Performance is much better than Python & Ruby

performance is much better than Python & Ruby
best package management
many options for everything: ORM, templates, frameworks, etc..
largest community on the planet
low cost and clean server side rendering for front end frameworks
with ES6 & ES7 you can write clean and maintainable large projects

Sup Forums explain yourselves, WTF is your problem with Node.js?

nodejs is fucking great!
i love it (apthough it uses shitty js). so many db drivers. รท]

if it was typescript instead of JS i would suck its dick so hard
but it isn't

we can consider them the same thing ITT

>performance is much better than Python & Ruby
python and ruby are slow so that doesn't say a lot

>best package management
that would be maven

>many options for everything: ORM, templates, frameworks, etc..
java wins here by far

>largest community on the planet
java, not even close

>with ES6 & ES7 you can write clean and maintainable large projects
not really, but fortunately typescript exists

what do you mean? it supports typescript perfectly well

but it's JavaScript

});
});
});
});
});
});

> he doesn't know what es6 means

>what is async/await?

i'm honestly not sure when was the last time i encountered a real human being who gave any shits about the aesthetics of a language's syntax. if this really is a deal breaker for you, know that you're going to face a tough road going forward.

as for OP, node.js is popular and Sup Forums is a bunch of faggoty hipsters who hate everything mainstream. they're more sour on the thinkpad now than they were 10 years ago, before lenovo made it more marketable. Sup Forums talks about how great apple was before the ipod came out. i'm sure if you've been here a while you can think of other similar examples. Sup Forums just dislikes things that are popular.

investing any amount of emotional energy in what Sup Forums thinks about things is literally crazy.

go back to HN grandpa

not one of that is true except for the first point which doesn't justify using it over faster and better environments

>Pajeet Tier JavaScript
Sage pls

Try using promises, which are literally monads

a challenger appears

Dealing with synchronous tasks is a pain in the ass. JavaScript makes the process messy.

NodeJS isn't a one size fits all thing.

It's also Kloss tier because EVERYTHING is a fucking framework import. Want to do X? Just blindly import this framework that some Koder wrote that breaks half the time.

Sup Forums I have a problem, I used npm to install lots of packages (libraries) while I was learning how to make my project.

Now I know which packages I need but I have a lot of shit installed that I definitley DON'T need but my project.json doesn't contain a lot of the packages that I definitely DO need, because I didn't use the --save switch or whatever it is.

Is there a tool which will static analyse my source and build a list of the packages that I actually need?

>It's also Kloss tier because EVERYTHING is a fucking framework import. Want to do X? Just blindly import this framework that some Koder wrote that breaks half the time.

If you don't take the time to evaluation the options available vs. the effort required to implement a function set yourself I have no sympathy for you. Blinding copy pasting shit from SO is the same as blindly including the first node lib you found on blogspot.

npm ls

Hmm, looks promising, thanks.
> UNMET DEPENDENCY
Stands out even though I'm using it but good place to start.

Crystal will blow fag.js out of the water.

>cares about performance
>uses Javascript

Heavy JavaScript usage, like loading libraries or transforming code, is slow. This means anything beyond simple logic will continually slow down your code, eventually.

V8 is fast but it's not c# or java.

>Want to do X? Just blindly import this framework that some Koder wrote that breaks half the time.

I simply don't do that. I learn how to do it without a framework. That way, I know exactly what the code is doing.

It's hilarious how many frameworks are so simple you can just do them on your own in a few days or even just hours.

The only time I would ever seriously consider a framework is if:
- not using it would cost me weeks of development time to write the particular subset of its functionality that I need to use
- has a team of developers who have been maintaining it steadily for at least 10 years
- it has a huge user base, and is one of the top 5 frameworks (in popularity) for the language
- it is universally acknowledged as the leading framework in its domain
- using the framework is universally acknowledged as "best practices" for that particular task

I'll let you know if I ever find such a framework.

This still has to become remotely finished.
t. crystal test guy

>many options for everything: ORM, templates, frameworks, etc..

All of them written before and without ES6 and async/await.

godspeed user. superlanguage by 2020

no threads
asynchronous programming with event loops is just cooperative multitasking but with function return as the control yielding mechanism
cooperative multitasking requires excellent programmers in order to produce working software
it's a web technology so what you get is pajeets who don't understand shit

just fork the process

>wasting memory
>doing the thing you were trying to avoid by using asynchronous event loops
>what is scalability

you're joking or are you really this stupid

Async await is not even part of ES6