pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/DHL-Magiceforce-MINI-82-Key-White-Backlit-Double-Shot-Keycap-Antighosting-DPI-Switch-Cherry-MX-Switch/32801201607.html
gearbest.com/keyboards/pp_591295.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want a full size keyboard with the tenkey on the left, black switches, cherry stabilizers, and sweet lighting effects like my ducky board.
Does it exist?

James donkey is 40 bucks on gearbest right now
>gaterons
>detachable cable
>good build quality
-one lighting
-looks like a tonka truck

It looks like the tonka part is removable, can anyone confirm?

Should've waited. Its on alixpress now for 100 bucks if you use the coupon
aliexpress.com/item/DHL-Magiceforce-MINI-82-Key-White-Backlit-Double-Shot-Keycap-Antighosting-DPI-Switch-Cherry-MX-Switch/32801201607.html

yeah there are a couple, but they're expensive

I'd pay more for non-tonka truck.

nope

Just placed the order from everyone's favorite keycap seller. Dealt with them in the past... best prices on PBT. Everything else is a huge fucking ripoff.

That looks like a custom one-off. Did someone make that for themselves?

uh I got it for around 68 bucks on massdrop

How reprogrammable is the Anne Pro?
Is there a list of what I can reassign keys to?

The keycap font is still so bad and busy though. I'm not fond of keyboards that require custom keycaps to not be ugly.

If you wanted cherry switches it was closer to 90 I think. I went with gateron clears just because I've never typed on a switch with an actuation force bellow 60g. Still I'm gonna replace the keycaps with some gateron cherry profile PBT so its gonna end up closer to $130

> gateron cherry profile PBT
where do you buy them? Ali?
Also gaterons are better though, why get cherry

>where do you buy them? Ali?
Also from massdrop, but they didn't come with a small right shift so I bought some CYMK modifiers from ali that did. I have a Ducky with cherry clears, and those are some of the best switches out there. Shame the only gateron made equivalent is zealios

Anybody get a hold of the standard Shine 6 yet? Looking to order one tonight.

>James donkey
don't see it

?
>gearbest.com/keyboards/pp_591295.html

>Full N-key Rollover for LOL
Damn those chinks. They want me to play their shitty games so badly that hardware features will exclusively work on their software.

Maybe because LOL is just a popular gayme?

duckys are overpriced

Nice b8

I want to get in to mech keyboards and I wish to start with something cheap so I get to know the difference [I've typed on mechanical last time like 20years ago]

Now I see jamedonkey with gaterons for 37$

Can someone tell me the difference between
Red Gateron compared to membrane

I care about: Loudness[I want silent kb]
I'm not quite sure about the difference between
brown and red to membrane even after searching on google.

The only thing I found is that blue has annoying clicky sound. And people claim brown are brown because they are shit.

You can't really talk about mechanical switches by comparing them to rubber dome keyboards since they are fundamentally different in their mechanics.

Gateron browns are very good actually, it's cherry browns that are shit. If you want something that's silent and tactile, gateron brown is exactly what you're looking for.

That is great,do you have experience with gateron blacks?

I've noticed that full board has black and brown option only.

I understand that membrane and mech may feel little different
I read something weird tho.
Membrane is supposed to have about 65g actuation force and It already feels like I have to just lay my fingers on them without force.

Would not the clear/red/brown activate just by laying my hand on kb?

It is much more comfy to write things with a lot of _ and -

So I have all the gaterons, I guess I can do a mini review:
Reds: Extremely light and easy to hit by mistake, they go down very smoothly I use it for gaming when I actually got the time to.

Blacks: Heavy handed. Smooth as well. I actually prefer to type in these and browns

Browns: Comparing it to cherry mx browns where you press it down and it sortof pushes back against you, gateron browns are practically screaming for you to let go and push back up. I will say Cherry mx has a 20% push back while the gaterons has at least a 50% push back. I prefer to type on these and these are my favorite.

