Some prime numbers are illegal to know

Some prime numbers are illegal to know.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_prime

Some non-controlled plants are illegal to cultivate.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_breeders'_rights

Some bits of sands can't be legally stacked in certain ways
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_circuit_layout_design_protection

Some instructions are illegal to be given to a processor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_patent

Intellectual monopoly is the greatest obstacle in the progress of technology and mankind. IM's only purpose is to generate easy money for lazy parasites that leech and drain from those who truly create, recreate and improve.

Intellectual Monopoly Parasites impede progress. Progress make the world a better place, it improves lives and save lives. Parasites are murderers.

Other urls found in this thread:

eff.org/deeplinks/2017/05/stupid-patent-month-ford-patents-windshield
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Birthday_to_You#Copyright_status
info.sjc.ox.ac.uk/users/gualtieri/Is Pi normal.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champernowne_constant
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disjunctive_sequence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When numbers are outlawed, only outlaws will number

Some bunch of underaged atoms are illegal to fuck

Nice damage control, IM apologist CIA nigger lover.

>Spend millions over multiple years developing a new design
>5 other companies steal it and reproduce your product for cheaper as soon as you release it because they have no overhead
>Your company goes bankrupt
Really activates the almonds.
Without patents resources put into R&D would be completely wasted.

Fuck off corporate faggot.

Great counterpoint my friend. You're delusional.

Designing something so basic it can be stolen/understood by observing how it works and expecting to get paid for it...

Are you actually retarded? Name one product that can't be understood by a professional buying it and taking it apart.

CIA niggers glow in the dark and so do you. guess what that makes you?

CIA niggers glow in the dark.

windows. not even microsoft understands how it works

Plenty of software patents you dipshit.
Match.com tried to patent basic mathematics

If your line of work depends on a make-believe nanny state enforced monopoly, then your usefulness in society is also make-believe.

I bet next you'll tell us how patents saves lives, while being ignorant, or willingly blind, to the fact that it is acceptable to spend trillions blowing up brown people in the desert, but developing drugs for free (as in freedom) use is unacceptable because drugs are sooooo expensive to develop (like 1 billion dollars each).

But yeah, disregard the fact that most research begins with public funds (and surprise, surprise, Trump the Lord of Retards is reducing the NIH funds). LMAO, launch a public research with public money then sell the results for cheap so dirty kike papers like Elsevier can charge just for seeing the results, and sell the findings to some slimy Pharma company so they can then charge extremely jacked up prices on drugs and treatments.

Don't even mention software patents, really, if you want real respect, get a real job.

>Microsoft doesn't understand Windows

Art'st thou'hme for real?

This is the most retarded shit I've ever read.
This is why the STEM illiterate and Luddites shouldn't make laws.

That's not what I asked for

Seek help

I gone through the academia jew so I is the smartest now.

Yes. There's sources out there but I can't provide them at the moment.

Your argument is literally:
>Money is more important than progress.
I think you're the one who needs help, you're valuing bullionless tradeable unpayable debt, more than the progression of humanity.

eff.org/deeplinks/2017/05/stupid-patent-month-ford-patents-windshield

I hope you can at least differentiate intellectual parasitism from copyright.

And also, copyright from the superior author's right.

>Without patents resources put into R&D would be completely wasted.
this is why, for example, 3d printing became a thing only after the original patents expired?

>This is why the STEM illiterate and Luddites shouldn't make laws.
t. a literal retard without talent or skills who want to make money on the works of other scientists and engineers

It's not about money, it's the fact that if everyone knows 10 different companies are just going to steal whatever they spend millions of dollars on research on, no one is going to bother to innovate anymore.

>Discovered with resources from the public.
Mhm, really gets my noggin' joggin'.

The majority of research is academic and not corporate, so who gives a shit if companies don't innovate? They don't do that largely anyway?

>differentiate intellectual parasitism from copyright.
There's a difference?

