Uh oh... someone is scared

Uh oh... someone is scared....

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmeta
theapricity.com/earlson/history/emperors.htm
newsroom.intel.com/editorials/x86-approaching-40-still-going-strong/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jews can't keep getting away with this.

Qualcomm has more than enough money to fight Intel. If they see no patent infringement they won't stop to ask Intel for permission

shut them down

>jew on jew

OY VEY DELET

INB4 both sue each other till bankruptcy and AMD takes over all the CPU markets.

Am I dumb, I don't understand the implication.

Intel doesn't want anyone to emulate x86, because if other processors are released and people move to them, they will run software that hasn't been ported to ARM yet?

What? Explain where I'm an idiot.

>say the fags who tried to get away with stealing x86_64

Literally nothing to do

Fuck Intel then, buy AMD if you do not want a mac.

AMD is a failing company.

Honestly I fell bad for Lisa
Gotta have mad stress constantly

If they trip up one more time, it's over mang. She deserves endless Valiums

Then Intel is a failing company as well.

They sold their mobile ARM division before the iPhone came out, tried to minimize damage by making cheap and subventioned mobile x86 CPUs which failed miserably on the real world market. Because of being frightened about failing any further, they threaten to sue anyone that overtakes them.

Hence, your argument is invalid.

I bet you're one of those people that learned x86 assembly only to find out that it's useless to know xD

Reminder all x86 patents up to and including everything that's in Pentium Pro and Pentium II (aka i686) are now expired. This is enough to run Windows XP and every 32-bit x86 Linux distro.

I'm not even sure why Intel gives a shit. x86 Windows programs are going to run like ass on this Atom^H^H^H^H cellphone class CPU anyway. Not like they have anything to worry about. Guess they just don't want to set the precedent. Or maybe they're thinking about what Qualcomm might be able to come up with in ten years or so which is about how long it will take for Snapdragon to be IPC competitive with Core.

What about x86-64? Didn't AMD just take Intel's 32-bit instruction set and extend it to 64-bit? Why wasn't/isn't that a problem?

It sounds like exactly the sort of retarded thing Intel would do right now.

I'm starting to think I really should invest in amd

AMD have an x86 license, like VIA.

you Goyim have gone FUCKING too far, FUCKING STOP RIGHT NOW YOU NAZI ASSHOLES.

>legal action against those emulating x86
>emulating x86
RIP QEMU

The Intel-AMD patent exchange deal that the US courts have forced them to agree on. Because of it, they require each other to exist because neither can make CPUs without the other one's patents.
Intel owns most of the original x86 (32-bit) patents, AMD owns the original amd64 (64-bit) patents. Each has their own work on top of that. Intel can't make any amd64 CPUs without the AMD patents. AMD can't make any x86 CPUs without the Intel patents, since the amd64 architecture is an extension of the x86 architecture. They're both locked into cooperation. No government or court will ever let them merge either.

I don't know what you people are talking about.
Nobody is buying anything except Intel or AMD.
>Thanks for playing victim card shill in this website.

this, qualcomm isn't just a random small chinese corporation
and how the fuck can someone take legal action against emulating something?

The feeling of seeing Intel and Qualcomm both engaged in a financially detrimental legal battle with each other would be orgasmic. Pic related.

This. Any court battle would be most advantageous to AMD, since Intel's financials would take a massive hit, as would their pr dept.

>this is what AMD pajeets honestly believe

So if I was sufficiently wealthy, I could buy the patents from one of the companies and refuse to grant licenses for the patents, effectively killing the x86 architecture? I'm a tard and don't know anything about patent law

I'm sort of feeling it from the other side of the spectrum. Sure, AMD doing better would be good for the consumer and all, but I fucking had the near monopoly Qualcomm has pretty much every mid-range and above phones especially in the United States. All anyone ever talks about is Snapdragon this, Snapdragon that, Snapdragon fuck that. Samsung's Exynos have been beating them recently, and Motorola recently released a phone using a Mediatek Helio P10, and Mediatek in the US is normally just the shittiest of the shit phones like the Moto E 2nd Gen or worse.

Intel probably has some patent to emulate opcode on arm based chip, so they think it will be enough to keep more competition away from their market

I actually don't mind Snapdragon everything for one simple reason. Getting a custom ROM for a SD SOC is usually very easy. Good luck with anything else especially Hisilicon.

Yeah but that's sort of because the dominance of Qualcomms SoCs. It's like how people don't vote for third parties because they have no chance of winning because no one votes for third parties because they have no chance of winning because no one votes for third parties because they have no chance of winning... and so on and so on.