Blues:I actually prefer cherry blues compared to gateron blues here. Sure gateron blues are smoother, but I notice the 5g difference in typing experience. I prefer 50g of actuation force compared to 55g.

rubber domes come in all kinds of weights, so something you read on the internet is not much of a reference. No switch actuates actuates just by you putting your hand on them.

Gateron blacks are very nice. They're rather heavy, but very comfy. Though I think I'd choose browns over blacks.

I also agree with this guy

Good advice.
Having tested Cherry MX Brown i can confirm the push back is extremely light. Haven't tested the Gateron but i'm looking to (not easy in the EU).

i'm trying to find a good place to buy dsa profile keycaps. been on pimp my keyboard? amazon, mechanical keyboards, etc. just wondering if anybody could throw out some other places.

Aliexpress has some cheap chink DSA sets as low as 40 bucks.

Just want to say dsa keycaps are shit to type on. I fell for the meme and then realized that it only made the keyboard look pretty and the typing shit.

What if I want less loud MX blues but consider browns mushy shit?
Am I fucked?

No

>Blues:I actually prefer cherry blues compared to gateron blues here. Sure gateron blues are smoother, but I notice the 5g difference in typing experience. I prefer 50g of actuation force compared to 55g.
So the gaterons are heavier? I'd like that, actually. However, I heard somewhere that gateron blues are louder than MX blues, is that true? MX blues are loud enough, I really don't need it any louder.

Blues with O-ring.

I'm all ears

oh yeah, gateron blues are definately way louder then cherries and yes gateron blues are heavier.

gateron browns

They stop the bottom-out sound but not the click. If the bottom-out sound would be the larger part of their sound impression then people would consider e.g. brows as loud too.

Lubed zealios :^)
Or matias quiet click

>way louder
I thought that as well, but it turns out the pitch is just higher. They're both equally loud.

Feels a bit like a gamble as I can't test them here. I tested MX blues and browns and browns where horrible, absolutely disgusting. Blues were okay (I'd like me a tiny bit more actuation force but it was okay, green is too much).
Considering the gaterons are similar, the chance is high I hate their brows as well.

Want to get a Varmilo and the only options are MX and Gaterons.

But user the sound of bottoming out is louder then the actuating mechanism. That's why many people consider mechanical keyboards to be too loud.

Clack sound are much louder if you bottomed out hard. But not high pitch like click.

If you don't like click sound consider Cherry MX Clear or Gateron browns.

Cherry mx browns are notorious for feeling like stiffer reds. Gateron browns are a truer successor to the mx blues as it actually feels like blues without the click. You will feel the difference immediately.

I'm well aware of that and yet people don't consider damped blues as more silent than e.g. brows and there has to be a reason for that.
But whatever reason there might be, it doesn't change the outcome. Unfortunately.

? I have both and the gatrerons are definitely louder. There are some youtube videos that compare the sound and it is easy to spot the difference.

Because you could use o-ring with browns too.

yeah cause the pitch is higher. Loudness is the same.

o-rings don't effect the pitch.

I can't confirm but I've heard multiple sources say so, you just need a hex key.
And you're on Sup Forums so if you don't that's pretty shameful

I already have some keyboards w/ dsa profile keycaps. I quite like them I'm looking to get a set for a 108 key board that I have. To each their own.

Why is it that when I looks for ISO 105 layouts I see most having the left ctrl be as small as the left shift? The left ctrl is slightly larger than the left shift.

Example of an "ISO" 105 keyboard from WASD keyboards or whatever.

