/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Post your component list, rate other anons', and ask questions in general.

Always state the purpose of your PC, your budget, AND YOUR COUNTRY if outside the USA.
If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to improve specs or build quality or to lower price, etc

Assemble your parts list; built-in price comparisons by vendor and a compatibility filter.
pcpartpicker.com

Gaming builds based on monitor resolution
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>To activate the Description, select build from sidebar then click on the title over the parts list
>Description contains notes, other options, and build skeleton for easy customization / cost savings

Information about how to assemble a PC, how to select components, etc.
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

If you see any other build advice or part list threads, direct them here to the containment thread with Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-TOMAHAWK.html#down-manual
pcpartpicker.com/list/FWjPWX
corsair.com/en-eu/vengeance-lpx-8gb-2x4gb-ddr4-dram-2133mhz-c13-memory-kit-black-cmk8gx4m2a2133c13
pcpartpicker.com/list/BYgKVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reposting because I'm at a loss.
Every time I boot up my pc it goes straight to BIOS. Once I exit the bios everything runs fine. I've checked to make sure all my connections are secure, unplugged the keyboard to make sure it wasn't triggering the bios, and reset all the settings to default.
Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Motherboard is MSI b350 pc mate.

stupid question,
if rx 470/480/570/580 are selling like crazy, why don't we see manufacturers pumping out more stocks?

msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-TOMAHAWK.html#down-manual

Download the manual.
Go to page 24. See the clear bios connector. Go to page 36 and read more about it. Make sure it is set to keep data.

I need a case that looks like an eva unit for an art project. Raidmax Ninja II looks like it fits well but needs to hold an eatx, I could probably clearance around the tray though. Any sug/g/estions m8s?

They are. But manufacturing limitation + winding down current cards to start production for Vega means the stocks are limited.

Have an HP 8300 mini tower (not SFF). Has a 320 watt power supply.

I want to run a GTX 1060 using a sata-to-6pin converter.
It has an ivy bridge i5 pulling 77w max. The 1060 is 120w max.
It has 4x2gb ram, a 2tb hdd, and two case fans. I've disconnected the disc drive.

I know it's going to be close, but will this thing power the 1060, or will I wind up needing an auxiliary PSU? I can't upgrade the existing PSU because HP uses some proprietary bullshit.

anyone know the ETA for rx500 restock?

Get a PCIe slot powered 1050Ti. Better than risking a power fault

Was thinking about exactly that, but the performance benefits of the 1060 are too tempting. I was thinking worst case scenario I get an Add2Psu adapter and wire up a second power supply

get a cheap psu and put it outside of the case. Or is the 24 pin connector pinned different. If you undervolt the 1060 and limit PL to 90% you might be okay on what you have.

Eh, it's not really that much more powerful. Ideally you'd want the 1060, but turning down a few settings will get you pretty damn good performance with the 1050Ti with almost no visual fidelity loss

I have an RX470 4GB that I don't need. I got it for 175USD. Should I sell it now for 300-350 or start mining?

It's really that close? I wouldn't mind saving $80.

Pic related, but if you know how to tweak settings it really isn't a big deal. Also if it's not good enough you can sell it and head to plan B later

Sell it. Mining is most likely not worth your time, and rumors are a new stock is coming in and now the time to gain profit is limited.

Does the Xbox One X have a GPU close to the Rx 580 or 570?
Plus do you guys think the Ryzen R3 lineup is gonna be great for those cards in big CPU tasking gayms?

I already own a R5 PC but I am just curious.

What do I do now that 580s are unavailable? 1060 6GB?

More like 1050ti or rx 460 equivalent

I have an old Power Supply, 5+ yo 700W. I want to upgrade my PC, but use old PSU. How can I check if its still in good condition and it won't fry any of my new rig?

Some user told me that the gpu and the monitor will underperform and won't be able to reach 144hz because the cpu is slow and suggested me to go with i7 7700k, is it true guys?
pcpartpicker.com/list/FWjPWX

Reminder not to buy 1070s for gaming as they drive up the miners prices.

