Do you agree that Portugal should be considered the "sadboy" of southern europe?

Do you agree that Portugal should be considered the "sadboy" of southern europe?

But portugal is western europe.
They only have mentality of south.
To much siesta and not enough work.

>To much siesta and not enough work.

Good meme.
We don't do "siestas" during workdays here and we work 48+ hours a week for the minimum wage.
Why do you think that there are tons of germans, french, brits on holidays and traveling and there are really few portuguese out of their country besides the ones that emigrate to live in slums and work underpaid jobs?
Because we have tons of work hours, almost no holidays and the wage is so miserable that it doesn't allow people to see the world.

and before you start with the "productivity" meme i gotta advise you that people here work to the bone. Do you think a boss would pay people for doing nothing?

Also you spreaded european values and culture in the world. You created many good things. Also you wasn't like this bad colonisators who genocide natives like pizarro, you was traders.
And you created new modern regional super power - Brasil.

>Because we have tons of work hours, almost no holidays and the wage is so miserable that it doesn't allow people to see the world.
Wew, that is closer to eastern europe, than western. When you do something wrong in history? Ages ago you had better empire and you was richer that france.

oops

悲しいボーイズ

|

ok this is the one with shitugal

>work
>work
>work

Portugal is the Greece of Europe

The church has most of the fault for it.
They allied with the 10 richest families in Portugal in order to create an oligarchic\theocratic society that condemned its citizens to obscurantism, ignorance and general backwardness... We only got out of that state in 1974.
However, since our population became so docile, ignorant and dumb the powerful families still do everything they want. They don't give a fuck about the nation, they just want to fill their pockets until the people are completely dried out

I am a Greek

ah, i forgot this too.
We don't have a sense of "nationality" or a comunitary sense in general.
Since corruption reigns everywhere people grow untrusty and everyone looks to himself without giving a damn about his neighbour.

after that performance yesterday, yes

>caring about football

Even if Portugal would win the cup i wouldn't give the single fuck.
I would just be happy cause maybe there would be a promotion in the booze so it would be cheaper to get drunk and drown my senses

>theocratic society
Theocracy is good, just look at Iran.
They are the most stable country in middle east.

>However, since our population became so docile, ignorant and dumb the powerful families still do everything they want. They don't give a fuck about the nation, they just want to fill their pockets until the people are completely dried out
This is oligarchy at its worst.
That same they had in ukraine when janukowicz what president (he had giant palaces) and that same they still have in russia, but in russia oligarchs care about their country because they get good cash from beeing mayors and politics, so if they will steal to much, ruin their region or say something wrong about putin in western medias, they will lost everything.

please, we work a lot of hours solely due to crappy management and horrendous organization

>Since corruption reigns everywhere people grow untrusty and everyone looks to himself without giving a damn about his neighbour.

That same is here.
No one can be trusted, this is symptom of post commie people.
Only history, religion or external enemy can unite us. That is why catholic church have high position in Poland.

>theocratic society is good

No it's not. It stunts cultural and ethical development. Forced faith is never the answear. People won't be believers, they will just pretend to believe in order to not be punished.

Our oligarchs don't give a damn about Portugal. They can do anything they want. The president's goals are: pay the oligarchs, get rich, fuck the country and try to settle a position in some comfy, well-paid job in the european parlament

But we still work a lot of hours.
and it's mostly due because the bosses hire fewer people and make them do the job of 3 workers in order to get more rich.

>Our oligarchs don't give a damn about Portugal. They can do anything they want. The president's goals are: pay the oligarchs, get rich, fuck the country and try to settle a position in some comfy, well-paid job in the european parlament
So why you don't have revolution like in ukraine or Libia? They had that same problem.

Because people here are extremely docile and coward.
Seriously, that's the only reason. Kinda like slave mentality.

well, the bars and restaurants are exact opposite; in Portugal you will have 7 waiters whereas the same bar in western europe would only have 3

also, i know it's cliche, but you need to work smart not a lot

agreed, good food, cheap wine and mild weather made Portuguese too relaxed

I don't know dude.
I worked in a bar during summer and it was lacking workers.
Maybe that's the case of a family restaurant but in ordinary bars and such it's few people

Yeah. Also, i think that people here lack ambition.
If you compare with the youth from other countries, they are more energic and eager to try new stuff while young people around here are more like "let's go to the same bar since 3 years ago, drink beer and play hearthstone or pool"

Why you don't create some anti-system party?
Party of people who hate your actual parties and oligarchs and will not sell you.
In poland we have Kukiz party, a rockman created it and he had 20,3% of votes in elections. He is still anti-system, and he saying what he think.

your people are too soft and easily depressed.

well, there's always some people that try to fight against corruption but they are always silenced and fade into obscurity before they even have the chance to grow.

I agree.
When faced with adversity, people here will just lay down and accept the doom while complaining about it (/r9k/)

>people here will just lay down and accept the doom while complaining about it

well, this kind of attitude gave us fado music so at least it's good for something

Like /r9k/ gives us (used to give us) good memes

Yeah, it's funny for the spectator but for the ones experiencing it it's not that funny.
In Portugal, if you don't live in Porto or in Lisbon your life is doomed to an endless circle of depression.
My town is considered to be very juvenile but it's mostly filled with old people and young wageslavers

That is depressing.
Poles was always fighting, with occupants, for freedom of our and other countries and independence, and we created first labor unions and blowing communism from inside with giant strikes and manifestations in whole country, so nothing working and commies give up.

I literally don't know where we inherited this docile attitude. I seriously don't know

>this thread
No wonder Brazil shares the same mentality

So you need to change it.
In poland we have adage: If you have soft heart you need to have hard ass. Jeśli masz miękkie serce musisz mieć twardą dupę.

>the current state of our NT
it's going to be a painful couple of decades