In the event that this ludicrous claim is true, that would be fucking hilarious. Maybe its the NSA that handles Windows development and doesn't tell MS anything past the essentials.

>everyone contributes a little to a large research fund pool
>hires scientists and create knowledge for the benefit of everyone, while also building up newer and greater knowledge
EBIL SOCEASLISM UNACPPETABLES

>a few rich assholes, many of which inherited blood money (that magically becomes cleansed after a few decades apparently) hires a bunch of scientists
>claim of ownership of all discovery and grants no recognition for the real researchers
>prevent anyone from using the same knowledge that could be obtained otherwise
>deliberately halts further research to maximize profits, and uses the state to prohibit others from attempting to improve on it
A-h okay, nice, at least someone got rich, very freedoms, I'm getting cucked and it feels very good.

Great logic.

You dumb little fuck
Companies spend money on open standards and technology that is shared between them all the time, because they benefit from the results as well

If you corporate fucks can't get along and work together maybe it's time to put capitalism to sleep?

Oh wait, how will we live without out fidget spinner buttplugs?

Yes and no.

But strictly no, as is the will of the Lord.

In fact, parasites have even gone so far as to claim ownership of that which belongs solely to God.

See how ~20% of the Human genome is already patented.

>how will we live without out fidget spinner buttplugs?
I don't know about you, butt I'd die tomorrow without mine.

see this: .
I don't even have to answer, you just got decimated: /10 your life.

>EBIL SOCEASLISM UNACPPETABLES
Once again, why should corporations profit off of academic research, just because they BRIBE them into a monoply? That's some shit-tier corruption.

>A-h okay, nice, at least someone got rich, very freedoms, I'm getting cucked and it feels very good.
Oh yeah, shit, sorry! I forgot those who didn't pay for it should profit. :^)

>Great logic.
You're the one coveting the shekel, Shylock.

>~20% of the Human genome is already patented.
I'm glad someone mentioned it. If there is proof of true evil in this world, that's it.

What will you suggest next, that people be aware of the same old Illuminati* dualism bullshit?

That people are squabbling over who gets to fuck them in the ass?

* used as a convenience term

I can't even...
>We should consider pic related.

That's some poor text comprehension, user...

I'm exposing the kikery...do you even sarcasm?

I have Asperger's... so no. :(

>One of the first illegal primes was found in 2001. When interpreted in a particular way, it describes a computer program that bypasses the digital rights management scheme used on DVDs.
WTF YOU STUPID NIGGERS IT DESCRIBES NOTHING ITS JUST A FUCKING PRIME COPYRIGHT NIGGERS CAN SUCK A BIG FAT FUCKING COCK SHIT FUCKS

First they came for the primes, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a prime.

Then they came for the plants, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a plant.

Then they came for the bits of sand, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a bit of sand.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

LOCK ME UP CIA NIGGERS

Fuck off poorfag

THIS. As a matter of fact, I just came up with E = mc^2

This is a historic day

>tfw you roll illegal dubs

It's the intent that matters, of course having a certain prime saved for the purpose of bypassing copyright restrictions is going to be fucking illegal.
Obviously if you made a prime generator and somehow happened to generate that same number, it wouldn't be.

Getting mad over that is the same as getting mad because making a replica of the key to someone's house is illegal because
>WTF YOU STUPID NIGGERS IT DOES NOTHING ITS JUST A FUCKING ARRANGEMENT OF CUTS IN METAL LAW ENFORCEMENT NIGGERS CAN SUCH A BIG FAT FUCKING COCK SHIT FUCKS

CP was illegal way before that prime was.
You could write out some CP in a Sup Forums post as one long (probably hex) number.
89 50 4E 47 0D 0A 1A 0A 00 00 00 0D 49 48 44 52
00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 0A 08 02 00 00 00 02 50 58
EA 00 00 00 3A 49 44 41 54 18 D3 63 FC FF FF 3F
03 6E C0 04 67 31 32 32 C2 19 10 80 90 86 CB 41
00 DC 48 26 B8 1C 56 5B 98 D0 94 A3 19 C6 82 D5
45 70 D5 2C 68 CA D1 8D 21 D6 63 E4 48 03 00 B3
0D 15 1A A8 69 6C D7 00 00 00 00 49 45 4E 44 AE
42 60 82

While this number isn't illegal (because it's not actually CP), it's a number.
By the way this number represents a PNG file.

