Mac Alternative for Normies

So my sister is a bit of a basic bitch and she really wants a Macbook of some sort.

What's a good alternative for a normie like her?

I was thinking of a ThinkPad T500 or something with Windows 7, she won't be running Linux or anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

krugermatz.com/en_US/p/Explore-1402-ultrabook-/2359
play.google.com/store/search?q=airplane mode
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Name?

A Macbook.

>basic bitch
Nothing. She'd have no use for anything that people on Sup Forums would use and she'd likely get all kinds of viruses on Windows because she probably downloads and opens everything she sees. OSX will keep her mostly out of trouble and it's what she wants, so let her get it.

this

Just let her get a MacBook if that's what she already wants.

>you will never tightly bind her with zipties and wrap her mouth shut with duct tape before shoving your cock in her ass and listen to her muffled pleas

why live

Unironically get her a MacBook Pro from 2015 so she doesn't have donglefest going on.

She wants a computer, she'll buy herself one. What have you got to do with it?

Alright lads, will do.

I know nothing of the series and I don't see a Mac general, what's a good secondhand model?

>What's a good alternative for a normie like her?
what do you consider a normie? somebody under 300 lbs who spends less than 8 hours a day on Sup Forums and isn't a virgin?

fucking loser. I bet you don't even have a home server.

MacBook 2015. All the good ports are still on it.
get the fuck out

if she is black buy her macbook and iphone so she can pretend to be rich and etc.

>MacBook 2015. All the good ports are still on it.

Just scanning eBay right now, holy FUCK, why are these pieces of shit so expensive? Because they have a cheap ass magnesium case?

Even second-hand, the average is $1K USD.

It's not you're money dude.
Sometimes let bitches just be bitches.

If she has her heart set on a Mac then don't bother arguing and try reasoning with her. Her mind is made up and odds are she is just looking for validation.
Ask her sincerely if she is determined to get a Mac and if she will listen to advice. Nothing bothers me more than people asking for your opinion and advice then disregarding it with no consideration as they were in fact just looking to get backed up in the choice they already made.

It should be perfectly obvious now that I'm buying this for her, you drooling retard. Go sit in the corner.

A late 2013-14 one is probably the best. It still has all the ports, you can change almost every component in it and it really covers all her needs.

>and etc

kys

he's the tech-savvy relative that normies trust with their tech needs

>What's a good alternative for a normie like her?
Get her a Macbook. That's probably what she wants. If you get her anything else, she'll hate it and hate you in return.

Don't be an idiot.

well, whatever you do don't go any more recent or you get pulled into the USB-C meme that is just dongles.

you could also try 2013 macbooks and the shitshow that is the 2013 Air
black macbooks dont exist, there's only skins and other shit that cover your computer. Also colorware paints them

/sci/ goes real life.

Buy iPad Pro.

Why are you paying for your sisters computer?

People used to buy the newest shit, then sell the old shit for high prices so they would always have the newest shit and some sucker would have older shit at a high price. You could get new her to do that too, and tell her to upgrade every 2-3 years and just pay the $7-800 difference. But with those shitty touch bars, I don't know if people will still be buying.

Kek, so true.

Old used Macs have an unreasonable premium attached to them. The new ones seem to carry less of a premium over other new laptops today.

>3DPD
fuck off and kill yourself

Make sure it's the cheapest macbook air. She wont need anything more for browsing facebook anyway.

buy her this
krugermatz.com/en_US/p/Explore-1402-ultrabook-/2359
and put elementary on it, she won't even realize it's not a macbook

Shiet is that semondemon in pic your sister?
I could buy her a MacBook if she really wants one.

***sexual favors with pic related are strongly implied***

>black macbooks don't exist
pic related, but you're right about current day.

Space Grey is no alternative.

that's it pajeet back to work

> dropping 1000$ on your basic bitch sister...

I would buy an X220, X230 or something similar. Dell also has these ligher weights 13-14" models.

Get her a used one, there are plenty "used enterprise ones", they come with Windows 7, only need an SSD or a new battery IF you even need one.

