/tpg/ - ThinkPad General

Previous thread: IRC: #/tpg/ on irc.rizon.net

Other business laptops are also welcome in /tpg/ (e.g. Dell Latitude/Precision, HP EliteBook/ZBook).

>New to /tpg/ or looking for purchasing advice? (hint: use the advice request template, it makes life easier)
pastebin.com/nBqTEbHn

>If you're looking for purchase advice, READ THE BUYERS GUIDE FIRST. Then post, stating budget and requirements (e.g. size and performance).

>Don't buy anything OTHER THAN ThinkPad T, X, W SERIES if you want the Real Business Experience™

>Recommended models and mod guide:
pastebin.com/jVSuE175

>Used ThinkPad buyers guide:
ktgee.net/tpg

>xsauc buyers guide:
dankpads.com

>EPP discount for new ThinkPads (USA & Canada only, usually 15%+ off):
pastebin.com/JVwVGVTW

>Helpful links and resources (Wiki, lookup tools and wallpapers):
pastebin.com/DYjEnVq1

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Thinkpad-T420s-I7-2640M-2-8-GHz-16-GB-Memory-256-SSD-/332257952746?hash=item4d5c1e03ea:g:jc0AAOSwPWRZOsst
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

frst for

2 5 7 0 P
P

2570p is fine.

filtered

Who here /T430/?

How can I get my T430 to allow chink batteries?

Budget:up to $200 kangaroo bux
Size:14" or smaller
Performance:not fussed, can at least run a browser without dying
Other requirements:N/A

it just werks

T 4 3 0

Really made me think.

>Starts at $300

It's because the idiot OP of the other one is a tripfag and half the board can't see his thread without turning of their filter.

>Amazon
>Buying a "refurbished" or upgraded machine
>Not buying a sans HDD T430 for $100

>Amazon
>In Australia

Dollarydoos is only like $225 in US.

Just buy a t420 refurb and put in more ram and SSD instead of HDD.

Simple

It's actually $265, but I'll look at this, thanks.

You can get a T430 for that price.

- $100 i5 T430 w/o HDD (up to 8GB RAM)
- $50 120GB SSD

That's about $200 aussie bucks

anyone tried the W541?

is this a good deal?

ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Thinkpad-T420s-I7-2640M-2-8-GHz-16-GB-Memory-256-SSD-/332257952746?hash=item4d5c1e03ea:g:jc0AAOSwPWRZOsst

My pillow dropped at the top of my A/C adapter last night, and it overheated quite a bit, while even burning my white leather couch a bit.

The A/C is now cracked, i can see some of his insides, and i already plan on buying a new one. Thing is, it STILL works, but i don`t know if i should use it.

I will buy a 90w one, maybe it works better, but man, this thing is heating up so much. Even now if i put it on a better surface, it gets incredibly hot.

Am i putting myself or my computer in danger here? Note that, it still works perfectly. Just played 3 hour of mass effect with it on, and while it got hot, i had no problems at all.

But maybe i should lay low until the 90w arrives, idk.

Any tips?

if it can stay at that price until the end of the auction
dont go above 250 for it
dont use it?
if it got so hot that the shit melted then throw it in the trash and dont touch it anymore
it's only a matter of time before the caps inside fully die.

2570p is good you fucking faggot
Stop making threads while the one is still new you dipshit

google thinkpad embedded controller mod
it's like the first result for the git hub page
I mean I have one, but it throttles like crazy and I cant get it to not when under load

Use a non-delta fan and if you're on a quad core use a custom fan curve that disengages above ~70C. No throttling issues here..

it's just a standard dualcore
and even forcing the fan to 100% at all times doesn't help, temps still creep up and it still throttles (it just takes slightly longer)

Have you tried disengaging the fan?