It was salted before posting.

For one, scientific recognition has nothing to do with this, you dumb indoctrinated kid shill.

Two, no one ever argued against it.

Three, math and physics formulae can't be patented, although parasites have tried, and they're always thinking on how to circumvent that. As a matter of fact, a software patent really is just that.

No it isn't, what a shitty analogy.

My house isn't public domain a number that anyone with enough money (or technology) could solve isn't private.

For instance: What if an alien race (or a lost tribe) worshipped this number? Are we going to arrest them all on copyright charges? :^)

this is all true and a cancer on our society but most people refuse to see it

its stupid to say that an arrangement of letters are owned by someone but we do that in order to ensure maximized profits to our corporate overlords.

how the fuck can someone 'own' an abstract idea? its ridiculous. Its like saying I own happiness. wtf? so only one person is allowed to arrange letters in that specific order?

Every god-awful birthday song you hear sung in restaraunts is because someone actually 'owns' that song and they dont want people to sing it without being paid.

people still be suing over the birthday song
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Birthday_to_You#Copyright_status

fuck ic
fuck ic
fuck ic

I pray every day that the cryptocurrency market will have the power to one day overtake and ruin the global central banking scheme and I hope that after the banking jews are ash we as society will wake up

Hot

>>muh parasites
>t. idiot

you should to pad your blocks completely, first block isnt fully padded.

makes it more resistant to crypanalysis

>For instance: What if an alien race (or a lost tribe) worshipped this number? Are we going to arrest them all on copyright charges? :^)
No, read the first 5 words of my reply.

Nice memeing you worthless piece of shit.

The reason there isn't any outrage over stupid shit like this is because no normal person is ever likely to be sued over this shit
It's not like the Happy Birthday copyright that affected literally everyone in America, this is a bunch of obscure laws that some people will go their entire lives without ever even knowing of

fuck America and fuck the courts

>t. riggered

>It's the intent that matters
"Oh sorry police officer, I never meant to rape her."
- "Alright fucko, you're free to go"
lol

>Laws are subjective.
No shit.

I guess I can just compile my own version of Windows and market it as mine.
But remember!
>It's the intent that matters...
Well, I'm only doing it for satire. :^)

If you want to find out what it is, c/p it into a hex editor and save the file as a png file.

So what if my intent is breaking DVD's protection?

Is DeCSS still banned in the US? LMAO.

I know, already decoded it.

>tfw π contains literally every single CP picture that could ever exist

>If your line of work depends on a make-believe nanny state enforced monopoly, then your usefulness in society is also make-believe.

What line of work are you in that's more valuable than, "Inventing everything that could be invented"?

>See how ~20% of the Human genome is already patented.
That isn't really true.

The patents that those genes fall under are in conjunction with other things, like drugs, diagnostic tests, etc. So they are only patented in an extremely narrow scope, as it relates to some other process or product, and indeed some genes get patented several times, because the associated technology is different.

It's meaningless for the average person, and it doesn't really hinder research or development.

how are newly created plant species IP?