So, mechanicalkeyboards.com put my ducky one order on hold because they ran out of stock and saying they don't know when new stock arrives
Should I replace it with a FC900R? It's $20 more expensive

That's non standard
That is standard

You're saying Wikipedia is wrong? It's also the layout I have on my Logitech keyboard. I only wanted to know which is more available in custom keycaps and stuff.

i don't get why they don't flip the numpad layout horizontally, unless they've frankensteined a stock numpad pcb with a 60% pcb, assuming they use it with their left hand, because if they use their right hand a standalone numpad would be preferable

Are gateron greens a meme? Just got a pack of them and they feel a lot better than cherry blues.

that's more expected on a mechanical keyboard, but look at gaming keyboards like corsair/razer/logitech if you insist on ISO layout with wide ctrl

The WASD keyboard has a standard bottom row meaning its much easier to find keycaps for it

some higher priced keycap sets come with 1.5u ctrl etc but ANSI layout with 1.25u bottom row keys with 6.25u spacebar is the most common

>Wikipedia is wrong
Look at the standard ISO layout. It also has a ctrl key as long as shift. Also brands like logitech and corsair use non standard layouts.

>Look at the standard ISO layout.
I am, your image isn't labeled as ISO, mine was. All that tells me is that it's hardly a standard.
Oh okay, so regardless of which one is correct, the smaller control is easier to find.

anyone?

>your image isn't labeled as ISO, mine was
Low quality b8
But 1.25u is the standard for bottom row modifiers.

>Low quality b8
What the fuck? Just look at the site, mine has ISO under it, yours didn't.

>But 1.25u is the standard for bottom row modifiers.
For which standard? I believe it is for ANSI, but I haven't seen any proof either way for ISO.

Your image for reference, no mention of ISO, not even in the surrounding text.

You're a moron. 1.25 is the standard for both ANSI and ISO

Why am I a moron, just because I (correctly) assess that there's information pointing to both 1.5 and 1.25 for CTRL for ISO? Surely you must have some conclusive evidence if you're so sure about it.

For the enter key:
>The ISO standard (ISO/IEC 9995-2) mandates a vertical Return key spanning two rows. The Japanese JIS standard (JIS X 6002-1980) uses the same key as ISO.
>It is often 1.25u wide. Some have a step or gap to the ']' key, but it is more common to be use that space for key surface, being 0.25u wider in the top row. This latter variation is sometimes called "J-shaped".
>The ISO enter is also known as European enter as most European standard layouts are based on the ISO layout.
For the bottom row:
>Today, national standards have been reduced to what is specific to their national layout and otherwise refer to ISO 9995

>For the bottom row:
>>Today, national standards have been reduced to what is specific to their national layout and otherwise refer to ISO 9995
Okay, so it's not defined. ISO 9995 only says that there has to be a control in the bottom left. ISO is a shit standard, at least for what people use it for.

These arguments about iso key sizes are worse than the arguments about flipped spacebars, i swear every new thread is more autistic than the last

I just wanted to know what was the actual standard, since I assumed there was one. I'm sorry.

You could've just went to the ISO website and found out yourself.

Sure, but like I said I assumed that it was a standard for specifically control key size as well. The problem is with me assuming, but because I assumed I also didn't look for that one their site because I already had a wrong assumption in mind.

Got a link for this keycap set?

That's npkc miami which you can get on amazon

Can compare gateron/cherry browns to romer-g? some even say it feels like membrane. As I'm considering get one online and there is zero store nearby for me to test them, unfortunately.

Are these model m switches capacitive or do they use a membrane?

model M is membrane. Model F is capacitive

model m's are buckling spring over membrane.

Why are greens and clears so rare? Blacks are easily included in the "common switches" as the counterparts to reds, so why are the brown and blue alternatives so rare?

I never noticed how autistic the spacebar row keys are. What's the reason for that? Like, what reasoning could possibly lead to a conclusion of "the keys are too wide, let's make the actual part you can press narrower"?

to heavy for normies

stability

But blacks aren't? They're literally 5g lighter than clears. Sure there's a difference, but is it really the difference between "people will buy this, let's make a ton" and "it's too heavy, nobody will every buy this"?

actuation force =/= bottom out force

Ah ok.

Aren't you supposed to NOT bottom out though

if you type at 50wpm then its possible

>Stealth edition
>60dB

>only one brown sample
>razor build quality

razer blues are even worse at 70dB

I love this color and keycap shape. Anyone have it? Any good?

You posted this b8 yesterday.

How long is this going to take?

Logitech master Race anyone?