In European history there were many concentrated efforts to stop France, Germany or Russia from becoming too powerful...

In European history there were many concentrated efforts to stop France, Germany or Russia from becoming too powerful. Isn't it strange that no one did anything to prevent the US from acquiring world dominance before it was too late? They could have tried at least

They were all stupid hicks or religious nuts (even for the time,) so no one thought they could accomplish anything.

America was back then and still is today, a non interventionist nation. The only parts we intervened was when we became back to back world war Champs, vietnam, korea, iraq, Afghanistan, and other few instances

this

USA used to be very isolationist, but we didn't really take off until the mid 20th century, when we started intervening. Coincidence?

We should go back to being isolated

(ie. building a wall, stopping illegal immigration)

Europe was rebuilding around that time, so there was nothing they could do

Fully agreed. Time to stop wasting so much on other nations. America first.

Because Europeans didn't give a fuck about anyone but Europe until WWII.

>America was back then and still is today, a non interventionist nation.

it's true, as much as i'm a self-hater, we would've never joined the wars if we weren't attacked.

>non-interventionist
>Monore Doctrine
>white man's burden
>banana republic
>Phillipines

Invading another continent is pretty much impossible without a large technology difference.

The Western Front of WW2, for instance, would have been impossible without the no-holds-barred asspounding that the Germans took from the USSR.

>still is today
>non interventionist nation

Because Europeans fucked up and we were terrified of the world falling to gommies.

Otherwise the US would have stayed within it's own hemisphere.

the post war world was designed to have open trade via Bretton Woods. the reason people thought war happened was because economies were more or less isolationist after the great depression, ie Germany and France didn't trade with each other and traded with their colonies.

The US was supposed to guarantee free-trade and tradelanes via fleet of carriers, and hence were given the right to be powerful.

>America
>Non-Interventionist

Maybe in 1840

>America was back then and still is today, a non interventionist nation.
>This is what americans actually believe

Why do we need a wall to stop illegal immigration?

>I cant really be called a rapist
>I only rape when I'm drunk or really, really horny, and it's always with women who ask for it themselves by being outside in my view and defenseless

retarded american whoreson hopefully america collapses within my lifetime amen

They did.

>America was back then and still is today, a non interventionist nation
I
Mad keks it just wasn't a nation at all when European countries were trying to balance powers, and in its first century of existence it unlawfully invaded more countries than the UK during that time period

Don't forget Hawaii.

When?

OP to answer you I think the euros were too fkd from both world wars (in both of them america was the least harmed in them) that they couldn't do anything to stop the rise of the USA into superpower status

Yeah, by then it was already to late. The Civil War would have been an opportunity to intervene and balkanize the country. Or the Spanish-American War

Hello CIA

>a non interventionist nation
>except all those countless times we intervene

The UK saw the writing on the wall, and realized there was no way to actually stop the US's rise to power.
Ever wonder why the US and UK are so chummy nowadays despite the fact there was that whole 30 years of shooting at each other, sometimes in war sometimes just for fun, and then another 70 years of the UK making fun of the US? Around the turn of the 20th century some of the smarter and longer thinking Englishmen realized, holy fuck, the US has the third largest population of any country on the planet, is churning out a massive amount of inventions, has a navy that rivals our own, is completely impervious to invasion, and is surpassing the rest of us in pretty much every measurable quantifier imaginable. We should make friends with them.

As they called it, it was from "Pulling the Lion's Tail to Petting the Eagle's Head." They knew that (at the time) the US had very little interest in European affairs, and didn't much care for colonization or overseas holdings. Sure there was that whole Spanish American War thing, but by George we do worse before we have our morning coffee, America is small time and would be a rock solid ally if we can befriend them.

They were partially right, partially wrong. It is true we are a rock solid ally with the British. After all, our cultures were largely the same for most of the US's existance, although that's definitely not true of the last 50 years. They were wrong in thinking we would continue to be uninterested in European Affairs however. The English of 1900 still felt like they would be in charge and the US would simply be an ally they could call upon in time of need to help balance the power in Europe, I don't believe anyone fathomed the idea of the US more or less running the (free) world in 50 years. But then, they probably didn't fathom the idea of two wars spanning the entire globe killing 80 million plus people and destroying the British Empire either.

The UK invaded all but 3 countries on earth m8

>Europeans consider actually following your religion to be crazy
lol

18th century colonization + friendly takeover of non-nations =! unlawfully invading Canada, Mexico, Cuba, Hawaii, the Philippines, most of Central America with the intention of annexing them and sometimes succeeding

mashallah brother, لا إله إلا الله، محمد رسول الله , god dictates my every action, war in the name of god is the righteous path
>Americans won't see the irony in being religious nuts and saying muslims are bad at the same time
>being literally on the same page as terrorists

I might agree with you if Americans were Muslims. Or Jewish. Christianity is one of the most peaceful religions on the planet. Officially.