That's absolutely stupid. That's a fucking 1080ti, the GPU is what matters in that build.

>currentyear - 1 + 1
>mining

are the premium (rgb/9gbps/triple fan) 1060s worth it?

it's closer to 1070, though probably it won't be used to its full potential

1060 is too low per to need triple fan, dude.

>Does the Xbox One X have a GPU close to the Rx 580 or 570?
Look up the tflops, jackass.

I'm getting an r5 1600 with 3200 ram, which gpu should I get for 1080p?

I need a gpu that will not bottleneck my r5 1600 @1080p, but also one that wont be bottlenecked by r5 1600. Am I looking at rx 580 or jevidia 1070?

RX570/580 but both will be sold out so either 1060 or 1070.

If you can find one, an RX 570 should do but don't pay over MSRP for them. Due to miners, RX570's and 580s are virtually impossible to get ahold of without paying 3 times the MSRP

>Implying 1070s aren't sold out

Sorry that you live in a 3rd world shithole, i can buy 1070's for a decent price.

I currently have sapphire r9 290 vapor-x. Wat do?

In the light of recent mining craze in eastern Europe what entry-to-middle level GPU would be a good choice (since 570/4 prices absurdly high) - GTX1050ti or 1060 with 3 gigs?

wait. Nothing else you can do. By the time they're in stock and not grossly overpriced, Vega will be here.

RX 580 is 280 euros in my country, but I dont think it's a worthy upgrade to a r9 290 or is it?

not by much. Wait for Vega. They announce it next month

No and 280€ is overpriced, should be more like 250€.

Stay poor

In the USA, they're almost all sold out or $100 over MSRP.
Enjoy your 0.25 EUR energy costs, taxes, and stupid populous that keeps you from profiting as much off mining.

No, it's not. It's like 10% slower to 20% faster depending on game iirc. Only real benefit is perf/watt is a bit higher, and way higher if you undervolt slightly.
And for some dumb reason, AMD hasn't supported Radeon Chill on older cards. Maybe there is a legitimate technical reason for this, but I doubt it.

>100$ over msrp
>can't afford 0.25€/kwh
>needs to mine more before he even profits
>mining when bubble is about to burst
Topkek murritard. Enjoy your buyers remorse.

is it time to upgrade

also, after ~30 minutes of the pc being on, the cpu cooler starts making a crackling noise from the heatsink?, what the fuck is happening [spoiler]it's a 212 evo[/spoiler]

Don't tell me there is a shortage for 1060s now too. I ordered my 1060 two days ago when there were five in stock and today I got the notice that they are all sold out. It's the last part I need for my PC too. FUCKING MINERS.

Damn, you finally decided to come back and try to hijack the OP again?

yea, but this time, he isn't shilling Intel.

A Bentium B3258 :D:D:DDDD ebin! :-------D (probably from eBay)
Some LGA1150 from eBay or something
An RX 570 4GB
A new SSD
Probably a 3TB hard drive
Some random case
On PCPP I put on the parametric filter for a 4-5star 80plus gold semi modular psu

I choose the G3258 over the G4560 because of that extra single threaded performance plus it's probably cheaper.

>Inb4

That's not what's wrong with it.

>A Bentium B3258 :D:D:DDDD ebin! :-------D (probably from eBay)
>Some LGA1150 from eBay or something
ill sell you a g3258, an asus z97-ar with 12gb of ddr3-1600 if you want it. cpu cooler as well.

Fug really? I'm kinda poor rn, looking to get a job but I would really love to make that deal

yes, he eliminated all the info the OP is supposed to have. he copy-pasted the OP he used when he was shilling Intel.

speccy says my ram is of an unknown model @ 1067MHz when it's actually this one:
corsair.com/en-eu/vengeance-lpx-8gb-2x4gb-ddr4-dram-2133mhz-c13-memory-kit-black-cmk8gx4m2a2133c13
which also runs at 2133MHz, why the fuck is this?
my motherboard is a Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z170-HD3-CF (U3E1) if that matters

user please reply

Is the Seasonic S12II any good for overclocking?

