What ever happened to the renaming of that region in southern france, was it renamed occitanie-pays catalans...

what ever happened to the renaming of that region in southern france, was it renamed occitanie-pays catalans? or did it keep it's old name

Still undecided.

There is a lot of butthurtism in this. It's ludicrous

I dunno. They went full retards on regions name, because they recently changed how the territory is divided.

It's weird because they chose names which make no historical sense, so I don't really care about learning those anyway.

What types of names seem like nonsense?
like honestly, occitanie seems fine, it does contain a bit of catalan country

>we could have had a Nouvelle Austrasie region
>we could have had a Septimanie region

reeeeee

We could have a "Nouvelle-Aquitaine" but all the peasants from Limousin or Poitou get mad because they are "annexed".

Can somebody explain this? I haven't heard of it on the news.

tl;dr: France is reforming its Regions, this year everyone's voting on the names. Two regions have already voted on names and they're full retard.

>The flattest region in the country is called Hautes-de-France, or French Highlands
>The Southeastern region is called "Grand Est" or "Great East"

The north region was named "Hauts-de-France" it's retarded

why not just rename regions to historical ancien regions
reeeeeee

Because people are retard and have no clue about our history.

Hautes-de-France actually litterally high part of France, that sound as retarded in French as the translation.

I just hope they don't call the inhabitant les hautistes (the highers), which just sound like les autistes (the autists).

Let's say Auvergne remains Auvergne because muh Avernii tribes. The people from other parts of the country that are "annexed" by Auvergne will complain about the name.

Imagine if Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana were merged together and someone proposed calling it Greater Oklahoma or something.

On les appellera comme ça de toute façon ces dégénérés.

This. It should be called Pays-Bas Française or Pays-Bas Méridionaux.
Or just Pas-de-Calais.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE GIVE BACK ROSSELLÓ YOU DAMN FROGS WE ARE AND WE WILL BE CATALANS REEEEEEEEE

>REEEEEEEEEEEEE GIVE BACK ROSSELLÓ YOU DAMN FROGS
You're welcome to try. In these dark times, the planet needs a good laugh.

REEEEEEEEEE GIVE BACK CATALOGNE IT IS RIGHTFUL OCCITAN CLAY
CATALANS ARE JUST OCCITANS WITH A FUNNY ACCENT

>occitans
>not extinct

>The area where Occitan was historically dominant has approximately 16 million inhabitants. Recent research has shown it may be spoken as a first language by approximately 789,000 people[1][2] in France, Italy, Spain and Monaco

W E W L A D

wow, 3rd thread about French regions, what's the matter ?

CAN'T PRANK THE FRANK

pls, let's reform Francia...

Can't be worse than the EU to be frank.

>to be frank

J'avais envie de mourir
You can be united in the French Republic

>j'ai envie de mourir

Moi aussi, gamin, moi aussi