Leave it to Europeans to use it as a casus belli to wage war though after Jesus went full Hippy.

If Americans were actual christians the whole Republican party and wall street wouldn't exist... Jesus was indeed a hippy and his message was mainly "hey let's get rid of strict dogma and sectarism, greed, circumcision and violence suck, peace y'all" and yet the vast majority of christians, not just catholics, think that being ultra conservative and prohibitive is being a good believer... I wasn't raised in religion (inb4 fedora) but respect it for its cultural importance and I know a few "good christians" who are truly positive, progressive and selfless, and it makes me kek and/or weep so hard when a Ted Cruz claims he's a christian

Nobody has ever done christianity right, but at either rate even the worst christian doesn't strap bombs to themselves in this day and age. A few nuts shoot up abortion clinics but comparing muslims to christians is fucktarded. Not all religion is created equal, and neither are cultures. Arab culture and religion are both inferior and incompatible with western culture. Unless they can be integrated and frankly uplifted (holy fuck there is so much child rape in Afghanistan) I don't want Muslims to freely immigrate here at all.

The nations of Europe were near to each other, and a threat to each other. For the better part of history the US wasn't strong enough to be a threat to nations across the sea. Then technology advanced, and the overturn happened so quickly that nations recovering from a world war turned to the US to help them against another threat. During that time the US became top dog, and few people complained until relatively recently in history, now that we are doing things on a global scale.

I think christianity has been (almost) just as dumb in the past, it's just their stance towards religion that has to change. I wouldn't like to have a southern US Jesustard gun nut for a neighbor just as much as I wouldn't like to have an isis condoning dune coon for a neighbor. Having been able to take some distance from religion is what has made the West less retarded or at least more liveable in some respects (I'm not saying I'm not euphoric in this moment because of some phony god, just that I'm euphoric that no one will shove their values and beliefs down my throat)
Since it seems that the Saudis are nowhere near stopping to fund the spread of their extremist uncompromising views, you may be right, we're not compatible as of today.

You are really indoctrinated if you think southerners are half as bad as an ISIS dune coon.
Either that or you just drink too much of the cool aid. I was born and raised in the deep South and you know how much we shoot each other?
We don't. The only people around here that have done any shootings around here in the last 5 years have been fucking black I shit you not. We all have guns, we shoot squirrels and deer with them not people. Now some of the meth heads have shanked some guys but they're hardly bible thumping rednecks. I'm not sure if those guys even remember how to read at this point.

I find it really fucking insulted you're comparing any Americans to an ISIS murderer. That just reeks of ignorance I wouldn't expect my neighbors to have, and these guys can't locate most of Europe on a map mind you.

I haven't been a Christian since I was 17, really since I was 15, and I don't enjoy bible thumpers. I find them infuriating at best, but if I had to go to church with them every day to keep radical Islamists out I'd do it in a fuckin heartbeat. Billy Joe will ask you if'n you read th' good book, Muhammad and Mohammad will cut your fucking head off for being white.

we gained power when France,Germany,briton and Russia were all fighting world war 2

>I find it really fucking insulted
And I'm the one drinking too much of the cool aid... Ah, the South :^)
Indoctrinated by whom? I'm merely pointing out that both of these categories of people have the same closed mindset based on religion, really conservative with a hatred for people different from them. Between an American inbred who thinks Jesus tells him to not wear condoms and to forbid abortions and homosexuality and bomb the middle east and an arabic inbred who thinks Mohammad tells him to not wear condoms and to forbid abortions and homosexuality and bomb the west I don't see a big difference

>non interventionist nation.

holy shit have you ever read a single book in your life?

quality bait, got me to bite

Yeah sorry I'm on phone, autocorrect.
>hate
Again, you sound indoctrinated and don't know what it's like here. Hate is a strong term. Nobody hates anything around here except when someone cuts them off or taco bell gets their order wrong. No it's not some paradigm of knowledge and peace and love but it's not the 1930s either.
Everyone still thinks Alabama is How to Kill a Mockingbird when it's a lot more like everywhere else just with worse sidewalks. I know we have better roads than Detroit, they do have us beat on sidewalks though. You average Southerner is quite nice, and pretty non violent. We don't want Muslims coming in because we're afraid of them, and rightly so I have to think.

Also nobody thinks Jesus told us not to wear condoms. Do you have us confused for Catholics? Protestants have no issue using birth control.

You don't know anything about the south, shoo, worry about things that affect you

>Let Me Tell You About Your Country: France Edition

We were oceans away, in a whole different hemisphere. They didn't give a damn until they realized that we were way too damn big to take on. The USA was irrelevant until we flattened Spain in 1898. By then, it was far too late, and we just kept on growing. Research War Plan Red. It's interesting.

dont worry, its coming to an end

>friendly takeover of non-nations
Ok man, whatever you say. Don't mind Britkeks genociding those 10 million Indians

Are you baiting or are you actually being serious?