I mean they can run Facebook and shit, what else she is gonna need?

These cost you around 200-250$. If she only wants a MacBook, she will not use it anyway. Probably she wants it for social status or some shit.

Yes, that is me too.
But when relatives / people ask me and get my recommendation, they don't fucking expect me to pay for their shit.
I mean how much of a cucklord you have to be to get cucked BY YOUR OWN SISTER?!
That's some next level beta/autism shit.

> one sis wants a "good smart phone"
> recommend G4
> she buys one
> it's been working perfectly ever since and she is very happy with it

> father wants a "good business smartphone"
> recommend htc 10
> buys one
> he's been very happy, he says it's very fast, battery lasts 2 days

> other sis ignores me, buys a shit Huawei Lite phone (P8, P9, dunno, all Huawei Lite sucks)
> she also buys some cheap ass tablet
> they both lag like hell, work like shit
> "these smart devices are really shitty nowadays"

lel

how much of basic bitch? I mean what is she using it for?

I still use my late 2006 macbook, the battery lasts a fucking week in sleep mode. Make sure you get the model with core 2 duo and ati graphics. If it isn't maxed out yet, you can get 3GB RAM and a cheap SSD for almost nothing. Something from this era or maybe a few years newer will cost you like $70 and work great for anything normie tier.

Just let her get a macbook.
Told my gf she can buy one if she wants but I won't touch it if something breaks.

>t. mactoddler

a chromebook

my main pc is a ivy bridge i5 clocked at 4.5ghz, 32gb ram, and gtx 1080 ti. but look, what normie shit are you doing that even needs half the performance of that macbook?

Get her a fucking MacBook the arguing and headache and blame you'll get when she fucks something up isn't worth it

2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street Suhkdeep.

>she asks for a macbook
>you get her a thinkpad
kek, how out of touch with reality are you to think this is a good idea?

i think his name is frank

Get the 2011/2012 13" non-Retina model and upgrade RAM/SSD, those are relatively cheap these days and still run Sierra

This, women are hopeless when it comes to tech.
Just get her the macbook.

MacBook Air find one on sale for $799. 14+ hours of battery life for her kikebook visits.

Or 13" MacBook Pro (2017). Base model with 256GB will do. If she's a student, show student ID at store to get $200- off.

>htc 10
I have one and I love it, BUT watch out for the airplane mode getting stuck on.
Don't use it.
I'm backing up my phone files and going to do a factory reset because I can't make any calls with my cellualr data turned off.
I did the Power and volume down battery pull alternative.

Or just getwhateverthefuck cheapest i5/i7 unit you can find on eBay, it's not like sis is gonna care

Macbooks are good for the girls outside the tech community. They're bad for techies. The people unable to use Gentoo as a daily driver must not be in here.

>Basic Bitch
>Think pad

EWWWWW user what is this! It looks like some budget thing you got from a library! Is this like 100 years old? Oh my god. I can't use this! It's not even a touch screen! Can it even run facebook?

Why is everyone here so fucking clueless? Magnesium? are you fucking having a laugh mate? Looks like you know less about computers than your sister.

I've never seen a black with a macbook. in fact I don't think most blacks even own computers or tablets for that matter. they literally do everything on their cracked phones or pretend to do work on shitty school computers

Its not just that, the absolute autist wants to get her a fucking T500. A 50 kilo workstation from 2008, after she asks for a current fucking MacBook. Not even an autistically acceptable X220 which is a viable option, no, a fucking monster 9 year old deprecated workstation. I'm not used to this much assburgery even on Sup Forums.

just let your friend be a retard I mean you both already are

Hmm.... are you sure you need all that?
What if you enter recovery and clear cache?
The option works on his device too.

You could also try flashing a more generic "RUU" (basically a full stock image), not a carrier branded one. Maybe the carrier-jews fucked up something.

One great backup tool btw is "Super Backup" in Play Store. Also try going into settings and disabling airplane there. Or try this:
play.google.com/store/search?q=airplane mode

Remember user, if you give up, the skynet wins. We are IT because we don't give up. (So we Google instead.)

reverse image search m8