New MBP: Apple won

>Kaby Lake
>SSD faster than anything else on the market
>latest Intel and/or AMD graphics
>thin
>Thunderbolt 3 speeds for eGPU, storage, 2x 5K screens
>built better than any PC
>super-nice screen

Even I have to admit that this time they won big. I wonder which of the PC manufacturers will be able to create something comparable. Microsoft tried and failed miserably. Maybe VAIO will create something???

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-850-Pro-256GB-vs-Samsung-SM961-NVMe-PCIe-M2-512GB/2385vsm147864
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Kaby Lake on a fucking Macbook

Jesus fucking Christ the throttling infernos this will cause

>tfw no money

Still on an Early '08 MBP lmao

I can feel it throttling already.

Bumping for that windowsfags salty tears

>babby lake
>in a regular build, can spike up to 90C and throttle
>housefire toothpaste sandwich CPU
>intlel tells consumers not to OC an overclockable enthusiast chip
>oh boy, applel Jews come along
>known for their jet engine poopoo inefficient air cooling
>2.8GHz CPU throttles to 800MHz
>oh boy intlel and applel Jews come together to create the Ultra Goyim-Money Collector
Enjoy your 5 seconds of 4.1GHz ultra goyim boost before your laptop throttles itself to 1GHz and sets fire to itself

>4.1GHz kaby lake
>on a tiny fucking macbook
hoo boy

finally no more lag when scrolling facebook

Okay so

>Up to 4.1GHz Turbo Boost*
*When fans are at absolute max, and only for a moment until it overheats and throttles

>Up to 3.2GB/s SSD read speeds*
*in perfect lab conditions, with highest storage SSD in Raid.

>Up to 10 hours of battery life*
*In absolutely lowest demand use cases with minimum screen brightness and everything that can be turned off turned off.

Cutting-edge graphics likely being Vega, which who knows what it really is.

Thunderbolt 3 doesn't mean it will have enough PCIe lanes appropriated to be worthwhile for eGPU. Also, Apple doesn't necessarily support eGPUs and probably won't.

The screen will probably be pretty nice but my OLED display on my Alienware 13 R3 is probably better. ;^ )

>proof by assertion

/thread

>Housefire Lake
(((louis rossman))) is going to make a fortune.

Just got one last week. I fucking love it so far.

>Apple doesn't necessarily support eGPUs and probably won't
The announced official support for them at WWDC

>my Alienware

whats the starting price for a quad core with 4k screen?

not only does the screen not even come close to adobeRGB, but the scaling is fucking garbage and if you use anything else besides pure osx it will make you go blind from the blurriness

>>SSD faster than anything else on the market
Eh, isn't that just the speed of Samsung's m.2 drives?

Nothing stopping you installing Windows on the MBP.

Windows is just an OS.

I didn't know that! Although again, they might not be able to dedicate enough PCIe lanes to make it worthwhile.

Why am I going to V?
I am using one of the only small laptops with a 1440p OLED display. Why is this gaming?
Because it has a 1060?
Because Alienware sells gaming laptops and desktops also?
Why is it that, because I have an Alienware laptop, I am suddenly ONLY a gamer using it for gaming?

You're kinda dumb, hey?

I'm switching for the first time in 13 years from Windows to MacOS (MacBook Pro)

With Windows think that you are in control with the security and then you get fucked by a RAT with an encrypted stub that bypasses the in-built defender, avast and bitdefender.

I was on the verge of losing $200k worth of cryptocurrencies because of this. Luckily i have found the motherfucker when he was using my mouse remotely and started doing the cleaning manually. I've experienced moments of great shame because the last time i got hacked was 10 years ago.

Time to use a serious OS and not Windows Malware 10 (built for kids who game) which also loves to forcefully restart my computer and close all my unsaved docs because of some office updates.

The ones who hate on Apple are the broke fucks who play games all day and live in mother's basements. I was in the same category for a big part of my life. It's just a pajeet phase that i hope that you will all overcome it.

