Do you like Ubuntu MATE, Sup Forums?

Do you like Ubuntu MATE, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

igurublog.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/julian-assange-debian-is-owned-by-the-nsa/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not as much as we like your mom. He's the best! He gives the best BJs!!

played around with it for a while and then went back to xubuntu.

Broken OS. Just use XFCE.

Cinnamon mint. It's like a good ubuntu.

Yeah MATE is great. Like most DEs though wonky as fuck dual monitor support.

I can't think of a single one that just werks. I can't speak for gnome or unity, but so far xfce is probably the best one. But the double edged sword is I got weird tearing issues. Never tested Compton, but I managed to figure out cinnamon. It had weird lag with moving windows. The fix? Removing the volume applet. I shit you not.

But MATE is my go to for lightweight DEs now. I just think it performs better than xfce, has a smarter control panel, and sees more of an active development.

Amazing, constructive and competent response, a rarity these days. Thanks for sharing.

>Ubuntu MATE
no
>Ubuntu
no
>MATE
no

Nah, for me it is the most laggy OS i've ever installed, even Windooz 10 with full botnet mode + couple gaems in background at once can't compete

Most decent Ubuntu distro, though I'm putting my hope in openSUSE. Do Sup Forums likes openSUSE?

Everything that ubuntu mate does xubuntu has been able to do for 8 years.

Your thoughts on Lubuntu?

This

And a Ryouko image. This dude has it all.

ubuntu is shit plain and simple its manufactured, designed, and supported in such a way as to appeal to only the most plebeian of linux users and administrators

And why do you think so?

Not him but, XFCE is better and just as light. LXDE is trying to be too minimalistic. I mean, last time I compared them side by side XFCE had a much comfier and user-friendly GUI. It just looks more complete.

in my experience I have found it to be extremely buggy with constant updates that just spur more problem.

I find that in the realm of workstation applications it begins to become unstable after many software changes using apt-get

stuff like this doesnt help me opinion:
>igurublog.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/julian-assange-debian-is-owned-by-the-nsa/

Now I feel bad for having a fetish for super minimalistic retro GUI's

I do not want to shit on anyones' parade, but I will type my two-cents: I started with Ubuntu back when it was still using gnome2 [Think it was whatever version prior to hardy haron, whatever it was called, all I remeber was the fact it had Gaim.], anyways gnome2 was pretty good. Nautilus was an excellent file manager, moving windows and panels around did not feel clunky, everything kinda of worked out of the box like explorer.exe. Fast foward to mate: and it feels must more clunky and buggy. The main thing I really do not like is the fact that it is 2017 and there are still problems with multiple monitor support. The main issue on mate is that when you select icons and or files on the desktop and try to move them around, they default onto the primary display. If you right click and organize files and or icons by xyz i.e. name, size, type, it always moves them to the primary display -- WHAT THE FUCK? Get your shit together devs. If I had money and programming knowledge I would write my own DE. There are similar problems with xfce. All in all, xfce is better because of how long it has been around. I am still using gnome2. I look foward to an alternative to x11 and xorg. Maybe wayland is the future? I really have to blame nvidia and possibly ati [Never owned an ati card.], for lacking actualy open drivers. That is all. I am a huge fan of i3 and fluxbox.

GNOME and KDE are both working on multimonitor improvements, including multimonitor with different DPI under Wayland.

Ubuntu Budgie master race

>Ubuntu MATE
Ubuntu not so much, but mate is the patricians choice for a low spec pc

>Mint
>Good Ubuntu
It's literally just a worse version of ubu

>It had weird lag with moving windows. The fix? Removing the volume applet. I shit you not.
Linux

Comes with too much bloat. Just use arch-anywhere

xubuntu does whatever lubuntu does

>xfce is an os