MPC is crashing when I try to play the following file:

MPC is crashing when I try to play the following file:

> [UCCUSS&UBW] Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade (BD 1920x1080p AVC FLAC SUPx7).mkv

Every other video I have still works. Is there something about the way this is encoded that might make it harder to render?

The crash occurs specifically if I have to seek/skip forward or back in the video for any reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

haruhichan.com/forum/showthread.php?7545-KCP-Kawaii-Codec-Pack
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump because I'm dead inside.

use mpc-be

>Anime
Hi. Have fun on Sup Forums.

Install Gentoo with mpv.

I am.

Installed through Kawaii Codec Pack though so has lav filters and other shit.

Shit taste

Help me you big fuckin gays

>codec packs
>2017
what the fuck are you doing? use mpv or mpc-hc

Maybe it tells you to not watch trash.

I am using MPC-HC. Would I not need a codec pack to use it?

You want madVR and xysubfilter, and unless you want to install them separately the easiest way is with K-Lite Standard or CCCP. (K-lite is currently more up to date)

try renaming the file

I used KCP as I mentioned, which also includes both of those. I'm wondering if they might actually be the problem? I know madVR causes weird hangups sometimes.

People tell me to use MPCHC instead of VLC.

Can you fully spell out what that is and also tell me why it's better?

Are you trying to play it with or without the external audio? (it will try to use it automatically if you downloaded it)

Without. Tried deleting/renaming it so it wouldn't play but there's still crashes/slowness in changing position when using the standard audio.

Works fine on my end without one, and this isn't even a recent versino of mpc-hc. If anything you might want to install LAVFilters and xy-VSFilter, not some bloated codec pack.

I have both of those. I'm using this:

haruhichan.com/forum/showthread.php?7545-KCP-Kawaii-Codec-Pack

Works here.

>16:9

And god is this thing bloated. CRF 15.5 for 1080? Never mind the useless FLAC.

I know the file is stupidly encoded but it's the only one I could see with subs that weren't ass (every characters text being the same colour even when talking simultaneously, font way too large, half the dialogue not even displaying).

The only thing I know about why VLC is worse is that it lowers the sound quality, other than that, it has many more features than mpv.

B-b-b-b-but I need lossless 24-bit FLAC for all my anime voices and shitty throwaway background music. And 10-bit encodings. And 1080 at all times.

Have you tried uninstalling KCP and downloading just mpc-hc instead?

Will consider that as a last resort. Are the filters and madVR stuff actually that important or have I been fooled by another Sup Forums meme?

madVR has the non-shitty scalers and xysubfilter has nice performance. You can just set madVR to Jinc upscaling for both chroma and luma. Spline if you're on a potato.

uninstall kcp, install mpc-hc, xysub filters, madVR configure ur mpc-hc and madVR. done

Aren't I then just installing the same stuff as in KCP?

If it is downloaded via a torrent site, try force rechecking in your client, sometimes they aren't fully downloaded. If it is a remux, it's probably hasn't been done correctly and is causing the aforementioned crashes.

kcp is outdated.

xysubfilters isn't in kcp, also you're getting the latest version for each the the mentioned one which kcp doesn't offer.

I'm thinking it may be the file, considering EVERY other video I try with it works. Even the external audio file though, when played seperately (no video) has the same issues so it's possibly the way it's encoded? Rechecking says its fine, but I'll check for another source.

Both good points, thanks.

This has been out since 2015 with no complaints. Something is probably just fucked with your setup.

Uninstalled KCP and reinstalled standard MPC-BE (prefer the black look + seekbar preview).

I think it's honestly the video file combined with being on a shitty HDD. It took a few seconds to buffer before playing which I've never had before. It's possible the file is just too bloated for my PC to handle.