What do you use for streaming now that Kodi is dying?

What do you use for streaming now that Kodi is dying?

Other urls found in this thread:

sonarr.tv/
radarr.video/
linode.com/)
arvixe.com/)
torrentfreak.com/popular-kodi-addon-exodus-turned-users-into-a-ddos-botnet-170203/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

torrenting the movie the day before I wanna watch it and deleting it afterwards

What about when I want to watch the movie right then

>Kodi is dying
Wat? Kodi is as healthy as ever.

You download a smaller filesize version?
How slow is your Internet?

Referring to all the popular addons shutting down due to copyright bs

My internet is gigabit but I have to go on my computer, find a torrent, download it to my server, then use another device connected to my tv to access it, versus just using my raspi with kodi and a bluetooth keyboard

Youtube live streaming.

>not using a NAS full of FullHD stuff to satisfy your needs in conjunction with kodi

Select download in sequential order and watch it straight away.

Why not just connect your raspi to your fileserver?

Also raspi is shit teir for anything above 720p

What crappy copyright infringing add-ons do you even need?

Exodus isn't working last time I checked

What's exodus and why do I even need it?

How is it dying? It streams shit from my home server just as fine as it always did. Runs quite well too, I wasn't expecting a 2.13GHz C2D laptop to play 1080p Hi10p.

It's the number one addon for movies and tv shows? What garbage do you use

why did you pick kodi over plex? I'm genuinely curious. I went with plex because it sounded easier to install on rpi3, and seemed more flexible with OpenMediaVault.

I don't care for add-ons
sonarr.tv/
radarr.video/

werks for me boi

Who's your boi

Because you have to use a media server with plex as far as I know with kodi it just streams

Yesterday I couldn't install it

Who cares about the popular addons I have a server that I use as a seedbox hosting a website that can only be accessed from my ip and the watch things off of that on my laptop with kodi on it

Plex

does anime require transcoding or does it just play instantly?

I've only watched a few popular shows on it but it just plays if you have the right addon, I used KissAnime

TerrariumTV

Time to download weeb shit to re-watch later on kodi

Where do you rent a server from that allows torrenting

>Kodi is dying because the sketchy add-ons on my Fire Stick don't work anymore

Fuck that shit I just store everything locally and play it through Kodi.

If I wanted to download shit beforehand I wouldn't need kodi at all, and there's nothing sketchy about exodus it's the same as streaming online from those ad-laden chinese websites but without risk of STDs

well specifically this server i use as a seed-box is dedicated with 1tb but I don't think you have 174 dollars a month for this cancer(btw I don't pay for I mooch off of a friend) but what I used to use was use linode only issue is space but it has fiber(linode.com/) but what I used to do with this is get an arvixe(arvixe.com/) for 7 dollars a month and had unlimited space so I ran a website of of the arvixe and used the linode for seedboxing and sent it to the arvixe and you cant get only the arvixe because this hosting is cancer and you dont have access to install anything on it so you don't get just an arvixe. This is long and probably has bad grammer hope it helps but the total only really came out to 27$ a month when I used the linode arvixe way

I use plex and openpht.

Used kodi for a while but plex integration (with plexkodiconnect/plexbmc) fucking sucked ass and wasn't worth it for the 1 addon that I wanted from KODI (NRK).

>people without automatic torrenting and plex/emby

How do you guys deal with your girlfriends tv-shows?

If you don't like media automation then you have too much time to spare.

Definite overkill, you can get a plain old seedbox for like $10/month and use an old pc as plex server to stream from

check'd

this

plex with sonarr and radarr using a Roku stick.

well fuck that because space is an issue and buying a server for a specific use is pretty cancer

What do you mean by automatic torrenting?

I just like the consistency. My friend uses Exodus for everything and a lot of times things stream like shit or the quality is bad.

and I never used the linode for only the seedbox I used it for game servers and a mail-server among other shit I needed the linode anyway

Did I say to buy a server? That was what you suggested I said to use an old PC aka something you can get for $100 at any thrift store and throw a shit load of hard drives in it

Why the fuck would I break my home internet for a seedbox

not to mention waste of power

What nonsense are you even spouting, break your internet? You rent a seedbox and use on old pc to store everything from it to stream later

running a computer all day 24-7 downloading shit wastes bandwidth not to mention those poor peoples internet providers who do the pay for gb of data meme

How many layers of irony are you on?

what does sonarr and radarr do that couchpotato and sickbeard doesn't?

As botnet as it is, I torrent movies directly to my laptop and use an app to stream it to a Chromecast.

But it's super useful for my normie gf who just wants to fling Hulu or whatever from her phone to the TV so I make use of it.

>without risk of STDs

Exodus was literally used to create a botnet not long ago, you fucking retard.

torrentfreak.com/popular-kodi-addon-exodus-turned-users-into-a-ddos-botnet-170203/

sonarr/sickrage radarr/couchpotato and your chosen torrent client (deluge/rtorrent/transmission etc).

Automatically downloading torrents of your chosen shows/movies and delivering it to your media server (usually with plex or emby).

Sonarr has a prettier "UI" but has less functionality.

Couchpotato and radarr both suck ass.

Is there anything better than headphones?

I still download shows I want to watch and then watch them locally. 99% of the streams I've seen were all low res garbage (granted, that was like 3 years ago, it very well could have gotten better).

I pay for my sports streams, MLB and NHL, mostly just because of the quality. They're absolutely perfect and its orders of magnitude cheaper than cable

Popcorn time

Not that I know of, no.

Kodi is not streaming nor plugins. Kodi isn't dying. Your crappy steaming plugins are. There's a big difference.

More of a sickbeard/couchpotato guy myself.

>torrentfreak.com/popular-kodi-addon-exodus-turned-users-into-a-ddos-botnet-170203/
well shiet. salt still works too, so does primewire add on(just not as good as exodus)

The moral of the story is to not trust shady addons, my friend.

i know it BUDDY, but im lazy but thats my own fault as others suggested torrenting is legit too and in more ways much better secure