Fish cooled PC

For maximum Aesthetic water cooling, would it be possible to chain a water cooling loop with an algae reactor chain and an aquarium?

The only problem i could imagine would be issues if you used a regular water cooling pump but i cant see why you couldn't power it with an aquarium pump.

Supposing it doesn't get all dirty and clogged up I don't see why not

If you manage to pull this off you're going to be drowning in pussy.

But it does get dirty and algea grows everywhere.

No, algae growth would ruin the thermal conductivity.

Just use a heat exchanger to keep the fluids from mixing,but giving you a much higher total mass to put that heat into.

Fixed with an inline filter

Algae reactors use maco algae which is basically sea weed to filter nitrate and phosphate from the water so there wouldn't be any algae in the loop. And i figured the heat going into the reactors would help the algae grow at a faster rate and can be harvested and used as plant fertiliser.

Good luck to maintenance that shit.

Hope you aren't hooking your GPU up to your cooling system. Even with a 280mm radiator and dual 140mm fans on full blast my 390x can heat the liquid to around 60C, which would make living things pretty uncomfortable I imagine

incorporate a mobile fish respiration apparatus into your design

that would be problem if the aquarium was small.

With enought water there will be never more than 35C in aquarium
That is some second grade elementary school science.

This will not work.

Ask my why I dare you.

>That is some second grade elementary school science.
especially since you didnt use any math to arrive at the conclusion, just a vague generalization hoping that any given tank will indeed hold 'enough water'

Use a heat exchanger
It works for nuclear power plants it will work for you. Two loops. System loop and algae loop

I figured warm water fish would be fine especially using a 10 or even 20 gallon tank and good flow i could keep it to around 27C

Do

idk, can we build a puppy cooled v8?

also how the fuck do you plan on getting this shit to actually pump water, especially after you add an inline filter to it?
btw algae will just fuck everything up.

That is cute,you did not either tho.
I was at least basing my post on OP's picture where the tank is big enought.

>but i cant see why you couldn't power it with an aquarium pump.
>Algae reactors use maco algae which is basically sea weed

>pic related macro algae harvested from a reactor

Yeah, a larger thermal mass would possibly keep things cooler for longer but not necessarily cap the temperature. That depends on a lot of other things like what the tank is made of. Essentially, if the PC is able to pump more heat into he aquarium than the aquarium can lose to the environment, the whole thing will slowly warm up. You'd be surprised what some of these components can put out in terms of heat. Thanks for the cute insult by the way, not like I got a degree in this shit or anything

why

You must count the thermal conductivity for the entire system to make sure that your system is good. And it's still assuming that entire system works in steady state which is almost impossible in real life.

wouldn't it be a better idea to have two systems, thermally-coupled?
that way you don't need to worry about putting shit water through your PC, and you can safely use coolant on the PC side

Boiled fish... yummy

>not like I got a degree in this shit or anything
cute appeal to authority
>cap the temperature
Diminishing returns would actually cap the temperature if we do not talk about some extreme and stupid case
Like using the cooler in 50C room
With 1l aquarium made of aluminium
and tubes being just 30cm long for almost no travel time

It is harder and harder to warm lots of water using little long tube with large travel time in any plausible user case.

Just because you can imagine rare situation where your argument might work does not make it valid for general use.

I could claim the squarium is 100000000gallons
Fishes are super mutants that can survive from -40c to +500c
etc...

Unless they're tropical salt water.

And that adds another layer of stupid to this idiot sandwich.

i wonder how much would it cost to simply run tap water through your pc

It's really not a good idea.

Even if you "cap" the temps, fish DO NOT like temperature changes. It'll kill them.

You'd need some way to make sure the water stays the same temperature.

a cheap psu might shock your fish.

Thanks for your inpuet, Sergei

it would suck if you boiled your fish but you could eat it afterwards

>cute appeal to authority
what authority? why would I appeal to them here? I just thought you were cute so I decided to say something, no need to get all upset about it. You're getting pretty upset on the internet, maybe it's time to have a rest friend, you seem excessively mad considering that all I said was that I went to college. Is that some sort of sore spot for you?

