Any legit criticisms of Apple left anymore?

>releasing modular Mac Pro
>iMac Pro first of kind all in one workstation at fair/cheap price
>customizable control centre
>opening eGPU possibilities
>best new filesystem, APFS > ZFS
>upcoming 120hz oled iPhone 8
>120hz iPad Pro looks solid on new iOS 11

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vm8zC2VAr8w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Clover is Android only.
>Fuck crApple

>I'm poor and I never bought a Mac but I can criticize it because it's not Windows and I grew up with Windows and I never used anything else and muh gaymes
t. every Sup Forumsfag currently infesting Sup Forums

>clover
gay

pretty much
The socially awkward gamerfags think its only Facebook soccer moms & starbucks hipsters using Apple

It's so sad that Android fags have such shitty web browsers that they need a dedicated app in order to browse Sup Forums.

>Facebook soccer moms & starbucks hipsters
It's also pretentious fags who use the >poorfag argument to anyone who criticizes their OS.

this

Overchan is better anyway.

we're not pretentious, we're just better than you. The plebs usually do resent the patricians, I guess

I have nothing to say about Apple they are just making money out of lazy and technically illiterate people. Applefags and their stupidity is the main target of the criticism.

Good luck drilling down through replies.

Truth be told posting on Sup Forums on mobile safari is kind of wonky
I blame the incompetent neets running the site though

I have a mid-end tower PC and a newish (last model before the touch-yourself-bar) Macbook Pro. I've owned Macs since Tiger, including two polycarb Core 2 Macbooks and two or three Core 2 Mac Minis.

Apple went to shit after Jobs died. Mac OS has gone downhill since Snow Leopard, and their hardware has become more and more terrible to deal with. I could strip a Mac Mini down to the bones and replace the WiFi card, hard drive, RAM, etc. I can't even replace the fucking battery on my new Macbook Pro.

Windows has also gone to shit, but using the last good version of Windows (7) is a lot more reasonable than using the last good version of OSX (Snow Leopard).

>this is what macboi submissives ACTUALLY believe

I don't like OSX or whatever they call it now.
I don't like being told "no you can't use that basic function" on hardware I bought because Applel said so.
I don't like meme shit like 120Hz and hueg resolutions on cellphones.
I don't like soldered components for no reason other than to prevent piecemeal upgrades.
I don't like Applel's privacy policy.
I don't like Applel's business practices.

Seems like there are criticisms left for Apple. Whether or not you cry "autism!!!!" is irrelevant.

What is up with the apple spam this past week?

>we're not pretentious, we're just better than you.
>9000 levels of irony

People who are able to use Gentoo on a daily basis and who don't despise gayish very nature of Apple are using Macbooks, for example Linus Torvalds.

The question isn't about money, the question is about efficiency of the money spent on a hardware. What the point to buy an expensive laptop if you can buy cheaper and better regardless to the volume of your pocket.

> (You)
>It's so sad that Android fags have such shitty web browsers that they need a dedicated app in order to browse Sup Forums.
You're on crack. Chrome stomps Safari in the ground. That said, Sup Forums sucks on a touchscreen with the little + things and clover makes it nice. Too bad you iToddlers can't use it.

Apple

Every Apple user I've ever met was either a complete bumbling retard, or a sysadmin with a lot of experience. The only people I see trashing Apple regularly are video-game playing Sup Forumsedditors who obsess over frame rates and Linux autists who hate intellectual property rights.

That isn't to say there aren't legitimate criticisms of Apple, like the iPhone 7's lack of headphone jack or the stupid touchbar on the MBP or completely destroying the Mac Pro's modularity, but honestly their hardware and software generally work quite well together. If you want commercially supported UNIX that actually works for regular desktop use they're basically your only choice.

The first type of users you've met are more active and they're creating the image of a typical Apple user. Sup Forums and the comments in here are a case in point.

>you can't block ads on your smartphone because we don't think you're capable of handling root privileges
No excuse for this shit. "Just Werks" doesn't mean "Just removes features."

