Move away from my windows 10 computer for a moment

>move away from my windows 10 computer for a moment
>come back and this shit is on my screen for the next ten seconds
>haven't even used Office in months
Debian unstable or Ubuntu 17.04? I have some GNU/Linux experience.

Debian is nice.

Honestly use Fedora. If you want to be cucked, at least use KDE Neon instead of Ubuntu.

Debian is okay.

Arch or void.

honestly both are good, but Sup Forums has a tendency to recommend hipster/more difficult shit

i use ubuntu 17.04 and i think its great, also has better community

depends what your needs are. If you dont mind things breaking occassionally use debian unstable.
If you want things to just werk use ubuntu LTS

Okay is nice.

that was running every 20 minutes for me until I disable the task in the task scheduler. pain in the dingdong to figure out what was causing it though because it would just pop up the command prompt and then close.

>Thinking you can escape the botnet with Ubuntu
>Intel i3

debian based or fedora.
devuan worked out of the box on my shit macbook, give it a try if you want to avoid systemd

how did you fix it? I have had this shit too and it is annoying as fuck

Debian or BSD,

Debian, Arch, Ubuntu, or Fedora are all good distros for everyday use. I'd go with Debian or Fedora 9I use debian unstable myself). If you pick Fedora, just add the one repo with all the proprietary shit in it that you'll probably need (I forget it's name) and you're good to go.

not him but a follow up question, i run opensuse42 and need to run windows in VM for work . how different is running a VM through xen against qemu/kvm? would switching to qubus give any sort of gain/advantage to what im already doing [which is running windows in a virtualbox because im too stupid to set up a shared folder in virtmanager]?

go into task scheduler and disable this lil shit, along with onedrive and telemetry.

oops, quoted the wrong reply

KDE Neon is Ubuntu based

Shut up NSA

Ubuntu 17.04
Xfce for lightweight ricing and inconsistency
KDE for windows-like feelings and bloat
GNOME 3 for comfy ricing and titlebar tomfuckery

>move away from my windows 10 computer to breath in

Man. I'm glad that I installed win 7 instead. At least I have some level of control over my system.

Windows XP m8

How about LXDE?

>At least I have some level of control over my system.

>non LTS ubuntu
WHY?

Install Gentoo

fpbp

Wait a week for next stable or install testing which will be promoted to stable in a week.

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

Yes, but no Unity and better than Kubuntu.

I've been getting that on Win 7 too, OP. Even with telemetry features fully disabled. Wtf

just use Ubuntu, ignore these Sup Forums larpers and their gentoooooo memes

most of them use windows anyway

Ubuntu 16.04.2
Run LTS plus PPAs for updated applications you need
You'll thank me later

Install krevenge

>Arch
No. It's a meme distro kid.

Debian or Manjaro.

What is that? Is that like some kind of Office DRM phoning home to make sure you're not pirating office? Windows is trash

just install ubuntu, it's stable as fuck, has never broken on me once since 2012

>le CPU backdoor may may
I want conspiracy theorists to leave.

Stop doing this, you almost tricked me into using Gentoo as my first distro.

>oh no, my software I use is doing something, better abandon windows.
lollll

Shit's dated

seriously, this... bunch of babbies

It's a known bug from the latest Office update. You can disable/remove the tasks that trigger it and it won't bother you again.

I prfer Debian

Checked

It's not a theory, it's very real.