AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/29975/what-does-it-mean-for-a-cryptocurrency-to-be-asic-resistant
twitter.com/AnonBabble

AMD make so much bank off cryptofarmers I wouldn't be surprised if they manipulate the cryptocurrencies to try and encourage farming.

>amd is so great at mining alt-coin this is their market set value
aha

But who cares, except retarded gaymers?

What the fuck? That's like 3-4 times its MSRP. Fucking cryptofucks.

>bankrupt
>all GPUs sell as soon as they reach the shelves

That seems to be the exact opposite.

Only complete retards would pay this much though. You can get 1070 and get the same performance for less money.
The reason for AMD popularity in mining was always incredible money to performance ratio, and if it's inflated this much no one will buy.
Except for retarded newfags who will blindly follow internet guides.

Would minerfags buy my rx480 msi 8gb?
If so, for what price?
Germany btw

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DELET

>making a product extrenely attractive to the point where they can ramp up the price and still sell well
>lel bankrupt

Nice logic

>AMD known for best bang for the buck
>cryptoshit drives the price up
>AMD known for....
>....

Nvidia wins.

are cryptominers bad in the long term or not

For GPU markets apparently.

It sort of fucks up AMD's entire marketing strategy of undercutting Nvidia.

If AMD isn't cheaper for the performance, they don't have a selling point.

So... right now they don't have a selling point.

No. AMD won because their cards are selling so well the prices go up.

when it dies down the market gets flooded with cheap used gpu's. AMD actually get quite a nice market share bump.

I think its a win win for AMD - you fab line is at capacity, product is flying off the shelf and at the end of it you end up with more customers at the end.

The only real downside is some of your core may be forced into getting a nvidia card if they are upgrading today.

AMD cards pay for themselves even at ridiculous prices. How is this bad again?

Pretty sure yes. 400's and 500's are sold out in every european store I checked, and the ones that still have a stray 480 are trying to sell it at 450-500€. I say throw the shit at the wall and see if it sticks, try selling it online for 400€ or so, then lower it a bit if it doesn't sell.

Fucking this. Even at this pricing AMD cards still have better bang for buck than nvidia rubbish.

I have an RX480 8gb xfx GTR black edition should I sell it for $450 and get a GTX 1080?

>used
More like abused. When the cards start dying fast it's going to reflect badly on AMD.

you should mine with it to make more money duh

It's only one GPU I can't do much with it anyways other than Gayyming. I want to hold on until Vega, but this waiting is pissing me off.

Miners underclocks and undervolt their GPUs, user.

Get 1080.

So now tell me why would anyone buy your RD480 instead of 1080 themselves? Knowing that 1070 is actually better at mining that RX480.
You can give it a try and maybe you will find some brainlet who will blindly buy your card because internet told him that RX480 is the best GPU for mining (which was true before it sold out) but unless you get complete moron no one will buy.
If you don't use it for anything then you can try mining ETH yourself. It's gold mine right now.

it's pretty hard to compare reputation to card sales though.

you could speculate the 2-5% increase in RMA's would impact AMD in some way, kind of a moot point

But Nvidia cards consume way less power, AMD cards' ratio are still better despite that?

>rx580 8GB is €260-330 here
stop buying from shit websites that inflate their prices

also shit bait

>way less power
Miners care about compute. GCN is better at delivering compute/watt running on optimal clocks.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUU MINERS!

I'm waiting 2 weeks already. I did not even get information about "when" is new stock.

I can as well cancell and wait for fucking Volta fuck fuck fuck...

I m so mad right now. If I could carry gun I'd shoot them,sadly euro cucks got no guns.

>mfw got an RX 480 for $170 just before the prices shot up

> he unironically believes this

but they run the cards 24/7 and at 100% fan speed. I had a 280X from a miner rig, one of the fans seized after a couple of weeks, I had to replace it.

That's fans, you can easily replace them. ASIC itself is usually fine.

It's true that miners run their cards cooler than average gamer (undervolting and fans at full tilt in open air), but they also run them 24/7, opposed to mostly light desktop load with the occasional game.

Not sure if and how much it affects the ASICs, but I know that my 280X has died on me recently.

me too senpai, feels good desu

the 780/980 pain is too strong
770 burned me out of nvidia

>770
I'm so sorry, user.

I dropped it for 390, so i'm good even now at 1440p

>They don't have a selling point
>Continuously sold out
K

>tfw sold my year old RX 470 for 300$ and will buy Vega.

Wait for Vega.

Buying these for shitcoin mining will fall apart when the idiots realise they won't recover their costs for 3 years or when the bubble pops whichever is sooner.

They are not being restocked.

>waiting for overpriced 1070

290 = 390.

290x = 390x

290/390 = 480/580

290x/390x > 480/580

Just a friendly reminder. AMD is yet to bring out anything stronger than a 290x that is not Fury.

I also had an ex-miner 280x, died 4 months after I got it. Luckily I had alread re-sold it by then.

And? Who cares. Gaymen buy nvidia anyway.

oh no people will be forced to buy objectively superior nvidia gpus and amd cards are actually getting sold

oh no

>objectively superior nvidia gpus
1.7 Woodscrews porkshoulders housefires fuck off Huang.

