bunch of times and failing hard. """"Tech support"""" weren't very helpful either ("you can't, use the mobile app on the phone or use outlook and nothing else on PC"). But today I went to see my professor and he's using it.

What's the voodoo magic involved?

it's part of KDE right?

The hamburger menu in the upper left should have some options for editing widgets.

Only thing I haven't tried is reinstalling webm for retards

I don't think google will care if you are using it for personal use instead of business if you are paying them.

reeeee answer me, I dont care about your judgement.

Edge is super unstable and barely has any features, which apparently leads to speed.

Faster SSDs that are faster than the SATA port which is limited at ~550MB/s.

If you don't know, you dont need it.

anandtech.com/show/11182/how-to-get-ryzen-working-on-windows-7-x64

There's de-botnetting tools that supposedly work. Just make sure to not pay MS.

No. It is not possible. If you bought it get a refund or resell it, if you stole it give it back.

i literally just forgot my password.

Well even tried reinstalling avisynth, and still nothing.

Have you reinstalled webm for retards?

Yes

Assuming by cooperate outlook you mean an exchange server, then you will probably need an addon for thunderbird. If you're using Linux, I've heard that evolution has good exchange support.

Does webm for retards work on different video files?

Because it partially loads with the OS.

only to add widgets, it seems.

Namesilo for domain, search on LowEndBox for a cheap VPS.

Try right clicking the widgets on the desktop, or hovering over them, there should be a way to close them.

Nice, I'll try that out. Any windows recommendations?

I recommend uninstalling any Dot Net you can see in Add/Remove Programs, reboot, running the Dot Net Cleanup Tool (you gotta download it) and reinstalling.

The only sure thing for exchange is sadly outlook.

Maybe that folder contains some long ass filename that NTFS can't see

on the Debian system what is the difference between "/etc/apt/sources.list.d" and "/etc/apt/sources.list".

I'm trying to install virtualbox and the dipping Wiki mentions adding a source to the former that doesn't exist on my system. Are they the same? is sources.list.d exclusively for extra repositories?

Never ever use scaleway. Those jews are trying to fuck me with the 0.03€ invoice that I can't pay because of their shitty payment system.

Their vps services are insecure by design. No way to login and check the server's fingerprint before logging it via SSH. And this bug's report is open for three years without response.

sources.list is a text file that lists the system repos (and anything you add there) and sources.list.d is a directory for making more text files with repos.

How do I prevent the content of a folder from being searched in windows 7? And I'm not talking about indexing since I disabled that shit.

are video cards pretty universal nowadays?

Like if I got a GDDR5 1050, it would work with a DDR3RAM PC?

If it fits in the PCIe slot then it will work.