Quick, name a modern OS for me to install on this smallish HDD I just installed in my PC. No Windows...

Quick, name a modern OS for me to install on this smallish HDD I just installed in my PC. No Windows, no faggy Apple shit.

Install..... ..gentoo..

how big exactly?

Gentoo or TempleOS

300GB and Gentoo it is I guess. Somehow I knew you schizophrenics would say that fucking OS.

>300GB
Any os fits on something that big. your question is stupid.

The size is irrelevant, I'm looking for a new OS to try for the novelty of it. You're stupid.

i can't tell if that image is black and white or colour
seen it so much that i might just be imagining the colours

Solus

>The size is irrelevant
then why was it mentioned?

I have autism

Someone asked.

before your OP?
you said "smallish HDD" in the OP, of course someone was going to ask just how small "smallish" was

idk why I mentioned it being small, it doesn't matter regardless as any OS will fit on even a 20GB drive.

why are you throwing a fit over this?

>No Windows, no faggy Apple shit.
Might as well just toss it in the garbage then.

I've got an SSD with W10 Botnet Edition installed and Apple shit if garbage.

the way your question was written suggested that the size of the hdd was the limiting factor, without it your question becomes too general

install gentoo

I'm reading up on how to install it cause I assume it's not going to be a simple job like most OS's otherwise you guys wouldn't suggest it. so far this guide they have make it seem like munitions grade autism.

Wtf am I doing this retarded im in the fucking matrix here

d-don't give up, user!
we believe in you

good luck OP

More important than the distribution you install, choose your DE wisely. Just had to think about using fucking Gnome with these chunky fucking window title bars on that tiny ass screen and keked a lot.

So far ive gotten connected to the net wirelessly, thank god it detected my wlan card

Any i should avoid?

>So far ive gotten connected to the net wirelessly, thank god it detected my wlan card
wifi device support is a lot better than it used to be

>Any i should avoid?
probably a good idea to avoid KDE to begin with on gentoo
not because it's bad per-se, but because it's huge, and will take a long time to compile

ThAnks for the tip. Now how do i make sure i point linux at the right disk and dont nuke my shit? Kimd of paranoid of losing data

you should consider unplugging any storage device that you don't want to mess with
it's not hard to fuck things bad if you make a mistake

I'll risk it. In this case I want to install to the 300gb drive so I point linux to /dev/sde only right?

run 'lsblk' and verify which node ('/dev/sde') is the disk you want to mess with, and remember to only reference that

Derp didnt upload pic

also, if lsblk isn't conclusive, try blkid, if the disk currently has partitions on it

Okay that helped, thank you

oh, and if you want to know what something does before running it (good idea, if it's not an official source, like what i'm writing), then run "man ", like "man lsblk", to read it's manual

ps. manuals aren't exclusive to programs either, for example, there's a manual for fstab as well, which is a configuration file

I was just googling but thats helpful to know. When i try to create the efi system partition it says attribute partition not found, what gives?

i haven't worked with EFI before, so i can't help with specifics regarding that

>he fell for the Gentoo meme
My sides!

I got the disk set up anyways, i was doing the wrong thing.

I guess this is kind of fun doing things through the terminal...

9000 hours.

I see the normal colors too.

9000 hours of the boot splash has probably been burned into our minds

AUTISM

android x86

Linux From Scratch.

Just install obongo and be a nigger

>modern OS
>no Windows
>no macOS
welp, you're out of options then. Sorry user.