>can't heat up a big aquarium with a small tube
well if you pump hot water through it fast enough you can. Again, the total energy flow is going to dictate how high the temperature rises and that relies on a variety of conditions.

>obscure conditions
Actually I can think of a variety of pretty common circumstances that would at least make a difference in how warm the setup ends up, like whether or not the aquarium has lighting or is by a window. Seems like a pretty volatile setup.

You are going to kill fish pointlessly. Just give it up.

>water cooled nvidia cards
>fish get cooked

You'd kill the fish.
On top of that, if you did, minus the fish, have two separate water loops. One for the algae water, the other sealed off that just has pipes dipping into the fish tank to cool down. If you let the stuff going through the cpu even touch the air, algae reactor or no, algae from the air will get in the loop and clog up everything.

just submerge a rad in the water and use it as a water/water heat exchanger.

This is the correct answer

Just put ice on your video card. I usually do in a ziploc bag, keeps my 550M cool.

You would be better off using a heat exchanger method to take the heat from the PC. The fish tank water would kill the PC parts. If you keep the two fluids separated with only exchanging heat this would be an interesting idea.

That in mind, you would have to be careful as fish are sensitive to temperature change so a gaming session might kill the fish. A big enough tank it should be Ok.

Massive waste of time and energy

It would be good idea if your location has 50% of humidity.

So are you but someone put the effort into raising you.

That'd be 40,000 gallons a month at least which would be nonsensical waste.

One word: Biofouling

how about if combined with a normal setup, with something like a solenoid valve and microcontroller to cycle through just enough tap water to maintain a reasonable temperature?

Never asked for this

Nice one, Satan.

Unless you plan on keeping your pc running at the same temp all the time the fish will be very uncomfortable with the constant heat changes.

Theres a reason why fish tanks have heaters.

Like for example if your pc is not under load while youre sleeping the temperature in the tank will drop alot.

it would get dirty and clogged up, but you could do it with a heat exchanger.

aio/ custom loop with the rad in the fish tank. Tank has a 12v aquarium pump and larger rad. You could even use a fan controller with a temp sensor to control the tank loop.
>Puts a little meth in the fish food and overclocks the guppies too.

>2017
>not running your loop from a tank kept in the freezer section of your mini fridge
>paying for electricity

My CPU temp can go from 34C typical to 50C when it's under full load and I believe it hit 60C with the old stock cooler, same happens with the GPU. Just going from little load when you're just browsing the web to full load for an hour while gaming could change the fishes temperature a lot.

Or not, I assume the fish tanks heater is based on temperature so ... it could be that in a cold room full load on the PC would simply result in the tanks heater adjusting to lower output?

I don't even have a fish so I don't know too much about the tanks.

>killing fish to keep your giggybiggys

>not inversely underclocking your fish to offset the overclock on your cpu
get a load of this guy

You can't connect the aquarium to the cooling directly because then you'd need a filter to keep the pipes clean but filter out stuff the fish needs, and I'm not only talking about food here (depending on how good the filter is).

What would actually work and still look nearly the same: Just put the radiator and pipes of your water cooling system inside the aquarium, so you have a seperatar water circuit inside the aquarium. Better yet, put the radiator close to the water pump in the aquarium usually used to create some water circulation for the fish (or the pump the pumps air to create some bubbles). But even without the pump, it should work fine. You can do all sorts of shit with this.

Around 15 years ago my brother build his own water cooling system. He bought a regular heat exchanger for the CPU, bought a pump usually used for gardening which pumped like 50L/min and went to a scrapyard to get a radiator. He found one from a Mercedes truck, was a bit larger than than a bigtower and weighed 15kg. That system could easily cool 200-300W without any airflow needed.

I've taken these ideas into consideration and came up with this.
A symbiotic relationship between a PC and an algae farm growing edible macro algae(seaweed) such as chlorella or even sea grapes.

The water flow from the algae farm keeps the PC cool while the heat from the PC encourages faster growth in the algae.

You're all cuties

Better, but it might be an improvement to ditch the filter for a dual loop system that's been mentioned a few times.