>If you want commercially supported UNIX that actually works for regular desktop

Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® Desktop. It's not a UNIX de jure but it isn't an issue at all.

If you're going to trash an OS at least learn if your accusations are correct first. You can download adblockers directly from the App Store and have been able to since iOS 8.

>>releasing modular Mac Pro
Something they had and threw away.
>>iMac Pro first of kind all in one workstation at fair/cheap price
Not at all cheap/fair price, just an overheating piece of shit.

>>customizable control centre
>>opening eGPU possibilities
Don't care.

>>best new filesystem, APFS > ZFS
Objectively wrong.

>>upcoming 120hz oled iPhone 8
Playing follow the leader.

hz iPad Pro looks solid on new iOS 11
Still a pile of dicks.

>Safari only
>Meaning anything
Pick one. I don't want to see ads in any application. Applel says "no you can't do that."

>Objectively wrong.
Objectively hazardous.
>Copy doesn't copy until a files contents change
>Filename normalization different to HFS+ and APIs don't account for it
>Being shoved out when apple wanted, not when everyone was ready for it
Disaster waiting to happen.

>He doesn't have the latest version of Android.

Lol when will Pajeetdrone cucks learn iOS is superior?

Eh it just makes things easier and quicker to use, safari couldn't do much better. Sup Forums.org is a desktop oriented site, pretty sure there isn't a mobile version.

This.

Apple are like washing machines. They're appliances for people who know/care dick all about technology.

Nougat is still Nougat.

>Nougat is still Nougat

Umm......no. The latest release is 7.1.2 With the June 5, 2017 security patch.

Your phone isn't fully updated.....your phone is pajeet poorfag garbage. Deal with it.

>Nougat is still nougat.

Shit is still shit. Maybe if you weren't so busy shitting in the street, you'd have job so you could afford an iPhone.

The complaints about price seem to be from people thinking that only specs matter, but people buying macs generally don't buy them for specs

the most legitimate criticism of apple is there ethics in treatment of workforce and consumers
the system is locked down.
jailbreaking is illegal in some places.
apple products and software works exclusively with other apple things.
this would be fine if they didn't bother porting, but they actively lock their systems down when it comes to crossplatform usability.
apple still has suicide prevention nets in their factories (as of 2016)

Package management lags severely behind Linux.

wwdc17

>>releasing modular Mac Pro
Welcome to 1980 mactoddlers.

>>iMac Pro first of kind all in one workstation at fair/cheap price
8bit trash panels with fake 10bit pretend mode.

>>customizable control centre
Meaningless marketing buzzwords, typical regurgitation material for mactoddlers.

>>opening eGPU possibilities
Literally the only eGPU on the planet that ONLY works with external displays and can't actually accelerate the built in display. Apple street shitter engineers are a fucking joke.

Leave it to mactoddlers to put trust in the same retards that shat out the worst file system in the history of computing with another filesystem.

>>upcoming 120hz oled iPhone 8
Welcome to 5 years ago iToddlers.

hz iPad Pro looks solid on new iOS 11
Enjoy your angrybirdsPad with the snap off dildo attachment.

>Enjoy your angrybirdsPad with the snap off dildo attachment.
I don't know why this made me laugh.

You have to be 18 to post here.

If you are on Sup Forums, a technology board, you do not have the right to bitch about android or claim iDevices are better, which they aren't.
You see, any technologically inclined person will obviously use android. It gives better performance, for lower price and most of all it is customizable to the extent iDevices cannot match, which is exactly why we prefer Android phones. You can root them, play around with their internals and just use them to do whatever you want to.
>hurr some people just want to use their phones not hack them hurr
Then why the fuck are you posting on a TECHNOLOGY imageboard you faggot, go wank off in a consumer electronics forum
>hurr but it looks good and is a status symbol, lol youre virgin haha hurr
Like i said, go away to a fashion forum, really anywhere but a tech board
>hurr poorfag pajeet haha
Go buy the diamond encrusted iPhone then you cunt
>b-b-b-but muh jailbreak
nope, its just not at the same level, but its okay since you jailbreak guys are at least trying you can stay

I owned 3 macbooks 7 iphones and 2 ipads in my life. This company went to shit.

heh check out some webm's

this

THIS

Why the fuck do mactoddlers come to A FUCKING TECHNOLOGY BOARD?