I'm pretty sure most European countries that aren't Germany, Serbia or Russia would pick the USA over Europe in a conflict.

Because the other European countries are a threat to us, while the USA keeps us safe.

Maybe if yuros weren't barbaric warmongers hell bent on killing each other in the millions across 2 world wars, they could have done something.

I would say Japan and Germany at least tried to prevent American global dominance.

>LETS GO BACK TO NOT BEING A WORLD POWER
fuck off cucks america has never been better, we live in the age of globalism we need to be invovled internationally for our own good, there is a reason china is getting involved in Africa and Latin america as much as it can.
are you kiding me we have been fighting wars abroad since our founding, The marines use to be called the police of the world.

american sand nigger here i live in the south the people are far more friendly less racist than in the north or in europe, some people might be a little ignorant but they are polite and well meaning all the same.

For the most part, the main continental european powers were exclusively focused on neutralizing each other.

It's more a thing of France and England enabling the rise of USA, the first by opening up the gates of the midwest to colonization for a handful of dollars, the second by feeding the american economy with trade.

Basically Napoleon was, from a strategical point of view, the biggest imbecile in the history of Europe. Or an english agent.

Up until WW1, America was no great power.

WW1 made sure European powers would never rise to the same heights again. WW2 made America the power it is today.

>Isn't it strange that no one did anything to prevent the US from acquiring world dominance before it was too late?

but China is already on it.

they will not allow the eternal perfidious anglo nor their failed colonies to dominate the world.

>dumb posts
>20 replies each

>no replies

never change Sup Forums

why dont you go back to the middle eastern deserts where you belong?

Do you not feel like you are not part of this babylonian wannabe culture?

I did

thats why I moved back to my home country

you should do the same

pretty sure theyre just scared theyll go to hell if they say bad things to you

The US is too remote to pose a direct threat to any European great power, which is why none tried to stop the US in the 19th century and after that the world wars prevented the establishment of an anti-American coalition.

the atlantic ocean helps a tad

America absolutely dismantled the Spanish empire in the late 19th century. People always think WWI was the first display of the US as a global power but it was the Spanish-American war.

Stupid thread. No one ever expected the US to become a global super power and the only reason they even are one today is because european countries decided to commit collective suicide with WW1 and WW2 took care that the US had the only intact industrial, scientific and educational infrastructure and population in the entire civilised world.

It's really telling how brits had to basically give the americans a basic course in international espionage and subterfuge and all the other bells and whistles of being a global super power after their own empire fell apart as the last relevant european supwer power and burgers had to step up. See brits setting up the 1953 iranian coup and americans taking all the credit.

I never said the US became relevant in world politics in the 20th century. With remote I meant remote in the geographical sense.

Believe you me, it's cause we're polite and kind. We have absolutely no qualms about calling a knuckledragging scumfucking grasseating hippiefucking carpetbagging lowlife exactly that to his face. Jesus'll forgive us our transgressions but this ne'er-do-well needs a good tonguelashin right now.

>imbleying im wrong

>German ocean
Do people really call the North Sea the German Ocean?

No one could reach them basicly and no one thought a bunch of imbred idiots created out of bantz between france and the british would become the most powerfull nation on earth, after Israel
I mean, just look at this guyHow the fuck this happened is beyond me, but for one i think the jews did it, they're the smart ones

>trick murica into subsidizing the military of countries worldwide
feels good man

>That one but they Panamanian
Ungrateful shit

It was because we had pocket aces until the last minute

While the French did expect the US to greatly increase their chances of winning in ww1 no one expected the US to dominate the globe after ww2, not until the war was almost over simply because we were the backwater for over 200 years

Before ww1 all the well-off went to europe to live or tour, while that is still true it meant europe was the place for great powers

Some did of course had great hope but they didn't think it would be so dramatic and so fast

the last 100 years was much more change the the previous 100 years

That was all in a much slower age of imperialism and concentrated European power games

Couldn't do anything about rapid industralization and economic growth, once we turned our car factories into tank and plane plants that was that

>huge country
>diverse resources and economy
>obscenely large military complex
>isolated and bordered by two large oceans, a cuck country to the north, and a desert full of rapists, murderers, and tacos to the south

decline or rise, we will still be fine by ourselves

You're both wrong and retarded

bump

America litteraly sees itself as the world's cop.

America literally is the world's cop. Who the fuck else is going to stop genocide in Africa? France?

They did France and the u.k tried multiple times

Stupid Hicks can do a lot when you sell them half a continent for pennies, thanks Europe.

american cant even cop itself my dear fatyfuck

eh

historically we're more into starting them

France and Englel considered helping the CSA during civil war but ended up not doing it because of the Russians

Could you shut your fucking mouth ?