This one is an actual image
89 50 4E 47 0D 0A 1A 0A 00 00 00 0D 49 48 44 52
00 00 00 1E 00 00 00 15 08 00 00 00 00 74 9C 01
BD 00 00 00 02 62 4B 47 44 00 FF 87 8F CC BF 00
00 00 09 70 48 59 73 00 00 0B 13 00 00 0B 13 01
00 9A 9C 18 00 00 00 07 74 49 4D 45 07 E1 06 0D
0F 00 0F F7 05 15 56 00 00 01 8A 49 44 41 54 28
CF 05 C1 6D 6E 13 41 10 04 D0 AA EE 9E 59 C7 60
91 44 42 E1 1F 57 E1 9E DC 8C 33 10 91 4F AF 77
66 BA 8B F7 F8 1B 56 A0 64 50 55 52 C2 D0 CC 91
BB AA 00 23 52 28 10 2A 5A 33 38 3A DC 4D 8D D0
BC 45 D5 4A 26 B0 B9 81 30 48 70 22 F0 62 59 C5
D8 8F 63 A4 AA 8B B1 C0 FB 2F C5 14 BC E1 7C 48
AA B8 7D 1E 33 9B BD 6A 6E BE C6 EB C3 83 C5 A4
CC FA B4 55 15 FB 98 37 52 C7 8D 5D 55 1F 9F CF
3F 7B 5B D4 16 95 83 32 64 39 56 9A A8 63 80 6B
FF F3 B6 BB 05 74 7E BC 68 F8 AF 24 B3 42 73 7D
DA 31 B3 E8 FF 86 BB 29 12 51 D7 B8 CB C1 5C 69
C4 EB 9B 05 D1 42 6B 5D EE 3B 23 EB DB 8C 7E A7
AB 9F 90 1D FD F8 70 5B EE F1 7D 3D 5F 9F C2 62
DA 8F 40 90 4A 20 EA A1 9E F7 2C CC 47 AC 7E FC
BD 9C D0 7C 46 E4 D9 AE AA C3 9B 8D A7 9A 43 7E
6A 5E D8 81 08 30 E8 30 7B 1F 0D 54 03 7A 54 67
95 87 CD 97 7B 5F 6E EE 84 79 18 12 DD 1A B6 CD
8B C4 AA 79 7B 97 56 04 80 B5 89 C8 CA 6D 34 70
34 91 5C BE D9 D5 11 99 E9 9B 71 1C 28 EE E7 51
69 69 8B A4 CC 81 16 0C 25 3C 98 C0 2D 76 DA 56
1A 21 00 0D 81 0A D0 16 83 D3 66 59 1B 0E CA 21
55 BF D8 D7 42 04 CB 9C 6A 3E AC 98 51 6A A7 15
51 23 E8 C7 66 16 04 CC 94 30 DF 7A 1E 05 C6 2C
4B 5E 96 1B 64 41 13 05 A6 25 B3 CE B5 90 51 21
6A 33 93 E9 3F 83 2A 0F 23 5A 46 12 26 00 00 00
00 49 45 4E 44 AE 42 60 82

>tfw just iterate through 800x800px with 24bit rgb
>you will see all images that ever existed and exist

not gonna happen for two reasons:

1) 2000 character maximum post = max size 8000 bits = 1kB

2) any post with this much hex is filtered by Sup Forums as spam

example of trying to do this with a tiny 8x8 image
possibly put hex in image or use base 64

Actually I just did it:
You read this as a PNG file and it's a picture of emma watson's nipple.
in 30x21, Black and white.

It's definitely enough to produce an illegal image.

Not necessarily, because info.sjc.ox.ac.uk/users/gualtieri/Is Pi normal.htm

Try en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champernowne_constant instead.

It contains a live video stream of yourself in this very second.

do you have any idea how much taxpayer money goes into subsidizing that research?

S
C
ARTIFICIAL
R
C
I
T
Y

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disjunctive_sequence

800X800 = 640000 pixels
24 bit color = 2^24 = 16,777,216 colors
total unique images = 10,737,418,240,000
linux epoch time (arbitrary start date) = 1497366317

total unique images / linux epoch time = 7171 unqiue images per second being created 24/7/365 with no repeats or duplicates for this claim to be true

I dont think so.