They don't fucking belong here yet they come here and pretend like their superior to actual tech enthusiasts. It makes no fucking sense.

>*they're*

You haven't used Brave then.

>releasing modular Mac Pro
modular isn't having to take apart the fucking whole thing including the display to replace the ram pajeet
>iMac Pro first of kind all in one workstation at fair/cheap price
there's a reason people don't do AIO workstations, macfags will learn the hard way
>customizable control centre
in non-buzzword please?
>opening eGPU possibilities
heavily implying thats a good idea instead of a proper setup
>best new filesystem, APFS > ZFS
in your dreams, APFS is a wannabe btrfs, it hardly even compares to that so dont even compare it to ZFS
>upcoming 120hz oled iPhone 8
>120hz iPad Pro looks solid on new iOS 11
wow that will make facebook posting look so much better amirite
you know what would be better? Not using fucking 8 bit displays on $5000 computers

>

>macs arent technology because i say so!
>theyre for le faggots only XD

i forgot 120hz was a common feature on mobile devices, or any monitor at all.

I use a mac at work and come home to my windows pc every day. And man is Mac OS just a pile of garbage.

I don't like nougat or whatever they call it now.
I don't like being told "no you can't root that phone" on hardware I bought because Google said so.
I don't like meme shit like cardboard VR and hueg resolutions on cellphones.
I don't like soldered components for no reason other than to prevent piecemeal upgrades.
I don't like Google's privacy policy.
I don't like Google's business practices.

I imagine most Applel fags are like this.

>And man is Mac OS just a pile of garbage.
Spoken like a true bigot.
Loud, confident and oh, so wrong.

>Default terminal is garbage
>Outdated version of bash with a known vulnerability
>Installing a compiler is a pain
>Installing GCC is a bigger pain
Yep, no legit criticisms.

>Spoken like a true bigot.
>true bigot
>bigot
>If you don't like my OS, you're basically a racist.

SAD! Many such cases!

>it gives better performance
stopped reading there
Don't tell me you fell for that dumb webm, iPhone is the fastest phone on the market. Androidcucks don't even know what they are talking about anymore, they just claim iphone sucks without even being informed.

You're quoting benchmarks now? Do you have any idea how pointless that is? Do you not realize all that shit is gamed? Especially browser benchmarks.

Why Apple always is forced to carry the weight of the foxconn drama when other companies also buy their services?

You're right, in real world performance iPhone is even higher. Load an app on iPhone and it's like 3 times faster.

>APFS > ZFS

lol ok friend

>1 GB of ram per terabyte
>sluggish when reach 80% of capacity
>good

As both an iPhone and Android user the speed difference between the fastest phones is really 6 of one and half dozen of the other. iPhone does better in canned benchmarks but in real world use there is little to no difference. That said, Android is much more capable in what it can actually do. There is also a lot more choice in form factor, user interface, price point, etc. Android has Clover and, hell, something as simple as editing a text file in Dropbox is trivial on Android but impossible on iPhone. I mean, what the fuck is that shit. In short, they both are good but Android is admittedly a bit better.