They don't actually, you can undervolt a 580 to nearly match a 1060 easily

what the hell is this thread even doing here

>what is technology

show me something that beats the 1080
oh right WAIT for vega

>Objectively superior
Even the RX570 is faster than the 6GB 1060

not in stock breh

No no no no, AMD was bankrupt and finished last week. Now it's someone else's turn. Can't take two turns in a row. We have traditions here.

You could run it for a hundred years like that and the solid-state circuits would not fail. The fan on the other hand, is a different story.

>Telling people to not use shit websites while using Inet and not Netonnet
Smh senpai

But they're selling so much they can't keep up with the demand??!?

>huge demand for Amd cards
>finished and bankrupt

Really jogs my noggin

The thermal cycles are what often cause physical failures in hardware like that. Some parts of the hardware are better off being kept at a constant, reasonable temperature rather than fluctuating wildly (as with games).

It does murder the fans, though, and there are still some other parts of the hardware that can fail unrelated to thermal cycles.

GPUs are only ever used for video games. If you were REALLY mining crypto currency (and you're not, you just made it up to not get sent back to Sup Forums), you would be using an ASIC.

Once again,

I cant remember last time the demand for AMD card was this strong. They literally cant produce enough of them, the demand is ridiculous.

>the last time
Hawaii launch.

Mook should just rename the board to

Sup Forums - noone knows shit about Technology

Many Cryptos have taken steps to prevent ASIC mining, thus you need a GPU

>ETH
>ASIC mining

Sure, that doesn't sound made up
moot hasn't been in charge in years, newfag

Then do your part and educate them instead of whining like a bitch about it.

>Sure, that doesn't sound made up

Mate, stop being retarded
A cursory Google search would show you that many Cryptos are designed to resist basic mining, such as ETH

bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/29975/what-does-it-mean-for-a-cryptocurrency-to-be-asic-resistant

>moot
maybe you should read it again buddy

Nah, I'd rather call him a retard than spoonfeeding him

>believing everything you read on stackexchange

No they don't. The retailers do.

>Price is determined by supply and demand
>There's such a huge demand for AMD GPUs their prices skyrocket
>Somehow this means AMD is bankrupt

Nvidiot logic, everyone

Thus making it an endless circle. Improvement starts with yourself.

Is the RX 480 faster then all nVidia cards for mining?

They clearly dont need that selling point to literaly sell all the cards they can make, and by the time the crypto curruncy bubble bursts theyr cards will apear on the used market much cheaper, making nvidia only an option for the very high end, if vega doesnt rape them there too.

No at these prices you are better off mind with a 1070

No you should mine with it , dumb poorfag

Leave, retard

Mining*

Why are people even buying GPUs?

You stopped being able to make BTC with GPUs years ago

Are they mining altcoins?

Ethereum is the new meme coin.

Yep. GCN-chips are so power hungry because they are not pure gaming chips. Every consumer GPU Nvidia built since Maxwell is pretty bad at GPGPU.

Are you saying I can sell my 580 right now and get the money for Vega (or the top Nvidia card)?

>290x/390x > 480/580
only true for older games

why did 480's jump so hard? they used to be like 250 dollars

>rx 580
>cost more then a 1080 Ti

Pajeets on suicide watch!

don't get why they're finished and bankrupted.

the bad reviews are most likely from the cards being overpriced and hard to get at decent prices due to cryptofags buying them at high prices.

If anything they're making more money due to those people.

>4-5 years ago
>building first PC
>plan on getting a 7950
>Sup Forums keeps telling me to wait, wait, new gen is coming out prices will drop
>wait you faggot
>fuck it
>can't wait no more
>buy it for like $190
>mfw not even 2 weeks later bitcoin finally hit the normies and all the AMD cards doubled in price due to the new mining interest

AMD make no extra coin from this. Only the scammers who sell them to the public. AMD and its partners should sell direct to fuck miners off.

I kinda wish I had bought a 480 to resell to miners and then buy dual 470s

god fucking damnit
this makes me sad

I bought a 480 at xmas. What's going on with the pricing now?

>make GPUs for gaymers and indians
>Indians use it to create fake pirate currency instead
>use the fake currency to buy Nvidia gpus

failure as a company

AMD may be selling GPU's like hot cakes right now. But when the bubble bursts and everyone starts selling them used AMD will make no profit from new cards. It's one reason they probably are not increasing production to meet demands because they don't want to be left holding onto a shit load of stock that nobody will buy due to already buying Nvidia cards and used cards will be so cheap to buy.

It's a double edged sword. This ruins AMD's gaming market share and gaming profile. Everyone will stay with Nvidia because they see AMD as the overpriced and unavailable GPU aimed at miners instead of gamers.

>Indians
Don't you mean chinks?

AMD pretty much maxed their possible profit in time selling everything they can produce. This shit is good for AMD.

Chinks are already rich enough
they're using that money to buy their own shit

Gaymurz don't buy AMD, ever, so it doesn't really matter.

Bitcoin mining rush from people who have no idea what the fuck they're doing

Sell yours for $600 right the fuck now, buy a 470 (or two, they're only $220), and then after this all blows over you can do whatever but you'll have lotsa money

>AMD sells a lot of cards for a lot of money to rich dipshits
>said dipshits then sell their cards back to the masses
>AMD still has brand recognition as the Affordable Guy except they have a lot of money now