They wouldn't sell, but even if they would, you'd also become part of the settlement. The deal includes irrevocable worldwide perpetual licences, if you bought the patents the licences would stay.

Hopefully somebody comes out with something incredible soon to shake up the entire tech industry. ARM has the potential for this.

they don't want people emulating x86 because it leaves a hole to free yourself from being spied on by big brother NSA.

>ARM
>incredible
no
x86 beats it in everything. Even performance per watt. If anything, RISC-V has the potential to really shake things up, but it will be another decade before high-power chips exist.

>intel going bankrupt before amd
What a shitshow that would be

no they cant....intel licensed amd the x86 architecture in a way that amd cant license it out to other manufacturers. go look it up if u dont believe me

If x86 was relased 40 years ago how are the patents still valid?
Didn't patents only lasted 25 years?
Even the mask should be in public domain by now.

Well, that's just perfect nonsense. Of course AMD can't license patents they don't actually have.

I'd actually be happy if intel fucks MS big time
MS are bigger cancer compared to intel.

Basically, there isn't a whole lot you can do with x86 sans modern extensions. Very few people care about making their products compatible with CPUs that haven't been manufactured for decades.

yea sry didnt get my facts straight....still things will heat up, if OP is right

look up transmeta - they did it first.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmeta

Didn't amd bring x86 into usage?

No, just the 64-bit extension. Originally AMD just made clones of intel CPUs.

>don't mind me, I'm just emulating your popular instruction set

Or it's what people know to be true when they have the basic knowledge of Microsoft's history which is mostly made out of burying competition and potential competition in lawsuits, using the law to their own advantage, burying everyone in documents and finance.

Intel is chickenshit when compared to Microsoft in terms of using lawyers and being judicial douches.

They wouldn't survive against Microsoft in court.

Russian-made Elbrus CPU also supports x86 architecture in addition to their own proprietary one, they haven't been sued yet, at least I think they haven't.

While I agree x86 is a near dead platform, those that are saying this is good for non spying systems need to realise arm is just as bad as modern x86.

40 keks

x86 is very much the opposite of dead.
It's kind of amazing that two hardware companies with association with Microsoft managed to practically lock the entire planet out in their idea of what personal computing looks like.

I'm still looking forward to risc-v

after all, gates did made up for his screw up for netscape scandal with charity work

its dead until the patents run out and even then theres not a whole lot left to do

Taking a Russian company producing hardware for Russian military to a Russian court is probably a bad idea unless you can make a GREAT case.

>Russian-made Elbrus CPU also supports x86 architecture in addition to their own proprietary one, they haven't been sued yet, at least I think they haven't.
Cuz nobody cares what Ivan does in his own little shithole. Put that shit on the shelf anywhere in the western world and see what happens.

>white people (intel) invent a great archiecture and patent it accordingly
>asians (qualcomm) tries to steal it
>somehow Sup Forums cheers for the former

baka.

why does Sup Forums support stealing?

>filthy kikes
>white

Well, for starters, Intel is a company that should've been sued to oblivion years ago, with most of their management ending in prison.

asians are white idiot

>snowniggers live in huts and eat grass
>Meds invent civilization
>snowniggers come down in droves and steal civilization
>snowniggers start burning libraries and banning knowledge while Meds scurry to archive it while Semites in the Middle-East are trying to help them with the grand archival
>remaining Meds and Semites continue to advance civilization (Dark Age up to Renaissance and beyond) while snowniggers take all the credit and benefits

>snowniggers in charge of stealing

Name a single great thinker or renowned inventor/scientist who was a snownigger. I'll wait, for eternity.

stealing technology is great because it makes things cheaper

Yes now he gives medicin to hungry people :)

German and scandinavian scientists.

Try finding a single Intel patent without a significant amount of Chinese or Japanese names involved in the construction and development credits.
I'll wait. Dumb fuck.

Alfred
Fucking
Nobel

you god damn retard

You mean Jewish scientists.

Dark haired dark eyed master race.
You lose again Snownigger. Check your eyesight.

med civilizations are just a bunch of fags that owe everything they had to the hittites before them.

>You mean Jewish scientists
Very few jews in scandinavia, kike.

>meds

only successful because they were smart enough to get themself rulled by nordic ubermenschen.

theapricity.com/earlson/history/emperors.htm

newsroom.intel.com/editorials/x86-approaching-40-still-going-strong/

the actual blog post is pretty funny, it's ostensibly celebrating their company's achievements but literally half the post is just retarded legal sabre rattling. note how they talk about 'enforcing' their rights rather than actually fucking winning any of those lawsuits.