And do not even consider recommending me the dual core pieces of shit Surface Book or Pro. With the Surface Pro 4 i had the worst experience of my entire life on Earth. (Buggy tablet mode, Sleep of Death, Noisy fan). You name the bug and that piece of shit Surface had it.

Not anymore.

>this whole post

for the unbelievably low low price of 2500 you get a "powerful" laptop with shit cooling and no software that will ever utilize its full power
all you do is check emails and browse the web
stop acting like anything you do needs what is in that laptop
plus youll never hit 10 hours, they didnt put so much time into making it slim maybe you would have a battery capable of getting 10 hours of real world use

>built better than any pc
cosmetics on a pc is like puting a blind man in front of a mirror
your pc is under your desk and you spend all of your time staring at the screen

>super nice screen
ive seen it in my local apple shop
it nowhere near as good as you think it is

actually research things instead of believing whatever the fuck apple tells you
it looks nice because you paid a lot for it not because it looks nice

nigga windows vs osx has never been an arguement, everyone loves OSX except the freeware retards. OSX is literally the best OS right now

apple hate is apple hate, all due to price and shitty build quality of the internals (wrapping your foxcon shit in aluminum kek). if you want to spend several grand on a laptop, go for it, but make sure you do the research on old macbooks and how they consistently fail due to bad internals

Hahahaha oh wow
This is as good as that Sniper meme text.
Are you an idiot, sir?

These schmucks don't even know about mobile Kaby lake and how it's amazing efficiency allows for such thin and sparse cooling in the first place

>Intel's skullfucked corpse of P6
>efficient
Gimping the shit out of clocks and cores is not efficiency. Zen is efficient.

Zen doesn't even have a mobile line you dip
Tell me more about AMDs amazingly cool laptops

>what is Ryzen Mobile
>what is ANUS laptop with fucking octacore

Yes what is it?
Is it the new Waiteenhundred M?

I have used OS X a lot at work in my IT support role and goddamn if I don't think it's pretty to look at but not much more.
I like the idea of it, some things are quite easy, but not necessarily easier or better than on Windows. When something breaks or sucks on OS X, though, it is a nightmare.

Gimme Windows every time.
Although, I do tend to agree that Windows is becoming a bloated bot net.
ALTHOUGH, it is fast and smooth and relatively problem free.

>thinking mac will be any safer
Install some distro of linux, and make a vm of hackintosh/windows when you want to access them

Apple has won laptops for a while

I have a Kaby Lake i7-7700HQ and it is one toasty son bitch. Right now doing based internet it is sitting at 60c. Doing heavy lifting sees it at ~90c pretty easily.

I've lowered the vCore by .140 in which it is still stable but have only seen increases of ~-5c.

I have also re-pasted the heatsink.

So.
Yeah.
Heaty.

While I may not be able to speak on the quality of the cooling of Apple's laptops, I can say that the newer ones can crunch through 4K and 8K footage with ease if you're using their software because they can take advantage of the internals the best. Trust me, at least in regards to editing and creative work, they can be used for much more than just emails and web browsing.

MacOS is fucking amazing. After using Windows so long you just get used to the shit, once you get an OS that just werks you realize how shit it really is now.

>farcebook hires 1,000 more pajeets
>pajeets add 75mb of new js
>"we lag now"

Works on my machine
Maybe you have the highest performance CPU in the thinnest and weakest cooling system, like so many manufacturers enjoy doing

>I was on the verge of losing $200k worth of cryptocurrencies because of this. Luckily i have found the motherfucker when he was using my mouse remotely and started doing the cleaning manually.

What did he mean by this?

Can't wait for Luis Rossmann to open this one up and have a field-day laughing at the motherboard.

> SSD "faster"
I'll bet you $100 that this is yet another Macbook where the SSD is soldered into the motherboard.

