What do you think of computerphile?

What do you think of computerphile?

Seen a couple of vids. They're all pretty interesting and correct.

Good topics
Good host
Good descriptions
Good guests

Nothing to not like about it

Snooze tier delivery

1st paragraph Wikipedia summary video channel.

Near total waste of time if you are technically inclined.

>Not watching your videos in x1.5

Sorry for all those wasted hours.

If you don't find their videos interesting you don't belong on Sup Forums

do you actually do that

Best channel

They get some real quality guests, and it's sad that they get asked to talk about really entry level topical computer stuff that pander to non-technical people

>why HTML is different from C
really?

If you find their videos interesting, you shouldn't be here. They are normie-tier. I'm not saying it's a bad channel, but if have basic knowledge about computers, you won't find anything new there. And if you do find something new, you could understand as much as is presented in the video after reading two lines of Wikipedia article.

>basic knowledge about computers
Oh look, it's the "literally everything is basic knowledge" guy.

>his brain cant keep up with x1.5
wew

I was wondering why people were shitting on this channel and then I realized it was a tard and how I realized I was thinking about Numberphile.

I'll do that with long informational videos for work /school, but generally not things I'm watching for personal viewing.

xlife is short

I watch everything in 2x, 1.5x if the speaker speaks fast enough by default, think of all the time you spare if every video you watch is half as long

Going back to 1x just feels like a waste of time once you try this

x2 or x1.5 but good content

I really hate most of the people who talk, they seem like insufferable cunts who never touched a woman. The guy in your picture is good though.

t. physicist

You'll get used to it if you just go ahead and start

I mean, that shit really is simple. I've watched a few of their videos and seen nothing new. That's stuff you'd learn by yourself before colleague if you are interested in technology.

>not watching it in 2.5x with cc enabled
sorry for your wasted hours, although sometimes people speak too fast and I must switch to a lower speed. Now when I'm watching a video on another website or a different platform I just think about how I'm wasting time.

this nigga knows. Try 2.5x with cc. I wrote a basic bitch greasemonkey script that automatically sets the speed on videoBeginBuffer and appends a button on page load to set the speed to 1x -- if you need it.

Their recent video on tor hidden services was pretty good. I wouldn't call it basic knowledge, either.

The information is dumbed down a lot, I don't know why they are afraid to teach go into detail.
I think the target demographic is people who want to study CS or people who just started studying CS.

Guess people are starving for educational entertainment.

started off too casual even for an introductory level
became mostly decent a bit later for giving an overview of concepts, but let us be honest - you are not going to learn much of actual value in 5-10 minutes of time.
you might get inspiration for what to read more about though.

They're not all that casual. I really enjoyed the jpeg compression series.

it's alright.
since it's youtube and videos are about 10 minutes long the content isn't very in depth though.
still enjoyable to watch

no nonsense, in depth, accurate, and interesting