You have two (2) minutes to draw a circle in GIMP

You have two (2) minutes to draw a circle in GIMP.

How fucked are you?

1. pick a pencil
2. draw a circle

Fuck off faggot

>put a round object on tablet
>draw circle

that wasn't hard at all

1. pick a pencil
2. click anyhere on the canvas

Fuck off faggot

Get a brain moran, its easy

Brilliant.

>Linux

I'll just use Photoshop, thank you. No need to go through all that pain just to draw a darn circle.

You can't do this on gimp?

GIMP has no shape tool. Photoshop has had one since before most of Sup Forums was born.

Method 1

>Eclipse tool
>hold shift and click and drag
>right click
>select
>border
>fill bucket
EZ. What's so hard to do this? I swear, wintards are cucking themselves from by paying for programs as a service

method 2

thats an oval though, you need lowercase

2 minutes is a little generous considering i can just google it. make it 10 seconds and I'm fucked, I have no idea how to use GIMP and it sounds awful.

are you using a tablet? the cursor movements seem erratic.
if you are which kind is it and do you like it over drawing with pen/paper?

that's a little two complex just to draw a circle, but I think the real question is why would anyone use professional grade software just to draw circles? MS paint can do that lol

>two complex
>two
Maybe because you're just retarded

method 3

Nope, I just have a high DPI mouse and try to do the webm quickly so the filesize will be low enough to upload

hows that

Why? GIMP isn't a drawing program.

>MS Paint has a shape drawing tool, but GIMP doesn't

t-typos happen user :(

Checkmate

Then why does it have a brush tool?

Taken from their website.

>Original Artwork Creation

Hmm...

Easy. Open text editor, write:

And then import in GIMP.

only knew the "stroke selection" trick and this guideline thingy is a feature I was looking for
you're a gimp wizard, thank you

I want to change the thickness of the existing circle, change it from a solid circle to a dotted circle and change the color to an angular gradient, without having to delete the existing circle and doing the creation process all over again. How do I do this in GIMP?

>to transform images

illiterate nigger

>t-typos happen user :(

Shut up TWO!

>needing to use the keyboard to draw anything
kys

Best method, fuck those fancy GUI when you can just write your own picture.

Paint doesn't support gradients, and circles are non-editable after they've been drawn.

You put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger.

Nah, I think I'll just use Photoshop instead. :^)

why doesnt gimp just aim to emulate the Photoshop layout and features? then people would take it more serious

Mad lincuck

1: Make a round selection.
2: Fill
3: Shrink selection by desired thickness.
4: Delete
5: ????
6: PROFIT!!

No, YOU kiss your sister, you lazy faggot!

gimp actually has a circle tool

>Every solution so far
>At least 5 steps
>WHATS THE MATTER, THAT TOO MUCH FOR YOU?
This entire thread is indicative of why nobody likes linux.

Fallacy fallacy

Not only that, but the shapes aren't even editable once they've been created. Even for simple modifications, you have to delete the entire shape and start the whole thing over again. If I have a path-based shape like pic related and I want to tweak a node, I have to start all over again.

Not exactly what you want but close. Hit u, click circle. Hit delete. Edit > Stroke Selection. Select thickness and configure your dotted little. Hit ok.

For the anguler gradient. Hit u click circle. Use gradient tool.

i have a solution but it involves approximation with triangles

(real) method 4: "git gud"

cheater

can someone explain to me what's with this fucking pepper?

>Green is my pepper.png

>This entire thread is indicative of why nobody likes linux.
You don't understand the appeal of Linux. Linux is for people who have nothing better to do. It's for people who believe that doing something the hard way means that they're smarter than you. They believe that wasting your time away on doing everything manually is a badge of honor. These people don't understand that the point of computing is to accomplish something, not waste your life away on doing boring, banal shit the hard way.

Linux users are nothing more than modern-day luddites.

Fallacy fallacy fallacy

>Linux is for people who have nothing better to do.
We're both on Sup Forums, none of use have anything better to do.
>It's for people who believe that doing something the hard way means that they're smarter than you.
I'm not any smarter than anyone else on this board.
>They believe that wasting your time away on doing everything manually is a badge of honor.
All I had to do was click a few buttons and Linux is installed, do "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install (Whateveryouwant)" and you're done.
>These people don't understand that the point of computing is to accomplish something, not waste your life away on doing boring, banal shit the hard way.
I use Linux everyday, it gets shit done so much faster, it's built for productivity and it works, the only reason Linux ever fucks up is if you fuck it up.
t.Linux user for 5 Years

Honestly gimp is such a PIA sometimes I just revert back to paint.exe.