If you are on Sup Forums, a technology board, you do not have the right to bitch about iOS or claim android devices are better, which they aren't. You see, any technological inclined person will obviously use an iPhone. It gives better performance for the price and most of all it is fast to the extent android devices can't match, which is exactly why we prefer iPhones. You can download the best versions of apps, render quickly, just use them to do whatever you want to do.
>hurr some people just want to fiddle with options not use apps hurr
Then why the fuck are you posting on a TECHNOLOGY imageboard, you faggot, go wank off in a consumer electronics forum
>hurr but more people have them, lol youre gay haha hurr
>Like I said, go away to a pajeets youtube comments, really anywhere but a tech board
>hurr gay pajeet haha
Go buy your unupdated chinkshit then you cunt
>b-b-but muh clover
nope, it's just not at the same level as all the optimized iPhone store apps, but it's okay since you guys are at least trying you can stay

>iPhone does better in canned benchmarks but in real world use there is little to no difference.
Maybe if you load the SMS app. Try loading a game or do anything that requires time, anything that has a percentage and requires you to wait a few seconds. iPhone will get it done like 2-3 times faster due to high grade internal storage and that uncomparable CPU.

Also, despite the lower RAM, it does a good job of keeping apps in memory. I agree with file moving, I have an android too for this reason.

>some plebs still don't know there's a Sup Forums app for iOS

wizard? or that app from cydia?

This whole thread is either bait or paid shilling; there is no way anybody who is not clinically retarded can seriously defend Apple.

> this level of butthurt

apple shills must have to carry hemorrhoids cushions

>someone is disagreeing with me
>it must be payed

Yes. It costs 5000 dollars to get a Mac with a gpu equivalent to about a 1200 dollar windows build.

Don't even front, man. That trash is a sick joke next to Clover. Please don't embarrass yourself trying to deny the truth.

>paying to shitpost
Just put some ads in there. I dont care, man

>Android Security Patch
>April 1st

It's pretty comparable to clover but is less mature. It does receive updates.

>any legit criticisms of Apple left anymore?
It has an apple on the back

Thanks senpai, didn't know there was one on the app store

Isn't the most obvious response to you argumentative fuckers that it depends on what you're doing? Not every user has the same intentions.

Should I take your word? Go be a fucking retard somewhere else

>APFS > ZFS

you're fucking retarded if you think a few year old proprietary consumer filesystem is even comparable to the well matured, open sourced, enterprised powerhouse ZFS. They're not even meant to compete.

Phoneposters should leave

apple creates very stable products and they just work. my criticism is that they literally give their users information to the government agencies same as windows. do not get fooled by them they don't have privacy they abuse your rights and people should not fool themselves by this.

>Like 3 times faster goy

Don't need to criticize it, just prefer Android. Everyone on here is a nazi fag when it comes to their favorite OS or kind of smartphone.

>I posted it again lol
youtube.com/watch?v=vm8zC2VAr8w

>I don't think real tests mean anything
>Look mom he proved me wrong again

hating appel is homophobic

lagdroid denial

>I could strip a Mac Mini down to the bones and replace the WiFi card, hard drive, RAM, etc. I can't even replace the fucking battery on my new Macbook Pro.
but who actually does, you're going to throw it out in 4-5 years anyway like any other Sup Forums sheep that only whines about upgrades as a form of virtue signalling rather than something they actually do in practice

You forgot your >maymay arrow
>Crapple denial

How can I deny anything, you don't even have a counter argument.

Typical android user, just claim iPhone sucks and adhominem the painful truth away

Do I need to show you that Android phone btfo'ing an iPhone. How about the shitty design quality and cooling? You're denying this stuff, that's denial. Never had an Android device broken

>Adhominem the painful truth away
>Sees video of iPhone losing
>Replies ">look mom I posted it again"

Adhominem the painful truth away, Apple cuck

Because in literally every other video the iPhone smokes that exact model, yet you cherrypicked the single pajeet video that managed to cherrypick the exact apps that iPhone loses to on only one particular android model.

>Do I need to show you that Android phone btfo'ing an iPhone.
Yes, yes you do.

It's not cherry picking if it's abundant or like shilling, you shill.

Anyway how's that $15/week Applecheck doing for you goyim?

>if it's abundant
Yeah, if it's abundant, which it fucking isn't.
Dumb lying shill. In fact iPhone never loses speed tests period unless you are a dishonest pajeet.

P.S. I don't even own an iPhone.