If the motherboard on my laptop dies then I can just open it up and take the SSD out and put it in any other computer and that's all I need to do to recover the data. I don't need to repair the motherboard, I don't need to blindly solder anything with little or no information about the board because Apple refuses to share any information at all, all you need to do on a real laptop is to unscrew a few screws and pull out the SSD.

I'll bet you they've soldered the RAM onto the motherboard on this one too.

>screen
Anyone know what screen resolution this will have? I'm just curious since the eyephone seven barely has a 720p screen and they call that "retina".

Good for him.

He is basically talking out of his ass getting that sweet shill money.

For some reason all my music disappeared from Windows 10 recently. I had a huge pirated collection. Suspicious as all fuck although I probably just deleted it without realizing, you know there were reports of programs being automatically uninstalled by Windows 10.

try buying a $50 hardware wallet you tard

10 hours of battery life is nothing. Surface Pro 4 gets 12 hours of battery life.

Besides, it will invariably overheat regularly. That is the nature of macbooks.

>your pc is under your desk and you spend all of your time staring at the screen

Dude, we're talking about a LAPTOP. While I generally agree with you it's obvious that you're not going to put your laptop under your desk while you're using it? Or perhaps you will, if you get some pillows and pretend it's a fort then it could be quite comfortable. And in a work-place scenario it would have the advantage that coworkers and your boss can't find you?

It's not a bad machine, but if I was in the market I'd still actually prefer an specced out XPS 15, which still cost less than the base model of this.

Thank for the suggestion, but i would like to do business with my PC and not crack router passwords. Can i install the office suite in Linux ? How about illustrator or photoshop ? I could go on and on.

Gave up on Ubuntu after the Software Updater updated TOR and deleted the entire Downloads folder. To this day i still don't know what the fuck happened.

What i meant is that i had my altcoin wallets on the same computer. I was using them regularly to make transactions from my PC to various cryptocurrency exchanges.

I got lucky because the idiot hacker decided to use the RAT just like Team Viewer instead of just using the keylogger.

I have a nano ledger, you imbecile. The thing is that it doesn't have support for over 99 percent of the cryptocurrencies.

Why are you implying that there are Ryzen mobile chips when there are none and AMD told us at their financial presentation that there won't be any until the end-of-the-year holiday season?

Go look outside your window. Do you see snow? No? Then AMD isn't present in the mobile market-space. At all.

Well hang on a second. the laptop chips don't have the chunk of metal, there should be no shit tin to worry about.

still no games. How am I suppose to play battlefront 2 at 4k 60fps?

Install windows. I would totally fucking do it too.

tried one of these last week at microcenter, all my fingers broke from using the keyboard for 5 minutes, i now have to dictate to my computer with my voice using speech to text

>I am a very real person and this is my real life story. This isn't a fabrication to fill my boring void of a life at all.

: ^)

>muh feminine finger
lift some weights you betafaggot

>price
price is irrelevant. if you want the best you gotta pay premium. period. that's the case with everything in the world.

That's what I'm getting at, though. This chip in the mac will do much the same as it does to me, only worse since my laptop is pretty thick and has a large heatsink/fan setup.

This thing still tops out at 16GB ram, u fukkin kiddin me m8?

>Look how fast my Mac is
Unless you're just that invested in running minesweeper pro on ultra why not just get Linux instead of admitting to the world that you're a power bottom?

STOP FUCKING POSTING THIS THREAD JESUS CHRIST

soldered ssd, soldered ram, great screen

I just don't understand the hate here. Can you people not appreciate the bigger picture that apple is all about the more then the sum of it's parts?
People are so used to race to the bottom of the barrel pricing on junk plastic machines that break in a year. I'll take a 10% hit on performance for a reliable machine that will last and work exceptionally well.

Gestalt

>netburst 2.0 spawn
>cooling efficiently
That shit will melt.

You let the blues move in now I'm moving out

Kaby lake mobile is amazingly efficient, practically ushering in thin&light bullshit

Upgrade your meme, the screen is calibrated to P3.

Feminine fingers are the best.