Multiply that number by 2 and what do you get?

DDR means double data rate.
1067 x 2 = 2133.
Your RAM is fine

phew, thanks
there should be no problem if I get two more identical ram sticks so I can have 16 gig ram, right?

I am sucker for fixed seasonic PSUs being sold for cheap
after RMA is probably US term

in my current machine I have seasonic X 650 that I bought for 60€, gold modular,... at that time it was like 40% of the price of new one
it came in original box, with sealed cables and accessories, everything sparkling clean, great buy

That was like 6 years ago
now I am picking new GPU for someone and went to look in to "sales" section
behold, I see two gold rated seasonic PSUs, repaired, for ridiculously low price
I could not say no

took both of them, the message next day that 360W one was sold already
so today came 550W gold, no accessories, no original box, but what you gonna do...
its already humming in a different machine, but who the fuck cares when 40€

thats just some talk
if theres one thing worth buying "repaired" its high tier PSUs, humanity figured them out and its all about quality components and workmanship
Repair guy at seasonic will go through everything and fixes problems and you get probably PSU in more reliable state than brand new - unknown one. Though new has more decades in it I guess, as it never been run...

Check for compatibility. And buy the same frequency.

by identical ram sticks I mean like exactly the same model as the one I already have, that should be automatically compatible right, my motherboard has four slots too

>pc won't boot no matter what I try
>build it outside of case
>boots ONCE with screwdriver
>now won't boot at all, psu and cooler fan start for about a second then stop

What's the deal here?

Looking for an upgrade, but reading these threads it seems i should wait until the mining fad is over and ram drops in price right?

>> had already ordered an i5-7600k + Mobo
>> without doing much research
>> which I have to send back
>> because the seller jewed me
>> delaying the order "in stock" by a week
>> so I can´t get the Asus Cashback in Germany

Yes. It would be.

change psu
if it wont boot and do many beeps through pc_speaker when nothing is connected but the cpu, even ram is out, then its dead mobo 99% of the time, or dead cpu 1% of the time

It's doubtful the mobo is dead when a second ago it booted just fine

because something as complicated as mobo can only be alive or dead, right?
change psu, thats the first thing
psu and mobo are in charge of booting, if it wont boot you got some bullshit going on in one of them

you can check for leaking caps if its some old shit, but thats not really a thing in modern times
and also switch on the PC case can be faulty, but you are saying you are using screwdriver

Yeah the parts aren't even in the case, the mobos on the box it came in, and the psu's on the table

Any suggestions please?

the things you said based on your budget

The best bet right now is to get the 1050Ti if you need something right the fuck now. Then upgrade to something actually good when either miners stop raping RX stock prices, or when Vega releases.

just buy a prebuilt retard

actually recommending 1050ti is bit stupid IMO
but depends on local prices
the thing is that difference between 1050 and 1050ti is too small
while price can be often 50%
1050 or 1060 3GB would be better decision making

but again, depends on local prices, 1050 might be much more expensive and jump to 1050ti might be far less

Good Ryzen CPU to pair with GTX1080?

1600, 1600X or 1700

what do you think?

>didnt shell out the extra 15 euro for express shipping
>have to wait a month for my parts from amazon

why am i such a fucking kike i could be playing right now
anyone that is ordering online always get the fastest shipping option available you will not regret it

Made this build for gaming, production (video editing, music prod.) pcpartpicker.com/list/BYgKVY not sure if I fucked up or not but if I didn't, which places would be the best for me to get these parts in Russia?
t. First-time builder

do you really that much power on a pc for music production?.what kind of music do you produce

