Bitcoin

My boss wants to pay me in Bitcoins for a project. Should I run this risk?

Install.. .gentoo

Tell him you want to be paid in cash. If he insists on BTC, ask for x% "risk premium". Plz learn how2jew.

>boss wants pay me in Bitcoin
wtf? Is he criminal?

Don't do it, Bitcoin's about to implode.

Well thanks guys. I will go for good ol' extra dollars then. Poor people like me can't afford to own bitcoins anyway.

Not OP, can you explain why? I'm not really good in economy, neither I know a lot about cryptocurrencies

Look up the history of bitcoin's price, and then look up tulip mania.

Well, history repeats itself, but that doesn't mean that it's a certain thing

People thinking this is why it happens again.
The very thought that "Hey it won't happen again" is the thing that causes it to happen again.

It's going to happen again, and getting into bitcoin is not a gamble on IF it'll crash, but when.

back to you and your conspiracy theories

it was called tulip mania the last 4 "bubbles" too

accept and cash out inmediately

Smell like tax evasion.

Says increasingly nervous man for 84th week running

The only people buying bitcoins are investors looking to sell to other investors later down the line for huge profits.
I really don't know how this entire frail scheme won't fail during the next 2 or 3 years

Thanks for taking Economics 101. Here's what you forgot:

Usually, high value of an object - like any other stream in capitalism - can be derived by either high demand or low supply.

In the case of many types of produce, you are hit with a sudden surge in demand which might lead investors into the game, making the demand surge even higher. The reaction is investment and rapid sale, expanding the supply and gradually lowering the _actual_ value, with the effect on _market_ value coming after a certain threshold and thus usually quite quickly after a tipping point.

Bitcoin, being both not only a virtual currency but also a system to tackle exactly the problems with current money (it being a "produce" without immediate value - i.e. being piece of paper - but rather a value of TRUST).

Bitcoin is made to be produced in the starting phase, but mining gets more and more tedious to shorten the supply, making it ineffective to mine at some point which was ~2015?
Thus the supply is, while being a virtual good, actually not endless - in stark contrast to the current Dollar or Euro supplies which just expand with no end in sight.

So Bitcoin as a principle would - in an ideal world - be even more trustworthy than papermoney. 1/2

You forgot bitcoin 101: The blockchain is a fucking mess. Bitcoin will soon be unusable

Fuck off nocoiner

Bitcoin is going to moon soon and I'll be blowing by nocoiners like you in my lambo

That's what was about to come.

So right now - from an economics point of view - I see bitcoin as stable as swiss francs or gold - useless in war situations but you come back to have it as something rare that keeps its value.
You even get the entry hurdle of bitcoin being a bitch to set up.

There is however the risk factor - and I totally agree - that the blockchain will soon be unmanageable, depending on transaction volume. There's checks in place to only get the last x GB of the chain, but if enough hosts agree on a "new path", that path will spread. Think botnets. So Bitcoin is technically anything but unvulnerable - which normies still fail to realize.

Right now, trust is on an all time high, people see it as digital gold and better than their governments meme currencies. There's lots of onlineshops taking it as well, so you can actually derive value. That's why prices rise right now.
I do however doubt the bubble will pop any time soon unless bad media explains the fragile system for idiots or there actually are known breaches of the main chain.

Why does he want to do that user?

demand at least a 20% premium if you go through with this, remember you have to now cash out the bitcoins, which is a pain if you are talking about more than hundreds of dollars

Then OP has to pay taxes and runs the risk of bitcoin fluctuating 10% or more in the time it takes him to turn the crypto into real money

>I see bitcoin as stable as swiss francs or gold
Despite the fact if fluctuates FAR more than either and is far less stable

Bitcoin goes up or down huge percentages in a few days, far more than the swiss franc, don't be silly

this is just propaganda illegal to pay salaries in btc

>illegal
but it's not dumbass

Send him ancap ball with
>when your boss wants to pay you in bitcoins but you only accept child sex slaves, gold and oil as currency

>You even get the entry hurdle of bitcoin being a bitch to set up.
Wot

Literally download any wallet software (heck even the default one is fine, or you can read any of the 5000 articles about "the best bitcoin wallet software"), go through the wallet creation wizard, have a basic sense not to give your encryption keys away, boom you have a bitcoin wallet.

Buying it is a little bit more involved since you need to go through an exchange and shit, but that also takes like 15 minutes and not being a fucking idiot.

This

That said at the current exact moment bitcoin is at an all-time high, and could well fluctuate downwards. You can mention this fact to try to jew him out of a higher risk premium. If you need money right now, make sure you get a GOOD overpay - if he refuses, then don't take the btc - and cash out IMMEDIATELY: your payment could lose 10% of its value overnight. But if you're fine financially and wouldn't mind keeping the btc as an investment, just jew him out of extra money if you can, then keep it in your wallet: the last four bubbles bitcoin was "btfo" as well and now look where it's at.

not really a salary in the labor employment sense, rather black market remuneration with a digitalized asset and commodity created by individuals outside of the economy, insulated where risk is shouldered by middlemen versus a centralized and regulated system where a cost is incurred to be in an environment which isn't defined digitally

you get the gist it isn't a salary in the classic economic sense of the word. bartering

>but that also takes like 15 minutes and not being a fucking idiot
>Literally download any wallet software
>have a basic sense not to give your encryption keys away

you tell that to normies with passwords like qwertz123

It still is unknown technology for the most part of economic actors. A large part of the world actually forgot about it until it was in the news again.
So yes, of course it fluctuates far more right now, but it's a pretty good abstraction compared to the other memecoins. It's the de facto leading digital currency not bound to any real world currency.

>So yes, of course it fluctuates far more right now,
thus making it not as stable by any stretch of the definition of the word stable user

It's difficult to call bitcoin a currency when it is effectively impossible to use it as such.

Hell, eventually we'd get to a point where instead of having a currency tied to gold you'd have a currency tied to bitcoin, where a dollar bill would just represent a worth in bitcoin. You'd trade around IOUs for bitcoin values just so you don't have to fuck around with the blockchain, and make bitcoin both valuable and worthless at the same time.

>You'd trade around IOUs for bitcoin values just so you don't have to fuck around with the blockchain
KEEEEK
As someone who can't into economy, what would be the result of that? Will it basically revert back to normal modern cash? Or will it still be as decentralised as bitcoin today, but without the hassle?

Literally what I'm doing is just waiting for it to crash, so I can invest and earn some

I have like £200 worth, which I bought for £100 a couple months ago, should I sell now or just keep it?

Do the math.

There is practically no risk. In fact there might be less risk as he can't charge the money back afterwards.

We don't need normies for BTC to hit 6 figures.

...what risk?

as long as you aren't retarded you won't lose your shit, and if he's paying fees then who cares

it takes two seconds to cash out, but I guess that's a little more work than simply having a paycheck deposited right into your bank account to begin with

>Anime
Hi
Go to Heaven