>be pharmaceutical company
>develop antiretroviral medication
>your drug is too valuable to developing countries
>their governments decide to ignore your patent
>they start making generic versions of your drug

Hex in an image is not a good idea. What you would want instead is a series of pixels that correspond to hex values.... Like pixel one would be let's say Black and white, 256 colours. That's 256 numbers, which is enough for 0xFF.
And you'd have an array of pixels corresponding to hex values, read by a script of some sort.

Or even better- OFFSETS. Like you have a reference image, and then the colour bitwise offset would be the hex value for the hidden image.

You're doing some serious stenography there at that point.

please post more

huh. it apparently doesnt recognize hex as spam when its spaced like that. neat.

>lobby the US government to send 'military aid' to their 'progressive revolutionaries'
>they topple the government in a US funded coup and then they turn into a US friendly super totalitarian state banning the production of the generics

Works every time

what about a generator for the numbers?

Yeah. cutting out the spaces makes it shorter, obviously, but it makes Sup Forums's spam system kick in. I didn't try cutting just newlines for space, so that might squeeze a few extra bytes in.
If you really want to be mean to hiroshima, you could instead put in a payload, and get people to save it and run it. Or maybe a mini-png that runs some kind of exploit on some image viewing programs, that say, deletes system32.

You can get pretty nasty with this shit.

>neural network text stenography

>be academic journal
>researchers submit paper
>get some reviewers to look at it
>don't pay reviewers since that'd introduce conflict of interest
>take away author's copyrights once it's accepted
>authors must pay to read own article
>charge retards for tens of dollars for a single PDF download
>charge retards hundreds of dollars for 48h access
>charge universities a fuckton of money for infinite access
>lock up taxpayer-funded research behind a paywall
>lobby governments for legislation that fucks over research authors

Someone needs to destroy academia

>destroy academia
No, just destroy the kike publishers.

>india, brazil
>US puppet governments

>be pharmaceutical company
>lobby every competitor out of existence through regulations and vouchers
>lobby for IP law that throws university research out of competition even though most of your workforce came from publicly funded universities, then do university research anyway and slap your patents on it as part of a contract
>even though much of your work force and research was publicly funded by taxpayers, they won't see a dime for return on investment except increasing healthcare costs
>make new painkiller for getting veterans and boomers addicted, aggressively market
>jack up healthcare costs even more by including some useless mandatory software for processing your product into every transaction
>claim "muh innovation" when IP law comes up
>beg for more grants from the taxpayer

t. medical tech engineer

>mandatory software

please explain

But that's exactly what the ReactOS guys are doing and it's perfectly legal.

Gibs me teh primes then. :^3

SciHub
may it live forever

"we need you to use this really horrible overengineered and probably broken API built by our contractor Pajeet to send sales analytics to our team even though your EHR already does that"

or

"we need you to include this useless interactive iframe that is probably a vulnerability into your public to market our product on your provider's client sites, also we may be changing the product every once in a while so you will need to contact another API who is managed by my grandsons startup that I totally didn't completely fund, it's a startup for managing dynamic pharmaceutical advertisements"

if you think I'm embellishing you have no idea how bad things are

A true blessing from the Deus Mechanicus.

Sure, just tell me: how many people do you think are willing to spend billions on research which is not going to profit them anyway? Current patent laws are bullshit, but no patent laws would also result in no progress whatsoever.

>No research and developement happened before patents were created

could you imagine if Watson and Crick patented DoubleHelyx Tech™

Oh gosh, yeah, it isn't like we have non-corporate and academic research institutions that aren't driven by greed...

Also, what is with this fixation on money?
Cryptocurrency is going to tear down those of the old elite who do not migrate.

>how many people do you think are willing to spend billions on research which is not going to profit them anyway?

taxpayers

both pharma profits, pharma education institutions, and pharma research budgets are almost completely funded by taxpayer subsides