He didn't set up full system encryption on his laptop using LUKS

>He didn't set up full system encryption on his laptop using LUKS

There are people here who fit this description, aren't there?

You fucking disgust me.

FUCK OFF PEDOPHILE TERRORIST

just encrypt ~
/ is overkill

> random neutrino particle from outer space hits your hard drive
> flips a bit from 0 to 1.
> entire file system is fucked

Hahahahah. Home directory encryption masterrace.

>tfw you set full disk encryption
>tfw you get bit rot of a single bit due to cosmic rays
>tfw now all your partition can't be decrypted because of that one bad bit
>tfw you lost all your data for doing something pointless, because the cops can always lock you indefinitely until you disclose your passwords, and another attacking faction could torture you for it
>tfw you're an idiot for falling for a meme and you know it
>tfw no face

Not even my ~ is encrypted. I just have a folder set up at ~/Private that is encrypted.

>not using Intel SSD with certified FDE with 64digit ATA password
pleb
enjoy your cold boot attacks, not to mention viruses (the biggest one is nsa/windows itself) that can just read the password from RAM

>flips a bit from 0 to 1.
this is not how error correction mechanism work, retarded pleb
>entire file system is fucked
even IF then it's not fucked, unless it fucks up the header. But this is why you got the recovery disk, retard.

We are not pedophile autist criminals so we don't need this much of protection

OpenBSD doesn't support full disk encryption on PowerPC so I just have an encrypted home partition.

>this is not how error correction mechanism work, retarded pleb
Wrong. That can only work on changes that you're deliberately making to the data. If a charged particle were to impact the right spot at the right time it could change the intensity of the magnetism greatly, either intensifying the analogical values that translate to logical ones and zeros or flipping the value to the other one.
>even IF then it's not fucked, unless it fucks up the header.
Wrong. It's absolutely, totally, unequivocally, definitely, irreversibly fucked.

What if you're just a lonely cancerous shitposter trying to provoke me into giving you more (You)s?
What if I tell you that you're going to die from eternal bleeding tomorrow?

Can you give me (You)s instead?

h('"hgff df:;µg45dd1 gmoe78f$)ç !!!

>eternal bleeding

what's the fucking point

I did but I forgot to write the drive with /dev/urandom first so I'm not sure how secure I really am.

explain this to me, how would it?
t. deebly goncerned LUKS user with / encryption

>mfw I boot your laptop from my USB stick and install malware into your root partition

It wouldn't

I put my /boot on a zip disquette so that the whole internal drive can be encrypted, and I can just take the thing out to stop the system from booting even to a password prompt.

well all your data is backed up, of course, so there really isn't any cause to worry even if that could happen.

>yfw malleability attacks allow someone to install malware on your system even when its encrypted