How do you fuck up a paint program? "Free" software.

GG EZ
> select ellipse selection tool, set aspect ratio to 1:1, make a stroke

Sup Forums pls go

Who cares that it's a paint to draw a circle.
How about it's the most awkward and ass backwards painting application in existence.
Seriously, there are "online aps" that have a better flow and feel than gimp.. In fact all of them do.

Not at all.

>filters > rendering > gfig
>click circle tool
>drag
Do I get a bonus for using finishing 92% earlier than expected?

It's a pain*

Ms paints primary purpose is circling shit on screenshots, gimps main purpose is retouching photos

Maximum kek.

This thread:

>Do this on GIMP
>Several examples of the thing being done on GIMP
>N-NO user that looks complicated nobody likes lincucks because it's hard

You can't win against this trolls, if you can't do the thing, they will cry about it, if you can do it they will bitch and moan it's too difficult.

Just because this is a troll thread I'll say this, yes OP your software of choice is vastly superior to that piece of shit GIMP, I don't know why people use it, they must be crazy, now please go and enjoy using your software of choice, the one that lets you do wanderful productive things, you must make big bucks creating stuff with the software you use, I won't take anymore of your time, thank you for showing us how wrong we were

i found this but why is there a picture of a fucking pepper in a /gd/ program in the first place?

save the circle as a path and you can do that
change thickness by repainting path
solid to dotted with radial gradient
use a mask to repaint the dotted circle with the angular gradient

>gimps main purpose is retouching photos

But IIRC it can't even read raw files?

you don't

You don't, you do it in Krita.

Photoshop can. :^)

>All that screen tearing and saw-like borders in Linux
>Such perfection in windows and osx

>ITT: "professional" artists who draw circles all day

there's only one way to do this

underrated. for the vast majority of people Krita is more than enough for whatever shitty memes they're making or whatever, and it's not even meant to be a photoshop replacement. It's a digital art program that's better at being an image manipulation program than the actual supposed image manipulation program, GIMP

hahahahahahaha what the fuck

this

if you're drawing circles, chances are Photoshop is overkill for whatever you're doing.

but then you move to gimp and you can't even draw circles

kek

nah krita is acceptable for whatever you're doing I'm sure. in fact for the vast majority of people on this board MS paint would suffice.

I love how you windows users always have to come here to try and justify your operating system choice by generalising and talking shit after probably trying Linux for a couple of hours and going "this is too hard lol xdd"
Linux with a bash terminal is objectively faster and more powerful than windows has ever been.
The fact that you think the ease of drawing a circle using a program on one operating system compared to a different program on another is representative of the whole operating system just proves how retarded you are.
If windows is so much more efficient and faster than Linux then please show me how easily you can:
Find a certain string in a collection of text files
Join 10 different text files together
Tell me how many files with two certain extensions are in a folder
View a log file live as it is being written
Delete all files in a folder that have a certain string in the filename
Retrieve a certain value from a webpage and write it to a text file every 5 minutes
etc.

Did you script the mouse movement?

Delete

>faster and more powerful
Again, only for those who take their precious time to learn a million tricks on a boring 70s terminal.

>To transform images
Dumbfuck. GIMP is a touchup tool, not a drawing program. Use inkscape for drawing.

>Getting good at something requires learning
Wow, who would have thought?

/thread

this is the cleanest method

>two space indentation

I recommend you disable mouse acceleration of any form. Your mouse accuracy is extremely sub-par.

actually its just 1 space

PEP8 REEEEEEEEE

had to be quick to keep it under the file size limit

You do have to use Stroke Selection. Stupid, yes, but it's doable once you know and knowing is half the battle

Why are (((Windows))) niggers in this thread conflating GIMP with Linux? GIMP is on everything, it's not tied to Linux.

they're CIA niggers. they glow in the dark. newfag

Holy shit I forgot about turtle. I had some IBM DOS shitbox in the corner of my third grade classroom, and that little turtle was my spearhead into learning how to go full autist on a problem.

In Krita: download, don't look at manual, create a new document or load a pic, see circle tool, pick it and draw circle.

Krita is what should be the default recommendation as the basic Raster graphics drawing program. Though personally I tend to mostly use vector graphics and use inkscape, which is absolutely top-tier to the extent that I frankly no longer see any use for adobe illustrator.

>drawing circles
Are you 6?

algorithms are hard