>get Windows 10 immediately as it's released for free on all my devices
>20 something year old friends all hesitate because they're scared of change
>just like my grandma
>tell them they should do it because it's free now
>they laugh at me because they can just pirate it
>2 years later they want to upgrade
>costs $100+ for pro edition
>tell them to pirate it
>they're worried about bitcoin miners and viruses, along with it not working properly

Man, it feels good to be on the bleeding edge. I'm the only one who actually has a job doing computer related shit too, but they never listen to my advice.

I got a couple of friends like this.
Don't understand why they never listen to good advice... OS or hardware wise.

listening to your advice would break their illusion that they know better / are better than you

>2 years later

I just use the official Microsoft media creator on my main pc to make free install media for my other computers.

In fact I did it last week.
Look how far the windows installer has come
youtu.be/-aDGftEXguk

Is there any downside to me downloading the Win10 LTSB iso for my new build and just using it past the 90day trial limit?

I mean, what's the worst that could happen? An annoying watermark or the occasional popup?

apparently my University sells it for cash only for 10 dollars. I really don't understand how that works

>do exactly this
>use windows 10 for half a week
>weird shit keeps happening

>be reading shit on a web page and scroll down
>page scrolls back up as if someone else was on the computer reading along and wasnt done yet so they just took the liberty of moving the page back up
>happened constantly

>I swear Ive seen my mouse move on its own (read botnet)

>I saw the telemetry before the hype was blown up about it
>sitting on idle on a clean install while running nothing will establish hundreds of connections all over the world
>everywhere from brazil to china
>xbox does the same thing
Yea, I noped the fuck back to windows 7 and linux

The last Windows they released on vinyl was Vista.

>not knowing that it's still free and legal
You only need a win7 key.

>Buy a Thinkpad for le memes
>Quite a recent one too, because fuck you, I'm a baller
>It has Windows 10 on it
>Cool, I can see what it's like before I upgrade my main desktop
>Also dual-boot with Linux to see if that's better
>tfw Linux deletes shit, stops working for no reason, the package manager of this distro is terrible, almost no documentation online, and the experience is generally terrible
>tfw still can't decide whether or not Windows 10 is better in spite of all that

It'll be subsidised somehow. The university probably pays the rest.

>Not downloading Windows 10 Home for free from Microsoft.com
>he doesn't know about the free legit copy

Insert smug.jpg here

You don't even need that.

worse girl

>dual-boot

How?

>microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

By claiming you're a retard...
All you have to do is click the upgrade button and run the installer

You still need activated windows for that though

Don't you need a legit version of Windows 7 to do this?

>Don't understand why they never listen to good advice

Because nobody listens to any kind advice unless they are desperate need of it.

It's this meme again
microsoft.com/en-gb/accessibility/windows10upgrade

>3GB+ download required; internet access fees may apply. Windows 10 Upgrade Offer is valid for qualified Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 devices, including devices you already own. Some hardware/software requirements apply and feature availability may vary by region and device. Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update required. Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1. To check for compatibility and other important installation information, visit your device manufacturer’s website and theWindows 10 Specifications page. Windows 10 is automatically updated. Additional requirements may apply over time for updates.

It doesn't really says that

>linux deletes shit
lolwhut? Windows 10 is the one that deletes your files.

So do I just install a trial windows 7 and then update or do i have to crack it first?

>almost no documentation online

Why would you have ever considered using a distro that has no documentation?

Well try it. I never had to use this method since I'm a Windows Insider anyways

I'll admit that it was actually me who deleted it. My distro made about 15 different hard drive partitions, because I failed to install it properly the first couple of times, and when I tried to merge them, everything broke.

It has a wiki which I thought would be full of correct information, but it turns out it's just full of weird inaccurate bullshit.

I'm going to switch to Fedora. Hopefully that will work.

It won't make your install legit though. It says unable to contact activation server for me. So I just used Ms toolkit because I wanted a clean install

Microsoft toolkit...

Good to know

it did for me

Well my 8.1 install was activated with the toolkit so maybe that's why it wouldn't activate with the accessibility upgrade. If you had a proper key, then it's probably okay. Everything still worked fine and it stopped bugging me, but I wanted a clean install not an upgraded one.

windows 8+ never actually activates
you just get like a 180 day trail that the software auto renews every 160 days

the funny thing is that there's zero issues with an unactivated windows 10, you can just keep using it indefinitely. it even still receives updates like normal, unlike how win7/8 just shit on you after like a month

using toolkit/mspico gets you volume licensing, which isn't some trial, but volume licenses have to check with VL server every 180 days. mspico at least is just a tiny emulator for this server for validation, it's nice for office

>not knowing Europe allows it to be sold second hand
>Not knowing max legal price is now $20

Sucks to be a shart-in-mart