>turning 1s and 0s into 0s and 1s is illegal!!!
first the x299 fiasco, now this?
they're becoming desperate for attention

Many Jews in Scandinavia, and Muslims now too.
You Scandinavians only know how to construct snowballs.
Even the Christianity you value was stolen from Meds.

>because they were smart enough to get themself rulled by nordic ubermenschen.

>nordic ubermenschen
>took a bloke called Hitler who looked like a Turk in order to round them up to do something historically important
>ruled by a literal darkie
KEK
Kill yourself snownigger.

>Even the Christianity you value was stolen from Meds.

i don't have a bone in this retarded troll war but scandinavians don't value christianity at all

>>white people (intel)
This is what americans believe LMAO

Everything you value comes from Meds one way or another.
Christianity, Islam, Civilization, Humanism, Liberalism, Democracy, etc. etc.
Go back to worshiping Odin and Thor and we may talk about Nordic achievements then.

>intel
>white

>but scandinavians don't value christianity at all
Yeah, this is why all their nations have a cross in their flag innit

We just took the good parts, then threw away all the supernatural crap.

Well this degenerated

>atheism
Oh look, another Med invention.
Snowniggers think they invented atheism. This is a laugh.

>intel
>white

The only thing Snowniggers are good at is not breeding.
Just look at their fertility rates.
A collective on the way to the dumpster.

>snownigger got beautiful religion from med
>mixed it with disgusting pagan
>genocided ""witches""
>acted like barbarians for centuries
>"we are civilised race"
Kek

Atheism isn't an invention, just the natural state of humanity. You can't invent it anymore than you can invent breathing, retard.

Gas yourself, kike

You can invent the word and formalize the concept itself,
which was done by Meds.
You snowniggers didn't even understand the notion and concept of belief while the Meds were busy building civilization and giving vocabulary to everything in existence, tangible or intangible.

How did this thread turn into Sup Forums

Sarmatians > Meds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Scandis

>horsefuckers
>better than anyone

What Intel is preventing is anyone from implementing the x86 instruction set with all the modern instructions. Legally, anything before the original Pentium, which is 24 years old now and not out of patent yet, can be implemented on the basis of expired patents and that is what most existing x86 emulated chips have done.

Well you couldn't prosper during that time by being nice, also he has enough money to do charity, has nothing to do with PR

>Getting a custom ROM for a SD SOC is usually very easy. Good luck with anything else especially Hisilicon.

Samsung are complete faggots when it comes to letting people root/rom exynos phones.

I thought emulation was legal as long as they didn't use any patented/copyrighted code without permission?

>However, there have been reports that some companies may try to emulate Intel’s proprietary x86 ISA without Intel’s authorization. Emulation is not a new technology, and Transmeta was notably the last company to claim to have produced a compatible x86 processor using emulation (“code morphing”) techniques. Intel enforced patents relating to SIMD instruction set enhancements against Transmeta’s x86 implementation even though it used emulation. In any event, Transmeta was not commercially successful, and it exited the microprocessor business 10 years ago.

>Only time will tell if new attempts to emulate Intel’s x86 ISA will meet a different fate. Intel welcomes lawful competition, and we are confident that Intel’s microprocessors, which have been specifically optimized to implement Intel’s x86 ISA for almost four decades, will deliver amazing experiences, consistency across applications, and a full breadth of consumer offerings, full manageability and IT integration for the enterprise. However, we do not welcome unlawful infringement of our patents, and we fully expect other companies to continue to respect Intel’s intellectual property rights. Strong intellectual property protections make it possible for Intel to continue to invest the enormous resources required to advance Intel’s dynamic x86 ISA, and Intel will maintain its vigilance to protect its innovations and investments.

tone is pretty clear, they're essentially bragging about suing Transmeta into oblivion for trying to emulate it. 'Only time will tell if new attempts to emulate Intel’s x86 ISA will meet a different fate' isn't very subtle either. They will sue again if they think they can get away with it.

>bragging about suing a child into oblivion
>to a giant like Microsoft who sues for a living, and who are basically a lawyer training company before they are a software developer
Intel better prepare to get buttfucked.

Same was likely to happen to Nvidias Denver CPU. It was rumored for a long time that the original plan was actually to emulate x86 on it. But Intel licensed Nvidia GPU-Tech for a lot of money and the promise to use it to emulate ARM only.

That's the thing. If you implemented x86 circa 1992, you would be in the clear. But you wouldn't be able to sell the chip because losing 25 years of ISA improvements and then trying to sell itwouldn't create enough customers to justify doing it.

arm is so fuckin slow, who cares.