I've been trying to install Ubuntu for almost two hours with no success...

I've been trying to install Ubuntu for almost two hours with no success. The installer is stuck on 'Preparing to install Ubuntu' screen. I don't know what to do next.

What's the problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

bunsenlabs.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Currently installing Ubuntu 17.04 32bit on Pentium + 4gb ram

plz respond

onegai desu !!!!!

You are too vague. Assuming you've already verified the ISO, then you need to debug: check some logs or figure out how to get verbose output from the installer.

How I debug?

You need to click on 'Continue'

>Ubuntu
Well there's your problem

of course I clicked it, I downloaded pic from google.

I hate gentoo

ubuntu installer is shit, get the Ubuntu Minimal CD which has a far better text-based installer that actually works.

>Ubuntu Minimal CD
where can I get it? At bill gates' house?

>gentoo
lol

Lol noob you shouldn't be using noobuntu, just install Arch.

plz stop memeing and help me

>I hate gentoo

The solution is simple, don't use Ubuntu.

bunsenlabs.org/

>help Sup Forums I can't even install Ubuntu
It's almost fucking identical to installing Windows 7

Are you dual booting with windows already on the disk? You may need to run chkdsk on your hard drive. Also try making your / and /home and swap partitions with gparted from the live usb first.

I tried your advice but it didn't work

Are you sure it doens't just take long? I've seen many times it can take a few minutes

It takes over 6 hours.

Did you boot from uefi usb or just the plain usb option?

Try the non uefi version

How?
Currently using legacy booting.

Should just be two options to choose from when you booth with respect to your ssd

Mine is called sandisk cruzer so its like

UEFI | USB SANDISK CRUZER GLIDE
| USB SANDISK CRUZER GLIDE

And I would choose the bottom one

I tried usb boot as you said, But installer is still stucked on preparing.

Ubuntu is buggy is fuck and will break after a few updates anyways. Give up on this meme and just install Arch.

I'm noob on linux and Arch and Gentoo seems like pretty difficult. Any recommend linux distro for tech-literate normie noob?

>tech-literate
*tech-illiterate

cmon are you kidding I need help installing the distro with the literal easiest install your better of being apart of the windows botnet

if arch and gentoo seem difficult just use window your a tard

But my windows has gone

there are these things called piratebay and dazloader it will fix that issue

ok

Check your tty for what's holding it up.

subtle shill

how?

>You are too vague. Assuming you've already verified the ISO, then you need to debug: check some logs or figure out how to get verbose output from the installer.

Pretty much why Unix/Loonix suck balls.

You "L33T" fags who don't use macOS need to kys.

Remember installing Kubuntu and it also hanged at that part, but then recovered after a while, just hang on there user. And welcome to GNU/Linux

Why do you want to install linux?
It's shit, it doesn't work at all systems and it causes problems which almost no info about how to fix the problems and if you ask the community you will only hear smug responses because the lucky people will feel entitled and "special"

did you verify the iso after downloading?
Make sure it didn't get corrupt via packet loss or something else

Can you try a text install instead of graphical

The jewbuntu installer is broken, install gentoo

CTL + ALT + F2
dmesg | less

This should give you a log of system shit that you can look for something out of place

CTL + ALT + F7
to get back. Might be different.

If all else fails, consider a different version of ubuntu or try Korora. Redhat is where it's at.

how?

I did it, it seems like there's no problem on usb

thx

>buffer i/o error on dev sda4, logical block [numbers]. async page read

What does it mean?

Get a liveCD in motion and use apt-get install gsmartcontrol.
Run it and check your SMART values.

Your disk may be failing and spitting I/O errors.
If you see any pink or red, prepare to find some new hardware.

Try installing Windows 7 on an NVMe drive.

Try installing Windows 7 on a motherboard that only has USB 3.0.

Take a Windows image and try to join it to a domain.

You Windows shitposters are the absolute fucking worst, because you don't know how horribly frustrating it can be to eek basic functionality out of Windows because all you usually give a shit about is video games and maybe Photoshop. Linux and OSX aren't without problems, but Windows easily has just as many annoyances. Neck yourself, you dumb faggot.

Install Solus and you'll have no problems.

I give up. I'll try Linux Mint.

How fast is your connection? Ubuntu downloads the latest updates before it starts the instalation process.

Did you take a look at OP's pic? It doesn't download updates at that point, assuming that's where he's stuck.

Am i fucked?

Why don't you go on the beginners forum like everyone else and ask/search there. Ubuntu is a huge fucking community and you come to Sup Forums where it's just Arch and Gentoo memes?

>Try installing Windows 7 on a motherboard that only has USB 3.0.
Force USB 3.0 work as USB 2.0 or just inject USB 2 drivers.
>Take a Windows image and try to join it to a domain.
MDT/SCCM

> 32bit
Leave it. i686 is almost abandoned at this point, I've had my share of problems with it on 2.6.36 kernel and OpenVZ.
Use x64.

That may be the case.

I'm formatting hdd. Would it help?

Nope.

Drive's fucked. Back up all your important stuff before it's too late.

> before it's too late
I have to note it's not a failure per se, but since the remaps started to appear, the reserved HDD area may fill up soon.

I realize after reading your post that there is no way to respond to your post without sounding smug regardless of the position. I think this is your lot in life.

Anyone who agrees with you is going to seem smug with you and you won't notice it. Anyone who disagrees with you is again going to seem smug but you notice it.