Guts

Post em, liquid cooling edition.

I know this isn't /sqt/ but how does liquid cooling work? Does the motherboard BIOS control it, or does it work automatically?

Depends on how you set it up. For me the pump and fans are controlled by the motherboard. The fans spin based on liquid temperature using a temp sensor, and the pump is connected to the CPU fan header.

case?

wait isn't your cooler backwards

anyone got any good cases i should look at? mostly looking for tool less optical drive slot atleast 1 but i could live without. Going from an antec 900 want something with much better cable management and maintenance aka filters ect. Been eye balling the corsair graphite cases.

Yea a lot of it is backwards but I like it that way. CPU gets air directly from the outside, top fans are blowing outside air down onto the GPU fans. Pretty happy with my temps.

yo

that looks metal as fuck

Bit offtopic for this thread but on-topic enough,

has anyone cut out pieces of CDs and glued them inside the case for the reflection effect?

I'm considering doing some mod like this with the stack-of-CDs I still haven't thrown away (some months ago I went through them all and copied what was worth having - though the majority was just divx movies and other garbage).

How do you like the Gigabyte Gaming-5?

Not him but I actually got the AX370-Gaming-5 _today_ and my first impression of it was BAD.

It wouldn't even boot GNU/Linux, just gave me a blank screen.

There were BIOS updates on their website and I installed the latest one that wasn't labelled "beta" and volla, my system would boot and seems to work fine so far (though I've just used it 2:40 so not even 3 hours).

It seems fine now but that was a really bad first impression Gigabyte gave me. I mean, if I didn't have a laptop to download the BIOS with then I'd probably still have no working system (and probably waiting in line at the library or something to get a new BIOS, not even knowing if that would fix it).

mines not bad. i originally had 24gb of ram, and it wouldnt boot with that. now with 32gb, its fine. ocs fine. bios is okay, not as good as my old asus z97.

dual bios is your friend.

My home server. Well it started out as a server, now it's pretty much my "does everything that isn't vidya" machine. I got a six-core Xeon for it instead of the old 930, and finally got around to replacing the old top cooler with something that isn't so bad for airflow.

Sounds like something a female would do 2bh

Are you too fucking stupid to know why this won't work?

Got it finnished during the weekend.

Will probably get a third stick of the same ram for tripple channel later on, and a 960 evo ssd.

1366 bro :3

what hexa did you end up with? x5650?

Selling my graphics card.

It's an X5670. I found some Amazon seller listing them for just under fifty bucks. Maybe I could have beaten that by a few dollars on ebay, but then I'd have had to deal with ebay, and paypal. Fuck that.

the mobo is a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R. Unlike that user in the last thread with the UD4P I didn't have any difficulties with it. Though I haven't bothered overclocking it.

I'm a bit jelly of the slot layout on your Rampage III. My x16 slots are all bunched up, and one x1 will only take short cards because of the chipset sink.

also those are 8GB DIMMs by my count, do you know if every X58 board tolerates those? More than 24GB would be awfully useful.

Looks like shit I know but it's waaaay better than what it used to look like before I got a modular PSU and didn't give any fucks about the wiring.

Replaced PSU with SFX which allowed me to improve cable routing a bit. Plus it came with flat cables.
I guess this picture doesn't really show much of the cable management, though.

What is wrong with you

R8/H8

what kind of brand is nim ni

Ugly fans, but otherwise neat. What case is that?
Hope your there is top ventilation and that GPU isn't choked.

Too much empty space/10

who would ever want a winoforce? Oh, it's you...

>ashamed to post because I have RGB leds and window in my case

Don't be disheartened. I don't know what specific effect you're going for but it could turn out rad as fuck if you took the time to carefully cut out the cds into measured out squares and triangles and shit and glued them to cover the internal surfaces. Could make an interesting kind of holographic look. I say go for it and post results. It's a unique idea that will either turn out cool as fuck or pretty jank, depending on your ingenuity and attention to detail. Good luck

only intake fans, wat

take off the side panel and turn the lights off

What 3 slot GPU is that?
I'd replace the push/pull with one high pressure thick fan, too.

Parts: old
Shits: none

why did you chose that one?

Why don't you flip your PSU around..? It should be sucking through the front instead of the air coming off your CPU. You should be fine then.
Really should have fans on the cooler flipped, still, I think.

Housefire/10

I am Posted older pics to bump the thread!

Actually sold that card after two weeks as the 6970 kicked its ass with the Asus DCII cooler!

Here we goo

ill bump by posting my old gut pics too
i'll never understand why people bought 560's and 570's back then. 6950 was faster than the 560 and generally matched the 560 ti identically once overclocked slightly. and the 6970 matched the 570... yet both used 30 - 45 watts less power. same story with the 5000 series vs nvidia's 400 series.... 5870 > 470 yet nvidia sold more 470's than amd did with both 5850's and 5870's combined...

even with the 4000 series.... 4850 was as fast, and faster than the 250 and used 40 watts less.... yet nvidia sold more 250's than amd sold 4870's and 4850's. the 4870 was as fast and faster than the 260 and used less power... people didn't give a shit about power consumption until nvidia cared. really sad.

though really all i can do is blame amd's marketing. which was none.

I resold the 570 at less than 10 dollars loss due to some messy and shortlived sale on the 6970 at the time.

The 6970 was a faster card but holy moly could it get toasty with oc even with the three slot behemoth asus put on it!

Corsair 250D. there is ventilation on the side next to gpu.

Yes 8gb sticks, I haven't heard of any problems before, at least not with a hexa..
IMC's got alot better with the 32nm chips, but you may need to up the vtt/uncore voltage a bit if you want to try 48gb.

A x5670, eh? Really a shame letting that badboy just sit there at stock tho..

Gonna update picture to Ryzen edition soon

Guts is my old PC, speccy is new one (too lazy to open it, it was a pain in the ass to close)

My friends new Ryzen build after i put it together. He likes alot of lights i don't know why.

I really need to take an update pic.

gpu cooler is now oriented correctly. and the cooler is now an h105

for some reason speccy wants to say that my 1080 only has 4 gb of ram..

Speccy has always done that newfag

My dad keeps telling me to find a gf, not sure why

looks ugly but works excellent. i did a few minor change that u dont see in the pic

Speccy is buggy, on my PC it shows my ram speed at 50% only

Could you please tell me what kind of watercooling kit that is?

Double data rate nigger.

You sure Nvidia didn't just pull a GTX 970 on you?

How did you attach the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo fan bracket onto the case? Looks fucking cool and functional

Switching from that Arctic Freezer 33 to something beefier really helped. The fans scream pretty hard on PWM mode though. Gotta tweak the settings somewhat.

>tfw a tube fell out when leak testing for 10 minutes
It was because I was an idiot, it shouldn't happen next time but I'm still pretty spooked

overclock.net/t/1534282/how-to-correctly-leak-test-your-loop-101

In Win 805
Not a kit, just EK components

Thanks

which fan do you mean?

Ahh the fishtank parts days. Damn kids today don't know how easy they have it. An old school water cooling setup was a heater core from a junkyard, a fishtank or pool pump, and a block of copper with two holes drilled in it.

the fuck is that cpu block even

That's because you're a fucking retard.

3D printet a casing to fit around the existing heatsink. Also 3D printet the centrifugal pump which eventually caused the failure

Its a 1080, some games have the vram usage bar, and all say 8gb so were good
And yeah speccys pretty ass