>louis "I'm a kike, so God has given me permision to lie" (((Rossmann)))

>amazingly efficient
Do you mean throttles amazingly?

wtf is this meme
I thought rossmann was /ourguy/

>throttling 2016-2017 MacBook pro
>bad performance
not a single citation listed.

People hate him because he doesn't share their opinions.

No, I hate him because is a lying kike.

But does it come with a digitizer/stylus?

Apple always wins.

The thing is while you get all those horror stories on the internet about Windows laptops that broke in 1 year just 2 months past their warranties, there are just as many, if not more users out there whose Toshibas or Asuses kept on chugging for more than 5 years. They don't particular care about things like UI consistency or intuitive workflows as long as they can fill out applications on the internet, use office programs, download pdfs, and have their printer working with the computer in less than 10 minutes. Basic computer tasks are basically all achievable with an HP envy or UX305 that are not too different from a Macbook Pro in functionality yet costs $500 less, so why pay so much more for that slightly elevated "user experience"?

>He is lying because he doesn't say things that I believe

>i

>Up to 3.2GB/s SSD read speeds
Samsung SDD last year.

>Samsung SDD last year.
not even close. Apple's SSD smokes Samsung SSDs. nothing even comes close to APple's new SSD.

>implying

>that boasted peak sequential read speeds of 1.6GBps and max sequential write speeds of 1.5GBps.
>revealed it could achieve more than 1.4Gbps for writes and more than 1.3Gbps for reads
>specs claim it has sequential read/write speeds of 3.1Gbps and 2.1Gbps per second, respectively
>pinned the needle on the read speeds at 2.2Gbps, while the write performance remains the same ... at 1.4Gbps
One, I love how they switch between Bps and bps.
Two, ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-850-Pro-256GB-vs-Samsung-SM961-NVMe-PCIe-M2-512GB/2385vsm147864
Welcome to Samsung m.2 SSDs.

As someone who presses the ctrl key a lot, the laptop keyboard sucks shit, but otherwise it's an ok machine.

Sup Forums might be utter shit, but they hate Ayylmaoware and any "gaming laptop".

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Epic maymay

nigga, we're talking about LAPTOPS!

kek.... stay mad.

When will this be released?

And laptops don't have m.2 SSDs?

lol.. different power requirements, diff performance. stay in school.

>When will this be released?
Nov 2017.

Feb/Mar 2018 is when Mac Pro will be out too.

Same power supply, same performance.
Try going to school once in a while.

When Raven Ridge will be available?
They couldn't wait at least for it?

Damn. I was just about to buy the late 2016 model. Think I should wait? Currently don't have a PC atm

Who cares ThinkPad workstations have been doing 4GHz with pcie nvme and Nvidia (not AMD garbage) with 4k screens for years.

Apple workstations have been a joke since jobs died.

make a Hackintosh. should last you till next year for sure. I would not buy Mac Pro right now. it's a really bad deal.

it really depends on what you want to do with it.

Apple does not use AMD CPUs so they'll use Intel one. I'm guessing this is due to lack of Thunderbolt 3. AMD really needs to get their shit together.

>Apple workstations have been a joke since jobs died.
That has all changed after this WWDC. Apple got a lot of shit from loyal Mac fans for letting everything stagnate. Then Microsoft kicked them into shins as well with Surface. Apple woke up and they completely demolished everything. iMacs are now amazing and RAM/disks are upgradable. Also, new Mac Pro will be completely modular.

Apple's definitely back on the Mac train.

There will always be a new machine on the horizon. If you don't have a PC you probably need one.

Wait, are new ones being released this year -after- the ones just refreshed at wwdc?

>Even I
Who the fuck cares about you?

>le thunderbolt maymay
Apple only has to buy the controller. I bet that the reason for Apple reticence to embrace Ryzen is either
>AMD as processor brand is seen as "cheap and bad" thus damaging the image of Apple as "luxury" brand
>Intel has grabbed Apple by the balls with contracts