We're not going to gib access

>we're not going to gib access
>you gib access first!

There has to be a better way...

Turn it off then, dipshit?

Google is really top class when it comes to login security.

They have so many options available. 2-factor, authorization from devices, one-off codes you can store somewhere secure.

Probably the most secure public access service on the Internet.

And it's a charade, when they collect your every bit of data in all its forms.

>one-off codes you can store somewhere secure.
That shit never works.

It works, you're just retarded.

t. use them all the time

Doesn't work on my phone email client.

Yeah, you're retarded. I literally just setup all 4 of my Google accounts on my new laptop yesterday with single-use passwords and it worked great.

I don't think they're meant to work like that.

They're used to get into your Google account. Not to log into Google Services.
You use them so you can get in and change your password or login authorization, etc Say if you lose your phone and you have two factor auth enabled on that phone you can use one off code to log in and change your authorization settings etc

My bad, I thought you were talking about the device codes not the alternative 2-factor codes.

>mfw gmail decided to randomly lock me out of my account unless i handed them my phone number
bye google
hello protonmail

It's clear they're not talking client-to-provider security, but client-to-client security.

no they just want your personal information

No shit, Sherlock, but your reply had literally nothing to do with what I said. I was talking about who said it's the 'most secure public access service'

whatever happened to just having a password? as if anyones going to bruteforce iHaTeNIGGERS1972@$$
no i gotta have a password with 3 different combinations of uppercase and numbers, a seperate email, a mobile phone number and a birth certificate to see my youtube subscriptions

>iHaTeNIGGERS1972@$$
guess times:
100 / hour: centuries (throttled online attack)
10 / second: centuries (unthrottled online attack)
10k / second: centuries (offline attack, slow hash, many cores)
10B / second: 4 days (offline attack, fast hash, many cores)

I made a new gmail and they did this to me claiming I was hacked or sus shit from my IP. I did it on a fucking Android device.

Thought it was funny because hotmail just did that to me too. The data mining has to stop.

except for the "just password" option.
lost a few accounts when i installed a new OS because of this.

blame nancy from admin who writes her gmail password down on a post-it note

>what is authentication
Use SMS then, better than just a password

Writing it on a post-it note is completely fine.
It's having a password like 'password1', and falling for phishing attacks that's the problem.