Alright /pcbg/ the past hour or so has been a rollercoster of emotion
I finally received my Noctua AM4 bracket for my NH-D15 that been sitting in my desk for a week now. So i put the computer to sleep and start unmounting the cooler. Bummer, it doesn't want to get out. I'm thinking it's because i didn't unscrew in an X shape the same way you screw it, so i screw it back and it was indeed why it wouldn't come off. one screw is still holding it as i remove it so as the cooler is held over the motherboard i unscrew the last screw and it comes out.
And then i notice something fairly strange: my socket is empty of CPU. I look under my cooler only to see my poor CPU glue'd onto the cooler by the thermal paste. The computer had been running for 10 hours beforehand, i guess i should've ran prime95 before removing it.
So i do the twist method and after some long seconds, it does come out. And then i notice something: fucking bent pins
So here i am with a CPU full of thermal paste, out of it's socket and with bent pins. I pain to remove the thermal paste (as i was trying to avoid bending any more pins) and after some long minutes i start attacking the unbending of pins. It takes a lot of time but i manage to get a fairly acceptable result, but it doesn't go in. So i spend more minutes unbending pins, making sure all of the pins are exactly orientated the same way. After some long time i can barely recognise the pins that were bent, and then as the CPU still doesn't want to go in the socket i notice that i forgot to unlock the CPU locking mechanism (that lever), and finally it goes in.
The Noctua guide is confusing as fuck though so i decided to put the D15 in there without any bracket or thermal paste (i can remove it just by lifting it up) and check some videos on youtube about how to do it, which is how i'm talking to you right now. It's fairly cool, sitting at 40°C idle which is pretty much teh same as what i had with the stock cooler.
I'm going at it now, see ya!

I haven't started yet, it's mostly techstep/neurofunk DnB that I'm going to be dabbling in though.
>do you really that much power on a pc for music production?
It's a multi-purpose PC, my friend, read again a bit more carefully.

yeah i know video production needs a really strong pc but i was asking if music production can do with a weaker pc in comparison

like dont soundcloud "rappers" work on their shitty 400 euro laptops?

check your temps
clean that shit

I understand that I can go with some Chinkpad or some shit like that but as I've said, multi-purpose, or can I get a laptop to do music prod. on along with a PC?

Looking to grab a HDD for my build.

Seagate 2tb 7200 RPM or WD black 2tb 7200 RPM?

Isn't doing this the same as resetting to default settings? My manual seems to indicate that.

Wow, it's so fucking shit, now those retarded miners have gone to buy the Nvidia cards too.

The prices of the GTX1070 are going up.

Is there anywhere to check for new AM4 motherboard releases?

That might just be the people that sold their AMD cards and went out and bought the next tier up Nvidia card.

most likely both at the same time

I always wanted to visit Australia!

should I sell my used for 2 months 580 8gb nitro+ for a 1080?

Yes.

definitly, or you could mine

Friend wants to buy a 1080 off me for 600$ AUD.
Is it worth selling it and replacing it with a 1080ti?

Can't be that many.

We know that some miners are buying over 20 cards each.

Alright builders, I've got an FX6300 overclocked to 4.4GHz. I'm planning on getting a 1060 6GB. The big question I have is, Will It Bottleneck?
I see a lot of "Yes" on the internet but thats never considering OC's on the CPU. Anyone have experience or knowledge on the way this combo would work for me with the OC'ed CPU?
Its worth noting I'm not opposed to upgrading my mobo/cpu/ram to a Ryzen 1600(x?) set, but it'll be several months before i can.

>Will It Bottleneck?
yes. Even overclocking won't help much just due to the low instructions per clock.
I would say start gathering parts to do the Ryzen swap, so it's not all at once. Hunt for deals if you can.

Anyone know a good, cheap network adapter that has drivers for Windows 10?

Wired or wireless?
Usb or PCIex1 ?

Also, ALL of them have at basic drivers for win10 out of the gate.

I'm sure Windows 10 comes with generic drivers for pretty much everything.

Rest of the parts (SSD, HDD, Case, PSU) are recycled from my old rig.
Located in Germany.
Unfortunately i really need Intel CPU, choose MSI for both Mobo and Graphic card to get 35€ Cashback
Space is a bit of a problem so I choose took ITX 1060 (can potentially fit up to 260mm )
Input on this setup please